Author Topic: Ambitions: First Impressions  (Read 160157 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Ambitions: First Impressions
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 04:15:11 AM »
My first impression of Ambitions isn't great.  I've got a sim working the Archectural Design Profession.  She got a job to make a gym at someone'e home.  She put in all the required items:  Treadmill, workout bench, stereo, painting, rug, and baseball.  I went back and changed the floor and walls, and added another painting and some plants.  The customer still will not accept the work.  He says that he can't live in such filth and the least I could do is give him enough to use.  I just cannot figure out what I'm missing.  I'm at least $500 under budget and don't know what else I could buy.  Very frustrating and not a fun first experience with Ambitions.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2010, 04:15:51 AM »
So far so good. No crashes or anything negative to report with a minty fresh install of windows. Ghost hunting feels like a skill with restricted hours, as I'd expect. I've found all the mission types, and think there's enough variety to entertain for a while. I've mastered it and it took quite some time to discover everything. I'll be publishing the first career guide tomorrow thanks to a wonderful uninterrupted 6 hour spree focusing only on this profession.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

enigma1717

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2010, 05:11:47 AM »
Pam, allegedly the sims traits that you are working for with architecture matter, like if he is a snob then it has to be the most expensive stuff, or what not. But I have no idea if that is the problem, I haven't tried architecture yet.

However, I did just try the new education career track, and bleh. I thought all rabbit hole careers were basically going away for a new more missions based type, so with the old careers being basically the same and now this education career, I'm disappointed. It's just a normal career. It starts off only based on mood, then you need charisma, then you need logic, then you need to start holding lectures at the school (basically identical to meetings from business career but you only get 200 $). At rank 10 you'll need charisma and logic maxed. Also, I noticed that many times my lectures would jump after a lecture from green lecture face, to the angriest red face possible and would cause me to start losing work progress. Not sure if it was a bug or what, but was frustrating. It was strange to have a rabbit hole career already added compared to the other new cool ones, let alone one that seems buggy, no reward items for becoming superintendent or along the way, and it requires charisma yet relationship with boss or coworkers doesn't matter. On a tiny sidenote, since when did sucking up to the boss at work say that it lowered your relationship with coworkers, always?

Oh, and one more question. There is a new lifetime wish, quite a few actually, but there is one that says create 3 monsters, whether mystical, through science, or convergence. I took it on one character, but never figured out how to make even one. I thought it had to do with robots...any ideas?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2010, 07:15:32 AM »
I did start one of sims in the fashion profession and while I was working with her, two other household members job performance went in the red.  They had not missed work either and they both are lvl 9, so now must make sure they are taken care of, worked too hard on those jobs.  Not quite sure what happened, but will only work with one sim on new careers if I have to follow them to work, I never was too enthused about following sims to work and I am still not impressed so far.  I like the idea, but still too soon to make any other comments yet, overall, the concept is ok.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2010, 07:50:03 AM »
I moved my (only) household into Twinbrook, and I'm in the progress of redoing the house - making room for laundry, sculpting, trampoline, etc. But I have noticed one big (in my mind) problem since they moved neighbourhood - half my paintings are gone! They were all hand made by my sims and they were the themes for every room in the house. I think all the paintings that I had framed are gone, while the others are still there. Very annoying.  :'( :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2010, 08:16:34 AM »
Well, in my less-than-24 hours experience with Ambitions I can probably give you Tournament players a sneak peek into the first Ambitions challenge — something centered around the Descendant of da Vinci Lifetime Wish. I was thinking there would be a Sculpting LTW, but there's not. There's not a painting-only one too, so this one covers the bases nicely and hits 2 new skills.

Valadhiel

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »
pallyndrome, were they in your inventory (personal or family)?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2010, 11:21:54 AM »
I took a look around Twinbrook first thing and I really like the looks of it.  I love the foggy look after dark in the swampy areas. ;D

The first thing I noticed was that there are a lot of really ugly sims in Twinbrook. :o  My first sim to play was a townie, Amy Bull and she is in the stylist career.  I'm trying really hard to get some style on these simmies. :D  On level 3 she goes to houses to do makeovers but so far, everyone hates what she has given them.  I really like it but they don't...stupid sims. :D

I love the bridges, stoplights, dam with the flowing water, railroad tracks with the crossing gates, pretty much everything about the town.  It will take me some getting used to, to recognize townies as well as I can in SV and RV. 

The laundry system is great. ;D  What I don't like is the cheap washer and dryer...my sim became drenched just putting clothes into dryer, like she had just explored a dive well.  I cheated and gave her some money to get the expensive set. ::)  I love the moodlets they get when the clothes are clean...same as me. ;D

As far as objects go, EA definitely listened when we told them about more clutter objects.  It's great! ;D

It's going to definitely take me some time to explore everything this ep has to offer.  I am very impressed with the gameplay so far.  Definitely much better than when I got WA.   :)

Loki

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »
Hi, can you still go on vacations when you run Ambitions or do you still have to run World Adventures?

Leto85

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2010, 01:12:31 PM »
hi, can you still go on vacations when you run ambitions or do you still have to run wa?

You need to have them both installed to be able to go on vacations. If that is what you mean.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
I started out with a private investigator, but I got bored with it and decided to go ahead and start a new Legacy with the idea that I'll experience everything eventually.  My couple are pretty interesting, one is a culinary Librarian (I random roll for LTW) and the other is a Master of the Arts who is a professional painter.  I really like the new self employed system, gives me more motivation to sell lots of paintings and at a higher price.  He's already at level 7 in his profession.  The townies seem pretty interesting, and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better  ;).  I LOVE the laundry system, and I was really concerned that I would hate that part of the game, but it give such excellent moodlets!  And when you hire a maid they just take care of the work for you anyway.  Overall I'd say I have a positive first impression, and I haven't even played through any of the new careers yet! lol

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2010, 02:33:42 PM »
I, too, don't like the no skill books at the library.
The private investigator can also work at the police station for money!
I know the maid will finish the laundry that you start, but I've never seen the maid actually get the clothes and do the laundry from the start, but I could be wrong.
I have tried the stylist, too, and no one ever likes the makeovers. It is very frustrating. I don't know how to get them to like them. Are we supposed to befriend them first or something? Anyone know about this yet?
As for the sucking up to the boss lowering your relationship with coworkers, I am pretty sure that the culinary career says that as well. But I could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
One thing I really like is you can get promotions even while not at work. Just by working on the skills and you can get more than one in a day. Well in the newer professions at least.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
As for the Stylist, make them ugly and when they come back they will think it's amazing when you do it nice!  ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2010, 03:02:12 PM »
As for the Stylist, make them ugly and when they come back they will think it's amazing when you do it nice!  ;D
LOL that is too funny but won't work. Even when an already ugly sim comes in that you make them look better they don't like it. They must like to be ugly!

Offline Branr

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »
I have tried the stylist, too, and no one ever likes the makeovers. It is very frustrating. I don't know how to get them to like them. Are we supposed to befriend them first or something? Anyone know about this yet?

You don't need to befriend them, but I read it helps if they are in a good mood.  The jobs that pop up tell you what the sim wants, but it was more hit and miss for me offering makeovers to sims in the shop.  I watched what chat bubbles popped up over the sim's head just before I went to the makeover window as a clue (comb for hairstyle, clothes for clothing, etc.).