Author Topic: Ambitions: First Impressions  (Read 160236 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Re: Ambitions: First Impressions
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2010, 06:01:07 PM »
Yep Jenni was the girl I was playing and in the description it says she is pregnant so!
Yes they do have wrinkles when they are not even elderly. I noticed that too.

enigma1717

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2010, 10:26:39 PM »
Can you even start hotels this way? Or build homes for people who will than pay you rent money?

I experimented a bit after you said something. I put some beds in the rendezvous place. Very rarely, the sims that visited stayed there, and I certainly could sleep there myself. I'd assume if I was a more sociable sim I could even do some woo hoo. I imagine the sims that slept there were ones that were about to pass out, perhaps. Most of the time though, they just went home.

As for rent, and homes, no, not really. There are about three different values for each lot you can buy. You get that value every monday whether anyone uses the lot or not. Also, you can't buy "empty home lots", only community lots and businesses, and things like the consignment store or laundromat.

Edit: I'm totally going to see about making that rendezvous place a hotel now. Granted, not many people will use some of the services, but I'm going to make my sim try to live there and see how it works out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »
Yep Jenni was the girl I was playing and in the description it says she is pregnant so!

Sure enough!  I checked Goodwin's family tree and he has a son with Jenni.  The kid has the Dreamweaver family name, but he wasn't in the household when they got married.  Jenni and Goodwin were living together without their child.  Maybe he lives with his grandparents.  Interesting, too, is that Goodwin was single when he met Carina.  Jenni wasn't even his girlfriend.  Then a few days later he was engaged to her and Carina had to break them up.  She gave Jenni a hideous makeover, too.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2010, 01:07:48 AM »
Did everyone hear me squealing in Texas?  :D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Leto85

« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2010, 02:07:41 AM »
Nice looking child Pam! :O Like the hairstyle. Did you give her a makeover? :P Haha, probably not possible with kids.

After a day of playing, my first impression is positive. I really like the way you now have more control over buying out other lots like beaches or other lots that couldn't be bought before. The only downside that I miss is that you don't have the option anymore to collect all the money with a single click. I have to send my sim to every building on every lot (if there is a building) to get his money.

The inventor stuff is really cool! As some of you may have suspected, I did go straight to inventing the time machine and that thing is awesome. My inventor is still a teen by the way and therefore can't blow up stuff, unfortunately. Neither can he invent a robot, but that is probably because the family is in France at the moment, and a robot can't go there through the LTR either. So it may be just a forbidden place for artificial intelligence.

Sculpting is cool, too, and I highly recommend everyone to sculpt a lot of ice at first. You can easly unlock the challenge involving sculpting 20 sculptures and after that just another 5 with ice to get the next challenge completed. Then sculpt just 5 of all the other materials and you can get the next challenge completed.

Sometimes The Sims 3 can go from a life simulator game to a strategy one. I really like that!

My other sim is a firefighter, but I didn't go far yet because the rest of the family is on vacation now.
The same counts for Ghost Buster.

So in summary: I am really glad I bought this wonderful game! :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2010, 02:41:24 AM »
Nice looking child Pam! :O Like the hairstyle. Did you give her a makeover? :P Haha, probably not possible with kids.

No, she didn't get a makeover. That's a new toddler hairstyle in Ambitions. It's rather well known around here that I have a great fondness for the toddlers and I was squealing in excitement when I saw the cute new hairstyle!  ;D

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2010, 04:43:32 AM »

The inventor stuff is really cool! As some of you may have suspected, I did go straight to inventing the time machine and that thing is awesome. My inventor is still a teen by the way and therefore can't blow up stuff, unfortunately. Neither can he invent a robot, but that is probably because the family is in France at the moment, and a robot can't go there through the LTR either. So it may be just a forbidden place for artificial intelligence.

You may have a glitch or a bug with your game if your robot can't go on vacation with the family (or I might), as my robot that I got through the LTR can.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seren

• Nooboo
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »
That toddler hairstyle is adorable!

I got Ambitions today and the first thing I tried out was the Inventor Job, after I registered with City Hall the game didnt recognise any profits made through the consignment house/opportunities.  It didnt stop me maxxing out the Invention skill to be fair.  However shortly after I maxxed out the Inventing Skill, I was inventing and my sims backside caught fire, and she couldnt put it out.  She spent some time screaming and panicing before expiring and Death showing up to collect her.  Whilst she was on fire, she couldnt do anything and there was no other sims on the lot, I dont think there would have been time for Fire Services either. Perhaps its coincidence but my Magic Inventing Gnome I got fairly earlier on, winked out of existence at roughly the same time.

So I'm a little gutted my first Ambitions Sim has died so strangely.

Lestrade

« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »
That toddler hairstyle is adorable!

I got Ambitions today and the first thing I tried out was the Inventor Job, after I registered with City Hall the game didnt recognise any profits made through the consignment house/opportunities.  It didnt stop me maxxing out the Invention skill to be fair.  However shortly after I maxxed out the Inventing Skill, I was inventing and my sims backside caught fire, and she couldnt put it out.  She spent some time screaming and panicing before expiring and Death showing up to collect her.  Whilst she was on fire, she couldnt do anything and there was no other sims on the lot, I dont think there would have been time for Fire Services either. Perhaps its coincidence but my Magic Inventing Gnome I got fairly earlier on, winked out of existence at roughly the same time.

So I'm a little gutted my first Ambitions Sim has died so strangely.

When this happens just click on your shower and there is an action called "Extinguish yourself" or something like that, this action cancels the panic behaviour right away and your sim runs to the shower.

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2010, 08:29:19 AM »
This is an amazing expansion. I was interested in it when I first started reading about it, but you know how you set yourself up for something great and then you find out it isn't at all what you expected? I've felt this way about some of the TS2 expansions. I was cautiously optimistic about Ambitions.

After an interesting install, I got it to work. I am in love with this expansion. If you don't have it already, run, do not walk to the store and buy it! Go! go now!

The expansion seems to be centered around the new professions. I was getting bored with the old careers, so it is nice to have some new options. What options they are! You can even be self employed! How cool is that? I made a married couple in CAS and both are self employed, she as a sculptor and he as painter. I had to send them both to City Hall to complete the self employment. Sara is going great guns on the sculpting (she has the Da Vinci lifetime want) and has already gotten to level 3. All she wants to do is sculpt. Scott's progress in painting is a bit slower, since he likes to take breaks more often and is kind of whiney. They have a little girl who spends most of her time inventing widgets. Now that I've gotten them squared away, I'll try making a mad scientist/inventor next.

I'm pleased with the new furniture. It's a nice Federalist set, makes for some nice traditional homes. I would have liked some more modern furniture, since modern houses are what I do best, but that is a pretty minor complaint and one I am willing to overlook. The new windows and doors are lovely.

There are some nice new hairstyles for men (finally) and a few for women, one of which is quite adorable. No new clothes, unfortunately.

Twinbrook is a cool town. There seem to be more premades in this neighborhood than in SV and Riverview. The sims in Twinbrook are, ah, interesting. I won't give it away. Just play a few and you'll see what I mean.

All in all the best expansion yet. That's saying a lot, since I adore WA.

enigma1717

« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »
There are some new clothes, namely that ugly looking set of everyday outifts with an apron...I can't imagine justifying putting it in a real everyday outfit when to me it just screams "Work Uniform". None the less...there are some new ugly clothes  ;)

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2010, 10:25:07 AM »
There are some new clothes, namely that ugly looking set of everyday outifts with an apron...I can't imagine justifying putting it in a real everyday outfit when to me it just screams "Work Uniform". None the less...there are some new ugly clothes  ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about those. Actually I was kind of hoping they were a dream. You're right, they are ugly.

Offline Seren

• Nooboo
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2010, 03:33:54 PM »
When this happens just click on your shower and there is an action called "Extinguish yourself" or something like that, this action cancels the panic behaviour right away and your sim runs to the shower.

Thank you!  I was a little worried about retrying the Career again in case the same thing happened. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2010, 03:47:01 PM »
I hope I can post my first impression tomorrow.  :) If that postman brings me my game of course!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »
Still haven't played a lot yet, but I do have one thing I don't like. Actually this changed with the latest update I installed a few hours before I got Ambitions but I'm assuming if you didn't install the update but added Ambitions it would still change.
Anyway, a few people have mentioned the redesign of the notices.. I do and don't like it. I like how it doesn't keep dropping down and filling up the right hand side of the screen, but what I really dislike is the fact that the older notices stay on top and you have to scroll through them or delete them to read the newer ones. I've missed a few things because the notice was buried under something else. Maybe I'm missing something that controls how they are displayed, please tell me if you know how I can change this.

There is also a sound that bugs me at 6am each morning. Originally I thought it was the recycle bin being emptied but it happens every morning and the bin certainly doesn't empty every day. I can't find anything else happening around that time.

Norma

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

anything