Author Topic: Ambitions: First Impressions  (Read 160077 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Ambitions: First Impressions
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »
If you have a solar panel somewhere on the lot, it comes on at 6am and goes off at 6pm, it scares the tar out of me sometimes.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2010, 11:00:52 PM »
arhh that would be it. I have solar panels on the roof. Hadn't noticed a sound in the evening but the morning one was bugging me mainly because I didn't know what was happening. Thank you

edit. I just heard the turn off sound. Don't know how I missed it before lol
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

enigma1717

« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »
Still haven't played a lot yet, but I do have one thing I don't like. Actually this changed with the latest update I installed a few hours before I got Ambitions but I'm assuming if you didn't install the update but added Ambitions it would still change.
Anyway, a few people have mentioned the redesign of the notices.. I do and don't like it. I like how it doesn't keep dropping down and filling up the right hand side of the screen, but what I really dislike is the fact that the older notices stay on top and you have to scroll through them or delete them to read the newer ones. I've missed a few things because the notice was buried under something else. Maybe I'm missing something that controls how they are displayed, please tell me if you know how I can change this.

I'm not sure if there is a way to change it, I wish there was because this annoys me as well. The old system the noticed disappeared on their own rather quickly. With this system, I can have days old notices hiding on some pile, like for example I missed a party being held in my honor at Town Hall! And the notice was there for awhile hidden in the pile. I don't like having to stop whatever I'm doing to close them. Especially when there is a good chance I got 3-4 notices at the exact same moment, like when the consignment shop calls, or if the ghost hunter just got on the job and there are multiple jobs to do. If the notices faded and had better stacking, it be great. As of right now, it feels very "beta-y", like they didn't look at it in a practical manner.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2010, 06:39:53 AM »
My Copy Just Arrived!  ;D See you in a few days!

I was joking!  ;D

Anyway -

I do not like Twinbrook if I am honest, don't know why I just don't. lol. I love the Inventing Skill and have already maxed it  ;D I made a miner, and mined in the Graveyard, no bones surprisingly, just Stonehenge... I made a time machine, well two because I realised after the 2nd one they come in the family inventory! He went back into the past and went to help cowboys, then went to the future and did future stuff, then went to the past again and came back with a Daughter...  :D I love this game, now to bring back the Character Family!  ;)

Overall fab!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #109 on: June 05, 2010, 11:14:00 AM »
My Copy Just Arrived!  ;D See you in a few days!

I was joking!  ;D

Anyway -

I do not like Twinbrook if I am honest, don't know why I just don't. lol. I love the Inventing Skill and have already maxed it  ;D I made a miner, and mined in the Graveyard, no bones surprisingly, just Stonehenge... I made a time machine,w ell two because I realised after the 2nd one they come in the family inventory! He went back into the past and went to help cowboys, then went to the future and did future stuff, then went to the past again and came back with a Daughter...  :D I love this game, now to bring back the Character Family!  ;)

Overall fab!

Lovely! I really like that time machine. Too bad you can't create paradoxes with it. Somewhere I've read you can change your past so your sim can come back different, or dead.
Now you are just a time traveler as hobbyist, have you already encountered something like that?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2010, 11:32:29 AM »
Encounter a paradox? The only thing that had changed for that sim was a Daughter.

In my Legacy, the Generation 3 Heir and Wife are still alive, at around 100 days old. Well the heir had 40,000 LTHP so I bought the Best Friend LTR and we now have a robot called Marta who is taking on inventing for the family, I want that drill and Time Machine!  :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2010, 04:40:19 PM »
I found another glitch, but it has only happened in one household in Twinbrook.  It is the Drudge family in my game and they live way out in the swamp.  I clicked on the female sim to clean up and it clicked over to the other sim, then I would click on the other sim and would click back to the other one.  I also would click on the pile of laundry for someone to clean up and it would jump across the screen.  Said to heck with it and went to another house and it was fine.  I am staying away from that house, lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2010, 03:20:51 AM »
So was it the Glitch that made you leave or the last name of Drudge in a Swamp?  :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2010, 03:23:44 AM »
Lol, it was the glitch, but if I had kept playing, that last name would have been changed.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2010, 07:01:04 PM »
I am loving Ambitions so far! Had my first ever error 12 with the Sims since I installed it, lost about an hour of play - the options offered in technical help on this forum whilst helpful, sadly didn't work for me on this occasion. No point crying over spilt milk.
From my family of blue people I've decided to make two self employed - one an Artist which Lucille has maxed out (in all fairness she was level 10 painting already) and her son Kurt is a Writer and that's working out well for him. My house is full - Lucille and Rafael are Elders; Kurt is YA and has two twin toddler daughters, Ruby and Emerald (I love the new toddler hairstyle with the pigtails!), and Daisy his sister is a YA married to Sam Sekemoto and they've recently had a little girl, Ella who is still a baby. Daisy is in the rabbithole Medical profession (I'm not sure whether switching to the Ambitions Doctor profession would fulfil her LTW which is reach level 10 in the Medical career?) so Sam is my Ambitions profession guinea pig.
He's a ghostbuster.
It's amazing.
He's building up his logic skill in between ghostbusting at the moment he's around level 4 or 5.
Grr Argh!

Offline Simbacat

• Townie
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
If you buy a trampoline, random sims will come use it, whether you know them or not. I had Bob Newbie jumping on my trampoline most of the night and my sims don't know him. It's a good way to make friends.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2010, 01:51:30 AM »
Had my first ever error 12 with the Sims since I installed it, lost about an hour of play - the options offered in technical help on this forum whilst helpful, sadly didn't work for me on this occasion. No point crying over spilt milk.

I don't want to pull this off topic, so just a quick note to you, Sarah. Unfortunately, there's really no solution for the error code 12 and the others. EA's responses haven't been very helpful either. They seem to come more often on older files. Best thing is to save often and be prepared to lose some gameplay when the error code crashes come along.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2010, 01:09:51 PM »
My sim lives across the street from the Racket family. Wow, that's either a huge family, or else the entire town is in The Racket, so to speak. With 20 people going in and out of that house day and night, my trampoline gets a lot of use from the neighbors. The only thing I'm not sure of is how safe my home is, living so close to that family!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Leto85

« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2010, 01:13:23 PM »
My sim lives across the street from the Racket family. Wow, that's either a huge family, or else the entire town is in The Racket, so to speak. With 20 people going in and out of that house day and night, my trampoline gets a lot of use from the neighbors. The only thing I'm not sure of is how safe my home is, living so close to that family!

Hahaha, you should get paid by your neighbours for using your trampoline. That's it: open your personal amusement park in your backyard! :D

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2010, 01:16:38 PM »
Had my first ever error 12 with the Sims since I installed it, lost about an hour of play - the options offered in technical help on this forum whilst helpful, sadly didn't work for me on this occasion. No point crying over spilt milk.

I don't want to pull this off topic, so just a quick note to you, Sarah. Unfortunately, there's really no solution for the error code 12 and the others. EA's responses haven't been very helpful either. They seem to come more often on older files. Best thing is to save often and be prepared to lose some gameplay when the error code crashes come along.

In all honesty for it to only happen to me once I think very fortunate; especially when I read how it's affected other players who've posted in the technical help thread so I'm not going to gripe about it. Saving often is a much better idea anyway, because you never know if there'll be a power cut heading your way and we're due a few storms as well which won't help.

On topic again:

I think that the next profession I'm going to try out will be either the architect or stylist ones, but I'm probably going to wait until my family's house has fewer Sims in it since it's a tad on the crowded side at the moment.
I'm also really enjoying mucking about with the tattoos for my Sims, I like the flowery ones they look really pretty on full opacity, and since my family have blue skin they also look like they're tribal markings rather than tattoos! lol (Since most of my Sims tattoos are blue  to match their skin colour)
Grr Argh!

anything