Author Topic: Ambitions: First Impressions  (Read 161526 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Ambitions: First Impressions
« Reply #135 on: June 09, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
My sims backside caught on fire too, thought I would never stop laughing.  I had just read to send them to the shower and when I cancelled the fire out so he could run to the shower, his did not go out.  At least I had just read that or probably would have lost him.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Leto85

« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2010, 05:46:17 PM »
Quote from: Leto85
You should make a movie with your blue sims. It would be funny though, with the right music. 'I'm blue, dabadedabadaa...'

lol I'm not making blue movies! But that song is now stuck in my head :P I may write up the story of the family though, except I've taken hardly any photos.

Hehe, sorry for that. :P It was one of my fav songs on highschool, back in 1999.
Wow, 1999! One year before The Sims 1 release date. That there was actually a time that I could live without it...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2010, 05:55:18 PM »
My sims backside caught on fire too, thought I would never stop laughing.  I had just read to send them to the shower and when I cancelled the fire out so he could run to the shower, his did not go out.  At least I had just read that or probably would have lost him.

Maybe my Sim just got lucky? But his backside was definitely on fire; I started laughing then I though "oh snork*, better try and put him out in case he burns to death" And cancelling the moodlet worked in that particular instance.

* snork is a made up word, not some random, obscure offical OED word :)
Grr Argh!

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:45 PM »
I planned for my sim to invent outdoors, so I replaced the downstairs laundry room with a larger bathroom to accommodate a shower, specifically so my inventor sim could put out his fire asap.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2010, 08:52:12 PM »
I think I'll stick a shower in the inventing room. Better safe than sorry.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2010, 09:12:33 PM »
Has anyone found a free deathflower in Twinbrook?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »
I have not actively looked for one yet, but you might try at the graveyard.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Taxingwoman

« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2010, 12:07:03 AM »
I like it so far but don't understand why I would want a laundry room? I hate doing laundry in real life, so why would I want to do it in the Sims?

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2010, 02:00:19 AM »
I have not actively looked for one yet, but you might try at the graveyard.
Yeah, looked there.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2010, 02:04:33 AM »
I like it so far but don't understand why I would want a laundry room? I hate doing laundry in real life, so why would I want to do it in the Sims?

If there's no washer or dryer, no laundry will accumulate. My Sim has a cheap house with no laundry equipment and it's just like it was before Ambitions. No piles of laundry when she changes clothes.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #145 on: June 10, 2010, 02:32:54 AM »
Quote from: ik
I have tried a pre-built stylist/hobby inventor in Twinbrook until he set himself on fire sculpting a metal statue and crumpled into a pile of ashes before I knew how to help him. I was surprised to see that the fire alarm did not go off when his burning backside was hopping around directly under it, and i found that you can not put out the fire by jumping in the bathtub (needless to say that he did not have a shower).
I don't know whether you play with testingcheats on, but whilst inventing one of my Sims set himself on fire and he was a fair old run from the nearest bathroom so I just cancelled the 'on fire' negative moodlet from his moodlets and it put out the fire. Someone else posted much earlier in the thread that their Sim died from fire through inventing, and initially I assumed it must have been a large fire (didn't have Ambitions at the time) but my Sim was on fire the way you described, with his backside burning and him freaking out. So I guess I saved him by simply cancelling the moodlet?
Thanks for the info, but I do not play with thestingcheats on. I guess i am weird that way, but I have always prefered to play sims (and most other games) without cheats and make do with whatever options the game offers me. My current strategy against backside on fire is to load up all inventing and metal-sculpting sims with showers in a can. That way they can quickly put themselves out whenever they catch fire (a regular occurrence for my inventor it seems ;D ).
I am fairly sure that you did save your sim when you canceled out the moodlet. My first inventor still had his bars (energy, hunger, ...) at least half full when he died from the fire. It seems strange to me that he died even before the fire drained any of his bars to zero, so maybe there is another bug involved in that area, too.

Offline ik

• Townie
« Reply #146 on: June 10, 2010, 02:34:24 AM »
You (or rather, your sims) get some nice positive moodlets from having fresh clothes, so if your sims generally are in a bad mood laundry is an easy way to improve the mood.

Leto85

« Reply #147 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:15 AM »
O, I do love doing laundry!
Ingame I have to tell quickly, before my mom sees this post. :P It brings a real more realistic aspect to the game and therefore I see it as a great breakthrow and revolutionary tryout of EA.
I think they are planning on something big in another update or another expansion and are therefore investigating how people will respond to the newly introduced laundry system.

What will be next? Vacuuming? I'm surreptitiously hoping.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: June 10, 2010, 05:21:04 AM »
Has anyone found a free deathflower in Twinbrook?
I have not found it, nor have I found the omni plant at the Science facility.
However, all these plants are in the buyDebug menu, so you can just place them out yourself with Edit Town when you start the game.

My first impression of Ambitions is a positive one: I made a girl that moved into Twinbrook and made her immediately start inventing. Meanwhile, I also let her study gardening and in short time, she had built her first Simbot. I made that Simbot evil, klepto etc. after I on purpose gave him a blackout after playing with the sprinkler. Later, he will kill the girl and start churning out robots into the neighbourhood as the new people of the world. So yeah, it's cool. :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: June 10, 2010, 07:20:34 AM »
However, all these plants are in the buyDebug menu, so you can just place them out yourself with Edit Town when you start the game.

There are plenty of players who want to play the game as it's meant to be played.  It's a hassle to create the game through Buydebug when those things should already be in town somewhere.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything