Author Topic: Downloading Lots  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Downloading Lots
« on: August 22, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »
I recently went on a downloading spree, but the lots and houses did not appear in the lots and houses bin. I had the patterns and sims (have yet to check clothing and furnishings) Is there a different procedure to downloading lots and houses? I was using a windows 7 and when I clicked on the download link there was a pop up and it asked me how I wanted to download it, so I chose through the launcher, then it was checked for viruses and downloaded. When I restarted the launcher, I only got pop ups for a couple of the downloads, but most of the others were there too. Note: this was the first time I've ever downloaded anything. Can you remark on why my lots didn't show up?

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Downloading Lots
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »
Hi Swirl-Girl,

Are you trying to figure out how download and install something from the Swap Shop, or something else.  I wrote up a How-To earlier today, but haven't posted it. As I wasn't sure what you were having problems with. If you can maybe explain in better detail?

Like did you download the files okay, but the files aren't showing up in your downloads folder? Or maybe it's that they're showing in the downloads folder, but aren't showing in the actual game?

I'd like to help, but I'm just unsure as to what the problem is.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: Downloading Lots
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »
I downloaded the houses, but I don't believe they are in my downloads folder, I will check, I went through the same routine as the patterns and sims and they showed up, but the houses aren't showing in game. Mrs.Flynn, please post the how-to, I'm sure I did something wrong. Will check my downloads folder soon.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"