Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240874 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)
« on: September 05, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
This thread is not for questions.   All questions need to be done at the official Immortal Dynasty thread.

I thought this would be a good place to share hints and tips on completing an immortal dynasty.

How to replicate ambrosia.

Have your level ten chef start the cooking process.Remember the deathfish and life fruit have to be in the fridge in order to do this.Sounds obvious but I really did spend a long time on my first dynasty wondering why my cook couldn't make ambrosia.

Stop the cooking at this point.This is the most important step.

Click on the bowl and then click on replicate. Repeat until the replicators memory is full.A standard replicator holds thirty portions of Ambrosia and an upgraded one holds sixty. If you have a chest you can store the ambrosia once replicated and re stock the replicator. You could also store the ambrosia in the fridge but it is likely that some random mortal will eat it mess up your dynasty.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Completing an immortal dynasty hints and tips.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »
Yay! After I finish my Legacy, I want to do an Immortal Dynasty.  Ambrosia was one of the things I was going to start researching how to make. Thank you!

Edit: how much Ambrosia do you need?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Completing an immortal dynasty hints and tips.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »
I made 180 portions for my Simself dynasty but I don't have any cooks in that family. If you have a cook along with lifefruit and death fish on hand you could make just sixty portions to start of with and add to it later.

Rachel

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
I think the part about having it in the fridge is changed.  I had a chef make Ambrosia with the ingredients in her inventory.

Also, can one use replicated Ambrosia to store more Ambrosia?
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »
I made ambrosia about two weeks ago and was only able to make it once I put the items in the fridge,I am dealing with insane Sims so maybe they are just being akward.

Once you replicate the ambrosia you cannot use it to replicate any more portions. This is because it is replicated as a plate of food and not in the bowl stage.

Rachel

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »
I made ambrosia about two weeks ago and was only able to make it once I put the items in the fridge,I am dealing with insane Sims so maybe they are just being akward.

Once you replicate the ambrosia you cannot use it to replicate any more portions. This is because it is replicated as a plate of food and not in the bowl stage.

Rachel

The sad part was after I read your post, I realized that I knew you had to use the bowl  :(

Any recommended SuperMaxes for founders, or skills to avoid at at all costs?

Fausta Legacy

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »
The instrument skills are some of the hardest because you need 10 opportunities to supermax any of the four.  The trick is to not know any other skill if you're going to try one of those.  And always have a backup just in case.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »
I would reccomend cooking or fishing for a founders supermaxThese are both easily completed.. Gardening can work but is best left for a generation that can travel because it can be difficult to get all the challanges done if you don't travel. Painting could work for a founder but a lot of painting opps require travel and I usally save painting for generation two or three.
I would avoid inventing,handiness,logic and music for founders as those skills do not serve any useful purpose at the begining of a dynasty.

Rachel

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
I would reccomend cooking or fishing for a founders supermaxThese are both easily completed.. Gardening can work but is best left for a generation that can travel because it can be difficult to get all the challanges done if you don't travel. Painting could work for a founder but a lot of painting opps require travel and I usally save painting for generation two or three.
I would avoid inventing,handiness,logic and music for founders as those skills do not serve any useful purpose at the begining of a dynasty.

Rachel

If you have Supernatural, gardening as a supermax is now so much easier because there are 11 new harvestables and you only need 19 to supermax. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 07:06:34 PM »
Wow that will help alot Rica,are these plants available at the grocery store or do you have to go seed hunting to get them?

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 07:13:41 PM »
Nice idea for a thread Rachel.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
A good portion of them are at the store but there are some that have to be looked for.  A lot of times their seeds will say their name instead of unknown so that helps a lot.   Actually some of the ones you can't buy in store are available at the Elixir Shop.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 07:17:44 PM »
Well, then I guess I need to redo the personality of my founder  ;D

What about Charisma?

Fausta Legacy

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:39 PM »
Nice idea for a thread Rachel.
Thanks Metro hopefully this can be a go to resourse for people to go to. Of course anybody is free to add their own hints and tips my thanks to Saltypaws for being the first person to replicate ambrosia.

A good portion of them are at the store but there are some that have to be looked for.  A lot of times their seeds will say their name instead of unknown so that helps a lot.   Actually some of the ones you can't buy in store are available at the Elixir Shop.
That is good. Are any of them special seeds.

Well, then I guess I need to redo the personality of my founder  ;D

What about Charisma?
Charisma is an easy skill to supermax but it can be difficult to stop your other immortals supermaxing it. Charisma is a useful skill for all your immortals to have as they can get to best friend status with just an hello.This can be very useful for the friend requirement.

Rachel

Rachel

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 07:31:52 PM »
Traits. Are there any to avoid (Aside from traits unrelated to either work and Supermax)? 

I haven't done much with sims of different traits, So i don't really know what they all do  :-[

Fausta Legacy

anything