Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243334 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2012, 05:48:59 AM »
Get a Motive Mobile.

Seriously, it maxes motives obscenely fast. I choose a location that's near enough to my Sim's home to warrant the lost time of driving to it, but far enough away to force him to take the car there. He will hop in, and he won't even be 5 meters (or tiles, or whatever the Sim Measurement for distance is) away and he'll have maxed motives. I used to pull my hair out trying to keep everyone happy, but now, thanks to Serrano, everyone is happy almost 100% of the time. I typically deal with them when my Sim's portrait is Yellow, but I tend to notice it only when it's Red. :P

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »
Get a Motive Mobile.

Seriously, it maxes motives obscenely fast. I choose a location that's near enough to my Sim's home to warrant the lost time of driving to it, but far enough away to force him to take the car there. He will hop in, and he won't even be 5 meters (or tiles, or whatever the Sim Measurement for distance is) away and he'll have maxed motives. I used to pull my hair out trying to keep everyone happy, but now, thanks to Serrano, everyone is happy almost 100% of the time. I typically deal with them when my Sim's portrait is Yellow, but I tend to notice it only when it's Red. :P

I micromanage like a boss, so i tend to have maxed motives all the time without stuff like that. My Motive Mobiles tend to disappear.  >:(
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
I micromanage like a boss, so i tend to have maxed motives all the time without stuff like that. My Motive Mobiles tend to disappear.  >:(

I've only really got one person actively working on their requirements (De Arbol, the 3rd Generation, is still a toddler so he can't work on his Writing requirements, and Habenero, the Founder, only needs a friend or two before she eats Ambrosia), so I tend to focus on him most, ignoring the others. :P Serrano's a YA and nowhere near ready to eat Ambrosia.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2012, 08:10:59 PM »
Aggie Crumpie's Motive Mobile is great! I sent her out in it and she was back in an instant sculpting again with full motives. Then I sent everyone else out ... the kid is back painting at 2am, on a school night :)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #199 on: November 19, 2012, 09:56:42 PM »
If you're just looking to have something to eat until you have enough funds, you can hit the gym/fire station and use the quick meals from their fridge, or just go to the park(s) that have harvestable produce, harvest and snack.
That's true, but I've found just eating fruit doesn't keep hunger up very long, maybe it's just me but it doesn't seem like it lasts to long. The fire pit may also help Sims survive if the player has Seasons, since it warms up the Sim just like a fireplace. Something else I forgot to mention is the fire pit provides light for the lot, and it's not to bad on an empty lot.
Edit: I had to redo the comment because I messed up the quote thing.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #200 on: November 19, 2012, 10:20:32 PM »
I just got Seasons and restarted my dynasty. Any tips on how Seasons relates? I know it's new and all.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #201 on: November 19, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »
Fishing is pretty much impossible in winter and some of autumn because the lakes freeze over. Think of that before moving in that elderly fisherman right before winter. Also, you might need a tutor so your kids can keep their grades up. I had Marc quickly learn some logic so Willow could progress in school since her childhood fell in winter.

All I have so far.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #202 on: November 19, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »
I have seasons set to be two weeks long each. I figure if they conceive Gen 2 at the end of autumn, she'll be born, a baby, and toddler in Winter and only have a few child days in Winter and Marc (whom I also have as a painter) can tutor her if she needs it. My angler is just an adult and it's still summer so I'm safe there I think. Anything else?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #203 on: November 20, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »
I have seasons set to be two weeks long each. I figure if they conceive Gen 2 at the end of autumn, she'll be born, a baby, and toddler in Winter and only have a few child days in Winter and Marc (whom I also have as a painter) can tutor her if she needs it. My angler is just an adult and it's still summer so I'm safe there I think. Anything else?

Plants go dormant in winter, but I believe those in planters inside don't, but I don't know for sure so plant special seeds as soon as possible so you can have some life fruit.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #204 on: November 20, 2012, 03:43:30 AM »
Fishing is pretty much impossible in winter and some of autumn because the lakes freeze over. Think of that before moving in that elderly fisherman right before winter. Also, you might need a tutor so your kids can keep their grades up. I had Marc quickly learn some logic so Willow could progress in school since her childhood fell in winter.

All I have so far.

The one time when I wish winter was more like QLD winters and not normal winters.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #205 on: November 21, 2012, 04:15:02 PM »
So, um, I moved Claire Ursine into the house (sunset valley, only EP is supernatural) and I told her to go to the hospital. She came back with a streak of pink as long as the house so, what do I do?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #206 on: November 21, 2012, 05:18:20 PM »
Stop stretching the baby!

Actually, the better place to ask is in the actual challenge thread, so the dynasty deciders can make that choice. You'll also need to add a lot more information, though (such as if the baby shows up on the side or is a green square, or is only in the relationship panel, and/or if resetsim worked or not).

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: November 21, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
So, um, I moved Claire Ursine into the house (sunset valley, only EP is supernatural) and I told her to go to the hospital. She came back with a streak of pink as long as the house so, what do I do?

Do you have pictures of the streak of pink. Do you have mods and or CC?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2012, 08:48:30 PM »
For those who are looking to supermax Inventing, an easy way to manage Diabolic Detonator is to line up a whole bunch of dishwashers side by side to make a long solid surface. Then blow 'em up. Using that in my Life States Dynasty, I blew up 50 dishwashers with 4 detonations (I ran out of space to chain together).

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2012, 02:31:14 AM »
Do you have pictures of the streak of pink. Do you have mods and or CC?

Rachel

Sounds like a Graphics Glitch. I had something like this once with the bathroom sink, Lol. Have you tried save/exit then reload? I think that fixed it for me. Make the save as something else to keep the back-up before this glitch though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

anything