Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261636 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Somehow I wasn't surprised to find Candi's name missing on Julia's Best friends list! *giggle*

They are technically best friends, since Candi was her boss, but Julie chose not to acknowledge this when it printing out her stats. I guess she's not forgotten how Candi treated her in her youth.

I though this behavior would go well with Greta's personality, and she took up partying in earnest. I'm just glad there weren't any clubs for her to go to.

Anna33

Hah, Gretas face in that last picture, was Julia calling her a llama. :) hehe

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
She was. I just posted before I had written it completely, I'll give the full story...

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 172: A visit from the beyond
« Reply #513 on: November 05, 2012, 12:46:14 PM »
Selma: Did any of you read that article about Greta in the paper?
Greta: That was all lies!
Cecilia: Really? Because I know for a fact that at least half of it happened.
Greta: Perry is just angry I wouldn't marry him.
Klara: Greta, this is us, we know all your tricks. You should know by now you can't lie to us about things like this.

Greta: Fine, it's all true. I just went a little crazy when dad died, that's all.
Julia: It's probably partly our fault, we should have kept better watch over you, I was just so depressed when your father passed. Maybe if I hadn't needed the grandmas so much...
Frida: Stop putting blame on yourself. Greta has to take responsibility for her own actions.
Greta: I just wish I could jump on a plane and go away from here. Go to another town and start over, and not have this reputation hanging over my head! I can't even get a clean slate!

Klara: Oh, stop feeling sorry for yourself! A clean slate isn't the answer to your problems anyway.
Greta: It isn't? I thought you were upset about what the paper said?
Elise: Your romantic liaisons are your own business, what we are really upset about is the fact that you haven't made any progress towards your immortality requirements.
Greta: I have been busy, my heart was broken after all.
Julia: Stop sticking your head in the sand like a Llama!
Selma: That's ostriches actually, Llamas spit.
Julia: Who cares? They both have long necks.

Greta: I can't believe you're calling me a Llama!
Julia: When the shoe fits.
Selma: When you act the way you did I would be surprised she didn't call you a Llama.
Frida: So would I.
Greta: You are all ganging up on me! Where's the love? You weren't this mean to me while dad were alive.

Klara: That's because you were a child then, now you are a YA, we expect more of you.
Greta: I hate you right now!
Selma: It's called tough love.
Cecilia: We know you don't really mean it.
Frida: You're actually only making this worse on yourself when you refuse to see the logic of what we are saying.
Elise: Are you by any chance pregnant?
Greta: Why?
Elise: I could forgive a lot of things if I got a nooboo to coo over.
Greta: I'm not sure actually.
Julia: Well, I for one would feel a lot better if you would become a bit more settled before becoming pregnant.
Klara: Weather you are pregnant or not - you have to make some changes! We expect you to have a plan by tomorrow.
Greta: But!
Frida: Stop complaining girl, and do your duty!

I went to my room right after that disturbing discussion. Was I really this immature person my mom and grandmas were portraying? Was I as shallow a character as Perry had painted me in that article? I needed advice, and I needed it now. I missed dad more than ever, he always made me see things clearly and helped me find my best qualities. Without him I had clearly become a person I didn't like very much.

I slept restlessly and woke up around midnight with a nagging feeling that I should go outside. That's when I saw him, dad had come back!

Stuart: There you are princess, I'm disappointed in you.
Greta: Oh, dad! Not you too.
Stuart: Yes me too, you are so much better than this. You know how I always used to tell you that every character trait has a light and a dark side?
Greta: Yes dad.

Stuart: Well, you have been dwelling on your dark side for too long. Instead of letting your dramatic trait lead you into a downward spiral you could channel all that passion into achieving your goals. You could make your inner diva shine by reaching the top of your career and let the world know how truly fabulous you are. And your flirty trait has the potential to give you the kind of love I shared and still share with your mother. All you need is to listen to your inner voice, if you feel you should punish yourself, do it by raising your athletic skill until you are exhausted. You are braver than you know. Trust in yourself and your feelings and everything could still be saved. Can you do that for me? Believe in yourself again?

Greta: For you dad, anything!
Stuart: How about a game before I have to go back to the other side?
Greta: Sure, why not.
Stuart: And the winner is me!
Greta: You've gotten better.
Stuart: Of course I have, there really isn't much for us to do but wait around anyway and your great-great- however many greatgrandfather VJ is crazy about this game. I've had a lot of practice.

Dad's visit had given me new energy and motivation. I felt like a new person, as I got up at the break of dawn to go to the military base. I had done it, I had joined the army. I was determined to show the busy bodies in Sunset Valley that I knew what service and honor meant. No matter what Perry wrote in the paper.

Mom and the grandmas were happy, so happy that they decided to throw me a party. I could actually have done without one, I've had all I could stomach of parties lately. At least they weren't serving any drinks.

Candi came, actually mom insisted, she was so happy Candi had finally became an elder.

The party was well attended, Perry showed up to gloat. And everyone brought food, maybe they thought it was a wake?

Oh wait, who's that?

It's Cary, and he's all grown up! Wearing camouflage swim trunks and looking fit. Is this what love feels like?

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
I found myself a bit teary-eyed with Stuart's passing. Poor Julia. Poor Greta! Her reactions felt so very real.

Greta is so very different from the other immortals, but that is what makes her interesting! Fantastic couple of chapters! I hope that she can finally have the true love that she needs, even if she cannot marry him.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 172: A visit from the beyond
« Reply #515 on: November 05, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »
Yaaay, I hope she isn't pregnant already; Caryboos!  ;D
I hope Greta can re-sort her life all the way back into proper order, and recover from that article.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 173: A shared commitment
« Reply #516 on: November 05, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »
Seeing Cary felt strange and wonderful. It made me feel like a teenager again but this time it was all nerves and no hormones running through my body. I hesitated to contact him, I mean, would he even be interested in seeing me after all the things I'd done?

But I just couldn't help myself. I called him up and asked him to come over after I got home from work. I was surprised and happy when he agreed right away. And once I saw him again there wasn't a doubt in my mind that what I felt for him was more than a teenage crush, and I hadn't had a drink in several days so I knew my mind was clear.

I knew how I felt, the question was, how did he feel?

I guess this picture is rather self explanatory. Cary wasn't the least bit put of by my kiss, in fact he responded with one of his own.

Greta: I'm so happy you decided to come.
Cary: I'm happy you asked me.
Greta: We...I have done...what what you read in the pa....
Cary: I don't care!
Greta: But I've done some horrible things, and I've hurt a lot of people. Most wont even acknowledged me when they see me on the street anymore.
Cary: But I don't care about that, I only care about what we have. You've never lied to me or tried to make me believe you were something you are not. I can respect that. And if we agree to treat each other with that kind of respect I can overlook some of your more unfortunate qualities.

Greta: Such as?
Cary: Such as your insistence that you'll never marry me for example.
Greta: I...I just don't think I'm the right girl for that big a commitment.
Cary: So don't think. Let me worry about that, and you can focus on what we have right here and now.

Greta: You're such a sweet talker.

Greta: I might not feel ready for marriage, but there is another kind of commitment that I might consider...
Cary: Tell me more.
Greta: A shared commitment.

Spending the night relaxing in the hot tub with Cary felt wonderful. And eating breakfast with him the next morning was even better. Maybe this commitment thing could work, even if marriage wasn't involved. Maybe dad was right. Maybe I had the chance to get the same kind of love my parents had together.

When he had to go home because of work I made up my mind. I didn't like him leaving at all! He might not be allowed to move in, but there was nothing in the rules about sleepovers, permanent sleepovers. I'd just breach the subject when he got home from work and came over again.

With renewed vigor I threw myself at the treadmill, I suddenly had an endless supply of energy.

Until this happened. Best keep it a secret for now, but I think we all know what it means. And this time I do know who the father would be. I'll be interested to hear what he feels about my version of a shared commitment.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #517 on: November 05, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »
Yaaay, I hope she isn't pregnant already; Caryboos!  ;D
I hope Greta can re-sort her life all the way back into proper order, and recover from that article.

Once Cary got his claws in Greta she didn't really care all that much for other sims. I kept her trying to form another attachment, since Cary was so much younger and I wanted to get her pregnant asap, but she had a meltdown instead.

Now Cary is all grown up an she's popping wedding wished left and right. Poor girl.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #518 on: November 05, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
Once Cary got his claws in Greta she didn't really care all that much for other sims. I kept her trying to form another attachment, since Cary was so much younger and I wanted to get her pregnant asap, but she had a meltdown instead.

Now Cary is all grown up an she's popping wedding wished left and right. Poor girl.

Yessss, Caryboos!
It's so cute that he doesn't care about what's happened.  :)
She could at least get engaged even if she doesn't actually marry him...although with the wedding bug she could get married haha.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #519 on: November 05, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »
She could at least get engaged even if she doesn't actually marry him...although with the wedding bug she could get married haha.

I was thinking about that too. Haha, but I didn't want to do anything that would mess up the game more than it already is.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #520 on: November 05, 2012, 03:59:34 PM »
I was thinking about that too. Haha, but I didn't want to do anything that would mess up the game more than it already is.

At least let her get engaged, you know?

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 167: Welcome to your party
« Reply #522 on: November 05, 2012, 07:10:45 PM »
Poor Greta! I'm glad she's finally figuring herself out. It's like watching a soap opera (and I mean that in the best way possible  :) ).

I don't have anything planned at the moment. Writing as I play has been fun, but at the same time it has also been less fun than just playing - I hope you understand what I mean. Also, I'll be moving in about two weeks so I will be super busy for a while. Right now all my focus is on getting the dynasty done before that. And before I install seasons, since I don't think the game file can take any more changes now. It's buggy as it is, and the latest patch really messed it up, even if it still runs (knock on wood).

Thanks for all the encouragement, and the comments, they help me get on with the writing when I feel kind of blocked.

I completely understand, and you definitely deserve a break after all your hard work  :). But two weeks! I have to prepare for Aurora withdrawals in only two weeks?

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #523 on: November 05, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
Poor Greta! I'm glad she's finally figuring herself out. It's like watching a soap opera (and I mean that in the best way possible  :) ).

I completely understand, and you definitely deserve a break after all your hard work  :). But two weeks! I have to prepare for Aurora withdrawals in only two weeks?

Just means you'll have to find another awesome dynasty to read haha.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #524 on: November 05, 2012, 07:47:56 PM »

I don't know if I'll be done with the writing by then, but I plan on having completed the game file.