Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 263578 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Museum exhibits and score
« Reply #705 on: January 07, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »
Congratulations, saltpastillen!  And to you and the Aurora team - well done, all!  :)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #706 on: January 07, 2013, 11:51:24 AM »
Man, I go to sleep and you finish the dynasty. Well done. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #707 on: January 07, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »
*mouth drops open* That dynasty was just awesome and I'm so glad that I've been reading from the very beginning. I've loved every moment, well done!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #708 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »
Congrats! I'm so happy for you and the lovely Aurora ladies.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #709 on: January 07, 2013, 03:31:38 PM »
Congratulations! I know you've literally only just finished the dynasty, but could you put the house on the swap shop? I would LOVE to relive the Aurora Immoryal Dynasty! Do you have any oth dynasty plans?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Anna33

« Reply #710 on: January 07, 2013, 03:32:56 PM »
Congratulations, on a great story. :)

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #711 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »
Congratulations! Wow, I can't believe it's over! I am looking forward to seeing their new adventures!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #712 on: January 07, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »
Congratulations on a most enjoyable dynasty.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #713 on: January 07, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »
Congratulations and well done! This was a most enjoyable dynasty to read. These ladies and their adventures have been amazing. You had me hooked from the beginning with your rather unconventional dynasty spouse!

<claps hands>

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #714 on: January 07, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
Amazing! I can't believe it's all happened . . . wasn't it only yesterday that Klara was freaking out giving birth to Selma? I must say, Klara has always been my favorite Immortal, and I'm so glad she succeeded! Well, I suppose the Watcher deserves a little credit.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

SimBlip

« Reply #715 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:54 PM »
Congratulations, Salty!!!
Your story was riveting. So much craziness, and so much deep down goodness and soul!
Your score just blows me away TOO!
Most of your paintings and photographs aren't even in the biggest size. The Aurora's are amazing at art!
Well done, dear friend, can't wait to see what they will all be up to next.  ;D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #716 on: January 07, 2013, 11:44:50 PM »
It's so exciting that you're done!  Will there be epilogue chapters detailing the girls' future?

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #717 on: January 08, 2013, 02:43:56 AM »
When I clicked on "Recent Unread Topics" and randomly noticed this was in the "Completed Dynasty Stories" category I got very excited - while I'm bummed for myself because it's over, I do want to say congratulations, as well as thank you for a very entertaining story. :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #718 on: January 08, 2013, 04:59:34 AM »
Thank you everyone! I'm trilled to have finished.

Congratulations! I know you've literally only just finished the dynasty, but could you put the house on the swap shop? I would LOVE to relive the Aurora Immoryal Dynasty! Do you have any oth dynasty plans?

I'll try to get the house in the swap shop as soon as possible, I just need to change the patterns from cc to regular. And delete the museum and tweak a few things...

I think I'll hold of on starting another dynasty for a while. I want to do the epilogues for the ladies and maybe try a Random Townjump Project before I start more madness. Besides the challenges are up, and I'm going to try to get at least 3 done this season (I only had time for two last year).

You had me hooked from the beginning with your rather unconventional dynasty spouse!

Why more people don't use VJ has me stumped. He has great genetics, and even without changing his traits he's all right.

Amazing! I can't believe it's all happened . . . wasn't it only yesterday that Klara was freaking out giving birth to Selma? I must say, Klara has always been my favorite Immortal, and I'm so glad she succeeded!

I do have a soft spot for Klara as well, I didn't have a dynasty in mind when I was creating her in CAS, but she kind of demanded it. She's been an immortal for so long, it's going to be interesting to see how she lets loose once she's out from underneath my thumb.

Congratulations, Salty!!!
Your story was riveting. So much craziness, and so much deep down goodness and soul!
Your score just blows me away TOO!
Most of your paintings and photographs aren't even in the biggest size. The Aurora's are amazing at art!
Well done, dear friend, can't wait to see what they will all be up to next.  ;D

Thanks, SimBlip!

I'm kind of surprised about my score as well, I didn't really try going for a high score. I know I could have done better if I used the MO exploit on the sculptures, held out for masterpieces for the paintings and went with panorama pictures. Instead I was more interested in the pictures looking nice then them having a high value. More than a few of them weren't worth more than around 50 simoleons when I put them in the museum, if it weren't for a fact than most of them were taken by spouses and a death bonus was added I don't think I could have reached the score I did.

Honestly, I felt nervous enough about attempting a dynasty in the first place, so trying to go for a high score just wasn't an option for me. I know how to do it theoretically, but I enjoyed my more relaxed playing style. Besides, it gave me more time to focus on the story, which what made me want to attempt a dynasty in the first place.

It's so exciting that you're done!  Will there be epilogue chapters detailing the girls' future?

There will be a series of epilogues dealing with their future hi jinks. I've had some requests to put the ladies in the swap shop, and they will go there, as soon as I've finished their part of the tale.

Offline jd163503

• Nooboo
  • And I'll have you know that tacos are healthy...
« Reply #719 on: January 08, 2013, 04:53:48 PM »
...Best dynasty ever!!

anything