Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261431 times)

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 173: A shared commitment
« Reply #525 on: November 05, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »
Great plot with lovely twists and turns!  :D
It was mean and heartless of Perry to sell Greta's story to the newspapers. But so much good has come from it!
Cary seems a sweet person with a lot of common sense. I hope he'll want to support Greta and her nooboo... whether it is his own or not. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 167: Welcome to your party
« Reply #526 on: November 05, 2012, 10:15:14 PM »
Just means you'll have to find another awesome dynasty to read haha.

Is that a hint, ladyaya?  ;) I'll have to start reading your Grey Dynasty some time.

I don't know if I'll be done with the writing by then, but I plan on having completed the game file.

Fair enough, and good luck with both tasks.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 167: Welcome to your party
« Reply #527 on: November 05, 2012, 11:29:35 PM »
Is that a hint, ladyaya?  ;) I'll have to start reading your Grey Dynasty some time.

Fair enough, and good luck with both tasks.  :)

It's only a hint if you want it to be a hint.  ;D

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 173: A shared commitment
« Reply #528 on: November 06, 2012, 02:45:13 AM »
I've had a burning question about your dynasty since the beginning. Where do you get all those great patterns? Especially the bottle one in the kitchen!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 174: In a nooboo state of mind
« Reply #529 on: November 06, 2012, 07:46:34 AM »
I spent the rest of the day outside working on upgrading a stereo. Cary was still at work, but I would call him over as soon as I was sure of my suspicions.

Later that night I got the confirmation I needed. We had made a nooboo. Generation eight was on its' way, and I just knew my baby would make us all proud.

Greta: Thanks for coming over so fast.
Cary: No problem, wait - why are you dressed that way?
Greta: Because we're having a nooboo!

Cary: No! You're sure?
Greta: This isn't something I would joke about. I'm sure.
Cary: You have no idea how happy that makes me.

Greta: Why don't you show me?

Cary: I only wish I could stay here with you two all the time.
Greta: Me too.
Cary: So, how about that thing called marr...
Greta: Cary, please, you promised!
Cary: *sigh* A man can hope, can't he?
Greta: I love you. And we are having a child together, how much more commitment can you ask for? Marriage is just a formality, what we feel in our hearts - that's what's more important.
Cary: I love you too.
Greta: Then prove it.
Cary: How?
Greta: You know how, tell me how fabulous I am.

My pregnancy was easy. I couldn't go to work at the military base, so I worked on unique upgrades. My thoughts never strayed far from the life growing withing me. I even dreamed of the day I would hold my child in my arms.

I got an opportunity to repair my boss stereo, and even if I pulled it off, my thoughts were mostly on the coming days.

I was so focused on what was to come that I became a little distracted. Turns out distraction and electrical equipment are a bad combination. I just hope my little nooboo will be all right.

I also had my YA museum exhibit completed. See, I'm working my way through those requirements now.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 175: Beata makes an entrance
« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2012, 09:24:37 AM »
The days of my pregnancy seemed to just swish past. I spent a great deal of time with mom and the grandmas, reconnecting after our estrangement following dads passing. We were all watching one of the movies on the Romantic Rendevous network when I suddenly went into labor.

Greta: You guys, I feel kind of strange.
Selma: I guess the nooboo's coming.
Klara/Elise/Frida: The nooboo's coming right now!

Klara: I can't take it. The pain, oh, the pain!
Selma: Mom, you're not the one giving birth here.
Klara: I'm having a flashback, childbirth was very traumatic to me. You should know, you were there - DEVIL CHILD!

Elise: The nooboo's coming and Julia is not here! We have to get her, she will be destroyed if she misses seeing her grandchild enter this world.
Greta: Grandma E, I'm sure mom will be fine.
Elise: It will break her heart to miss this. A new nooboo in the family and she isn't present? It can not be!
Greta: I'm sure that...
Cecilia: Don't worry about your mom Greta, we'll take care of her.

Frida: *bangs on door* Get out here, Greta is having the nooboo!
Julia: I'm to young to become a grandma! I can't take this right now. I'm to young I tell you!
Frida: Open this door of I'll call someone to come over and kick it down. You will be present for this! Stop feeling sorry for yourself.
Julia: I'm to young I tell you. I can't become a grandma yet, I'm not even 120 days!

Greta: Is it always this crazy when someone is having a nooboo?
Cecilia: Only if you stay in the same room as them. If you don't want to listen to this madness, I suggest you go somewhere quite, the nursery perhaps?
Greta: Great idea, please distract them?
Selma: Don't worry, Cecilia and I will take care of the rest of them. You just focus on yourself.

You know I love drama and being the center of attention, but being in labor was intense enough itself, so I gratefully slipped away. Just getting a door between the madness and myself made me feel more capable of handling the pain.

The pain was intense, but I could deal with it and worse if I was forced to. I wasn't afraid of what was coming, I was only thinking of holding my nooboo in my arms.

Once there was a break in the labor pains I noticed some things, seems like the grandmas had been busy decorating the nursery when I wasn't looking. I hoped the nooboo would like pink because there was a lot of it.

Then a strange feeling began...

...the sparkles had arrived...

...and they gave me a beautiful girl!

Her name is Beata. She's friendly and easily impressed. And, she loves hot pink! Is someone in the family clairvoyant?

Grandma C had kept her promise to distract the grandmas. She did it her favorite way, with an impromptu concert.

I hurried to present Beata to the rest of the family. We put her in the swing and she immediately went to sleep. The rest of us? Well, we partied all night long. The eight immortal is born only once after all. This warranted a celebration.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 175: Beata makes an entrance
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2012, 10:44:55 AM »
Generation Eight! Way to go saltpastillen!
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #532 on: November 06, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »
Good job getting this far! It's a little sad to think this will be the last nooboo born to the Auroras . . .
Congratulations!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #534 on: November 06, 2012, 11:00:15 AM »
Thanks you guys, it's both exciting and kind of sad. I don't think I believed I'd get this far when I started, but now I'm almost done. Time flies.

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #535 on: November 06, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »
Congrats on Generation eight and it being a Caryboo~ haha

SimBlip

« Reply #536 on: November 06, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
Congratulations on The Eight Heiress!
I'm still confused over the father. But it doesn't really matter.
Welcome, little Beata! :)

Offline ladyaya

• Watcher
« Reply #537 on: November 06, 2012, 07:16:21 PM »
Congratulations on The Eight Heiress!
I'm still confused over the father. But it doesn't really matter.
Welcome, little Beata! :

Cary's the father, the fact that she was nauseous the morning after she was with the mixologist is a coincidence from a drink that she had; there was too much time between then and Beata being born. Plus, Greta even tells Cary they're having a nooboo.

Louise56

« Reply #538 on: November 07, 2012, 03:42:28 AM »
Congrats on generation eight! That is just awesome. ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 176: Say hello to your little daughter
« Reply #539 on: November 07, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »
I was contacted by one of my co-workers and asked to fix his laptop. Completing an Op and getting a relationship increase with my him at the same time, that's what multitasking is all about. Multitasker is also my third unique LTR, so now I have all of those as well.

The grandmas are constantly trying to watch Beata in her swing, but she falls asleep every time they come near her. It's almost so we wonder if she has a constant sleeper trait. Grandma K says she's never seen a nooboo sleep that much, and she's seen the most nooboos out of all of us.

I went to deliver the laptop, and to my surprise we met up outside the Police Station. What is it with people asking me to meet up, and their fascination with the Police Station?

Are they scared of me? I'm not going to take advantage of them, not any more anyway. I might blind them with my fabulousness but that will probably happen wherever we meet. And the police isn't going to arrest me for being who I am. No matter what Perry might wish.

That evening I asked Cary over. I wanted to introduce him to our daughter.

Greta: Hi honey. This is Beata.
Cary: Oh, she's precious.

Greta: She sleeps most of the time, but once she's older you're going to have to stay here more to help keep her out of trouble. I'm afraid the grandmas will corrupt her otherwise.

Cary: I'll come over as much as you want. I don't want to miss anything. I can't wait till she's old enough for the two of us to do things together.
Greta: I'm so happy you feel that way.
Cary: And I'm so happy you've given me this gift.

Greta: Are you really happy?
Cary: Yes, I love you and our daughter, of course I'm happy.

Greta: Because, I was thinking that...well...that now that we have a child together we should make this official. Tha's to say... if you want us to be partners, I'd very much love to be...

Greta:...to be your girlfriend.
Cary: Of course I want you to be my girlfriend! I might wish for more, but I'll take this for now.
Greta: I don't want to lead you on Cary, the fact is that I can never marry. But if I could, I would marry you.
Cary: Knowing you feel the same way I do is enough. And we have a beautiful daughter to raise together, we'll be married in everything but name.
Greta: I'm so happy you understand me!

Cary stayed the night. And the following couple of nights as well. We were happy together, and Beata was an easy child. She mostly slept after all. Any drama created around her was no fault of her own.

Like when mom and grandma E almost came to blows over who's turn it was to give her her morning bottle...

Cary spent most of his time hanging out in his camouflage swim trunks. I was all for that, because hello! Free eye candy!

I needed something to motivate me to finish my upgrades faster anyway. Because they were staring to become boring. So I set up rules like "I can't kiss Cary until I'm at least halfway thought the next upgrade" or ""no peeking until I've figured out what I can do with this piece of equipment". It was hard to discipline myself, but it was worth it.

Because in no time at all I had become a tinkerer and my handiness skill was SuperMaxed. And I had Cary to thank for it.

While all this was going on Beata did what she did best. She snoozed in the swing or the crib.

She slept so much that most of the grandmas gave up on trying to catch her on the rare moments she was awake. Grandma E did not, she has an almost obsessive love for nooboos, so Beata was always well cared for. I think grandma E feels a little proprietary towards Beata, since they shared the friendly trait. I certainly can't remember her being as interested in me when I was little.

Having SuperMaxed handiness left me with a lot of time to work out, because now I needed to reach the top of the military career, and for that I needed to be really fit. Besides, it made me look hot in a swim suit.