Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 263555 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 194: YA party
« Reply #600 on: November 13, 2012, 11:53:40 AM »
The night before my YA birthday I went to bed with a big smile on my face. I slipped into my favorite everyday wear and just lay there in bed feeling content. I had liked being a teen, but becoming a YA was going to be even better, because I could start working on my career in fashion!

I had my party all planned out, and as soon as I jumped off the bus (with my third Op completed - am I good or what?) it was time for cake. Mom, dad and the grandmas were ready to welcome me to life as a grown-up. And for once it was my turn to be the center of attention...

...but not for long. Of course they all had to become all giggly over one of my guests. Really? And they claim I'm the insane one!

And they wonder why I spend so much time talking to myself? Is it any wonder? How else will I get the attention I need?

The sparkles are here.

Wait, is that Carey checking out my bum?

Hm, not bad, I can see why he was looking. But, I really want my old hairstyle back. This hardly says cutting edge fashion, now does it?

Much better!

I gained the charismatic trait to add to social butterfly, insane, easily impressed and friendly.

And now for my audition. A stylist is only as good as her own wardrobe, don't you agree? I need to impress my future clients, and set the tone for what sim fashion will be all about in the future.

everyday wear

formal wear (guess which one is my favorite?

sleep wear

athletics wear

swim wear

So what do you think? Would you hire me?

Unfortunately Beata's party had to end prematurely due to the fact that I had to use resetsim *, everyone just got stuck. The party was only a modest success, but she was happy anyway. I suspect it was the heavy duty CAS use that scrambled the computers wires. Beata has loads of stuff to load, and massive recoloring before I was done. I hope she gets to keep most of her wardrobe once she turns adult, because the file can't take much more abuse.

Almost 46 weeks in the game, I hope I get done soon.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 194: YA party
« Reply #601 on: November 13, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »
Just finished reading today, and I'm surprised your computer hasn't died yet. Let's hope it doesn't anytime soon!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #602 on: November 13, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
most definitely, Beata! For the hair alone :)

Louise56

« Reply #603 on: November 14, 2012, 05:23:43 AM »
Beata look awesome! I don't think much, other that the hair, will change when she become a adult.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #604 on: November 14, 2012, 12:45:59 PM »
Woah, she is amazingly pretty! (rolls eyes at self for saying "amazingly pretty") But what else can I say? She joins the long line of fabulously unique Auroras (the others being all of them!)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

SimBlip

« Reply #605 on: November 14, 2012, 01:29:15 PM »
I would definitely hire you, Beata, to bring some style and colour into my life!
Happy birthday!

Wow, Salty! Roughly 6-7 weeks to go and you're all done! :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #606 on: November 14, 2012, 01:33:50 PM »
Wow, Salty! Roughly 6-7 weeks to go and you're all done! :)

6-7 very slow weeks. I managed to play 6 simdays today before I had to close down the game. I'm thinking closing down the game and restarting it will make sure I don't have any crashes - but it takes so long.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 195: Most likely to offend
« Reply #607 on: November 14, 2012, 01:45:08 PM »
The last graduation day of this dynasty. For some, a monumental occasion. For me, something that takes up useful time.

I don't really care about getting my diploma. You don't need it to get a job at the salon, which is good considering I didn't learn one single thing that will help my stylist career in school.

Fiddlesticks! The grandmas all will be allowed to come into the auditorium. How come mom managed to get out of that?

All right, I'm not so annoyed anymore. I'm the valedictorian of our class! Now I have proof I'm just as smart as I have always claimed. Maybe people will give some credence to my vegetable ideas now. I was also voted most likely to offend, what is it with everyone implying I don't know how to talk to people?

After the ceremony the grandmas and mom said they had an errand to run, I was not invited. So I went home and they went, well, where ever it was they went...

With mom and the grandmas of doing the Watcher knows what, I was able to spend some time on one of my hobbies = gem watching. I love to look at them, it's almost as if they speak to me, but whenever I sneak down in the cellar for some time to commune with the gems one of the grandmas always makes me leave. Not this time, now I spent the rest of the afternoon down there.

Julia: Was that strange Friday night or what?
Selma: What do you mean?
Julia: All those people disparaging in the middle of the party.
Frida: They didn't disappear, they were abducted by aliens.
Julia: No! Really?
Selma: Yeah, I saw them too.
Julia: No!
Frida: What, you don't believe me?

Elise: You owe me 100 simoleons.
Greta: You'd take money from me?
Elise: You thought your mom would believe aliens came and took people from our house. She didn't. So, now you owe me money.
Greta: Fine! It's all out money anyway, why make a big deal out of it?
Elise: It's the principle of the ting, besides, how else would I rub it in?

Cecilia: Would you stop bickering? We all know who's really responsible.
Klara: The Watcher.
Beata: Is the Watcher trying to take over?
Frida: Watchers always try to take over, but we won't let it.
Klara: The best protection against Watchers is keeping busy. You know what they say: "the Watchers take over the lives of idle sims.
Beata: Good thing I invited some people over then...

I invited all my old High School class mates over for a little Sunday afternoon get together. My birthday party had been cut short, but today I was determined to have fun.

My new charismatic trait made some of them look at me with new eyes, and it felt good to get some positive attention...

...others still considered me a crazy vegetable hater (I bet he's a vegetarian!) and wouldn't be so easy to convince of my new maturity.

Mackenzie was there and we had fun gossiping about everyone, especially Steve (the vegetarian).

Finally Monday, time to apply for a stylist job! I'm completely qualified, it's bound to be easy peasy.

There weren't any customers so I decided to become better acquainted with my boss. I started off with some regular madness, just to soften him up for my vegetable conspiracy theories.

I wasn't really paying attention at first, but then I realized he didn't look amused.

Dough: Stop it! You can't talk to people like that if you are going to work here. Get a charisma class at City Hall or you're fired!

How rude! But I can be the bigger person here, besides, I really need my clients to like me.

So, I took his advice and went to City Hall for a charisma class. I mainly learned how to disguise my real feelings and personality under a superficial veneer of "civilized behavior" as the instructor called it. Grandma K would be more honest and call it what it really is - smarmy charm.

No matter what it's called, I just hope it will work.

Louise56

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 195: Most likely to offend
« Reply #608 on: November 14, 2012, 02:02:15 PM »
I love the picture of the grandmas at the graduation. I think she is right about the smarmy charm lol. ;)

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 195: Most likely to offend
« Reply #609 on: November 14, 2012, 02:10:58 PM »
Beata's 'annoyed' face at graduation was hilarious!
The grandmas tailing it to the Salon was funny too. I wonder what they were up to?
Looking forward to smarmy charm from Beata!  :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 196: First week on the job
« Reply #610 on: November 14, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »
Can someone tell me what's going on? First they send me to some kind of charm school, and then they expect me to wear this to work?

Is there any wonder that most SimBin sims have atrocious taste? When this is what passes as high fashion!

I had my first client, she wanted new shoes. Not really a challenging makeover.

The salon was pretty dead, and no wonder with the drearily dressed stylists, so I took the liberty of changing into something a bit more colorful. And the clients started coming!

This lady might not seem happy, but she looks tons better than before, and I got payed. Caching!

As the day was winding down the last clients dropped out and I turned my efforts to Simon, my colleague.

Beata: All I'm saying is that we would get a lot more business if you'd only let me give you a makeover.
Simon: Are you sure you're the best person to do this? This is your first day on the job.
Beata: Simon, look at me. Now look at you, who do you think says high fashion?
Simon: And I'll ask you, is it fashion or is it just tacky?
Beata: Take that back! Now, you're going to let me give you that makeover.
Simon: Why?
Beata: Because otherwise I'll start crying all over your shoulder.
Simon: You win.

Simon: This wasn't what we were discussing!
Beata: Call it a bonus. Besides, pirates never go out of style.

Elise: So, how was your fist day?
Beata: Great, I made two pirates.
Elise: Mmm, that sounds nice. How was your boss?
Beata: He didn't show all day. Not since forcing me to go to City Hall and register for charm school yesterday.
Elise: He did? Good, good...

Next day brought me face to face with Jake Meredith; Caro's, Carey's and Mackenzie's father.

He wanted new formal wear, and who can judge him? Sandals don't go with that!

I convinced him the pirate look was a lot more refined when it came to fancy dress. And he agreed. Being a stylist isn't so hard after all.

Ever since I took that class of charm school I have decided that I might as well SuperMax charisma. It means I have to talk to people a lot, which I have to do anyway because of my job, and I get to be the center of attention which puts me in a good mood (it's all about me).

Also, nothing breaks the ice between me and a new client like making silly faces and getting some jokes towards my 100 joke count.

If I soften up the clients before offering to do their makeovers they even might think I make them look sizzling!

Two promotions later I was given a work uniform that wasn't half bad. It wasn't pink of course, but you really can't have everything.

This was around the time I was allowed to start making house calls.

Beata: What are you wearing!
Erica: Swim wear?
Beata: That's not a swim wear, it's a trash bag masquerading as a swim wear.

Beata: That is swim wear!
Erica: OMG, I love it!

Sylvester my old High School crush called for an emergency hair cut. Once he realized who I was it was kind of awkward, but I used my charm school training to diffuse the situation with humor. Nothing makes people more at ease than seeing someone making a fool of herself.

Some slicked back hair and a mustache later Sylvester almost looked grown up.

I think his body language is clear about how he feels.

Since I don't have that many scheduled consultations a day I get to spend time visiting various community lots in search for sims in need of fashion advice. I also function as a walking adversitment, bringing some cutting edge fashion fun to Sunset Valley's fashion starved masses.

And who, but the Meredith's, should I run into at the junk yard.

Beata: Caro, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but you are to young for that hairstyle. Besides, my grandmother showed me her graduation photo the other day, and there was a girl there who looked just like you - and not in a good way.
Caro: What can I do about it? This is the hair I turned a teen in.
Beata: Do you trust me?
Caro: Trust you to do what?
Beata: To give you a new look?
Caro: All right, let's give it a go.

Caro: Wow, I look smoking!

As you can see my first week at work was super busy. I could show you lots more pictures, but I think you might get bored. So I'll just leave you with two more high lights.

First I convinced a guy called Bruce to comb his hair backwards instead of up (I suspect he used to be in the military).

And I created my best pirate yet! She'll really light up a room, or a park in this case.

As you might have guessed I'm laying low with my vegetable project for now. Instead I'm putting my energy into the piratification of the Valley. My goal is to have at least every other citizen owning a pirate costume by the time I turn elder.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 196: First week on the job
« Reply #611 on: November 14, 2012, 03:02:48 PM »
I love her new goal!

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #612 on: November 14, 2012, 03:07:37 PM »
Beata is so much fun! I love her escapades as a stylist. Before you know it the whole of Sunset Valley will either have fantastic hair or be a colorful pirate. :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #613 on: November 14, 2012, 03:48:55 PM »
I love her new goal!
Beata is so much fun! I love her escapades as a stylist. Before you know it the whole of Sunset Valley will either have fantastic hair or be a colorful pirate. :P

Thanks you guys. All other times I've played a stylist I've always tried to make sims look more "normal".

But I was thinking about who Beata is, and realized that what she considers normal is a bit more out there. Also, she's always had a love of pirates, so what better way to combine two of her passions than convincing the population to start dressing like pirates? I'm hoping for parties where all the guests come dressed in pirate gear.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #614 on: November 14, 2012, 10:03:03 PM »
I just love her spunk and go it em attitude. Plus her love for Pirates..  ;D

anything