Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261502 times)

Offline Isis93

• Nooboo
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 103: Frida becomes a child
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
I love this dynasty! Elise is so pretty :) and happy birthday to the mother daughter duo.
Thanks for updating so often. I come here multiple times a day just to see if you posted anything new.

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2012, 01:08:17 AM »
I'm really enjoying this dynasty! Frida is very cute. I cannot wait to see what she will look like when she is all grown up. And I'm a little worried what sort of plans her dad has for her...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2012, 03:40:26 AM »
I love this dynasty! Elise is so pretty :) and happy birthday to the mother daughter duo.
Thanks for updating so often. I come here multiple times a day just to see if you posted anything new.

Thank you! It's a great compliment that you check to see updates often. I try to keep up with the story, but I still have lots of backlog, so more updates are on their way.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 104: Frida makes a friend
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2012, 05:42:23 AM »
Old people don't need as much sleep as the rest of us, that's something I've learned the hard way since mom invited her friends to join our household. At seven sharp every morning they start their drilling. I hope they soon take up a new hobby, because it's driving us all insane. Frida is very annoyed, and she needs her rest, she's growing after all.

Here's another look at my darlings work outfit, I hope he gets promoted soon, because long hair doesn't suit him very well.

Today is an important day, it's Frida's first day of school. She is super excited, but tells me she's worried they won't get to learn algebra this year. I told her I'm sure the teacher can give her extra assignments if she asks for them, if not, I'll have a chat with the teacher myself (I do have some pull with the principal after helping out so much with the art program.)

Speaking of art, I'm almost finished with Frida's museum pieces. This portrait will be a masterpiece.

I went down town to take care of a high quality delivery.

I then headed over to City Hall to receive a medal for my services to the city.

I'm currently half way through the last career cap, and since I dropped of a sizable amount of statues at the Consignment Store, I'm confident that I'll clear it in good time before my elder birthday.

Frida quickly made friends in school (seems to be a lot of kids in her class which is a relief), and she asked if she could invite someone over. And the next day Quinton came home with her after school. Mom startled a bit at hearing his name, and grandma S had a bit of a laugh. I was confused until I remembered that mom's first boyfriend was called Quentin, and that it had not ended well.

Frida and Quinton had a great play date, after doing their homework together, they played dress up.

Then, before it was time for Quinton to go home, Frida told him a ghost story. Yes, it was her tale of grumpy Grim, Quinton was as horrified as I had once been.

Frida: And one day, when you least expect it, Grim will come for you too!

That night when we were watching the stars, I told Simon I was worried about Frida's seeming obsession about death and aliens.

He told me to relax, it was normal for evil sims to explore the darker sides of sim life, our girl was brilliant, but she lived on another plane then the rest of us. All we could do was make sure she was challenged enough, maybe push her to focus on her skill more, and he was sure she'd turn out all right.

This is my adult museum exhibit, the pictures were taken when we all spent the afternoon at the park across the street, playing gnubb at mom's insistence. The Medal is what I picked up at my award ceremony earlier this week, it makes a nice addition to the museum.

Frida's child exhibit. These pictures were also taken at the park.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 104: Frida makes a friend
« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2012, 06:44:49 AM »
I'm all caught up!
The romance between Elise and Simon was very special.
Cia cacked me up when she suggested eloping rather than a traditional wedding.
The wedding picture of Elise and Simon standing in the arch with the beacon in the background is fabulous.
Aw! Rest in peace, Donnell. So glad he saw his little girl happily married.
Hehe, grandma Kate and grandma Tomika sure provide for an unusual form of birth control.
Aw! Frida is lovely!
Wonderful updates, Salty! Thank you so much for writing. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 105: Frida misses a ghost
« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2012, 08:04:30 AM »
It's a good thing my husband is a genius, because I don't understand half of what's going on in Frida's new textbooks. She's very happy though, and tells me she's already started with high school level classes. Simon takes time every night before he goes to work to sit with her and work on her math and physics problems.

She's so eager for school that's she's up at 6 every morning. Good thing that the grandmothers are early risers, so she has someone to talk to (and make sure she actually eats breakfast instead of going straight to her skilling area.

As for me, I'm working on my final skill challenge. I hope to be a Master Sculptor soon. I've asked all the grandmas to go to the spa when I'm working. Even if I was only a child, I still remember what happened to Racheal, and I don't want any more accidents to ruin this dynasty try.

Every morning I make sure all gnomes are moved away from the shower, so that I have easy access in case of emergency. Luckily I haven't had any accidents so far.

One sad event came to pass this week though. We all knew Kate and Tomika were going to die, we just thought Tomika would be the first to go since she was already 100 days by the time she moved in, and Kate was only 87. But it was Kate the sparkles came for on her 99th day.

Grim and grandma K had a nice chat about the family before he left.

Klara: Can you believe that my granddaughter is a grandmother by now?
Grim: I thought she was still just a kid, the days move a lot faster here in your realm. So, loved your newest book, The Adventures of Grumpy Grim, can you sign my copy?
Klara: Sure, it was more of a collaborative effort than my usual novels, the idea actually came from Cecilias granddaughter I was just telling you about.
Grim: It's clear she has vision. We all love it on our side.

After all her talk about wanting to see a ghost it was kind of ironic Frida was at school when one finally appeared in the house.

Elise: Are you all right seethear?
Frida: Sure, I'm kind of over ghosts anyway. Aliens are what's really cool.
Elise: OK, honey, if you say so.

The rest of Fridas childhood just sped by. She spent a lot of time inventing potions.

Playing chess with her dad.

And looking for alien life in the galaxy.

Simon was eager to advance in his career and put a lot of effort into improving his athletic ability. He did most of his training when grandma K was at work, because he said he couldn't focus when she was screaming at him.

As for the grandmas, they have taken up a new hobby. There is a lot of fishing going on at the moment. Other than gnubb and watching TV, it seems to be the only thing they are doing these days.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 106: Frida's teen birthday
« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2012, 09:45:31 AM »
Frida decided to have her birthday celebration in the evening, so she wouldn't miss a day of school (she takes her education very seriously).

I think Frida looks a lot like I did as a teenager. She gained the vehicle enthusiast trait, and is already talking about dricing lessons. I guess we now have incentive to buy some cars for the garage.

She kept the floral pattern she loves so much and opted for a rather casual wardrobe.

It was also time for Simon to age up to an adult. After some time with the mirror he was once again back with his usual hairstyle. He worries about wrinkles a lot, but since I'll be an elder long before him, I don't think he has anything to worry about.

First thing next morning I started on Frida's museum pieces. Good thing I don't need her to pose the entire time I did the sculpture, she's be late for school, and that would have made her crazty.

Posing for a portrait takes even less time, so she'd had that done the night before. Now all we need is a photo and she is all set.

Frida was pleased to finally go to high school, but I think she might have too high expectations. Hopefully the teachers will continue to give her extra assignments.

'

The party season is up and running at the house, I've got to start making progress on those friend requirements, so we have one scheduled for each night the coming week. Luckily they aren't that much work, and the grandmas take turns doing all the legwork, so all I have to do is show up an schmooze some people.

Frida invited two of her classmates over. Quinton and a girl named Ellie (blue shirt), her family just moved here and she has two brothers who are also in high school. Frida and Ellie are alrady good friends, and she and I have several things in common too, since she is very interested in art.

The gnomes don't want to miss out so they joined in too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Isis93

• Nooboo
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 106: Frida's teen birthday
« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »
Happy birthday to Frida and Simon! Frida aged up really well! Looking very much like her mother. I love Elise. ♥

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 107: Prom Day
« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2012, 11:00:56 AM »
Today is Frida's prom and she is very excited, not about going to prom, but about the entire galaxy she's managed to find. She named it Victoria Josephine, after a certain man we owe so much too.

Mom went downtown after lunch to sort the section once again (I think she's given up on hiring new managers). She saw a crowd gather by City Hall protesting the proposed Llama transportation system. Apparently they were afraid of clowns.

Not one to let an opportunity go to waste, she chatted to every young person there. New blood for the parties you see. This is Charles, and he's a rebellious party animal. Good catch mom, he's bound to show up every time.

It's useful to have a famous musician for a mother, each party has a private concert which makes them more attractive for the people invited.

It's not unusual for Grim to pay a visit. He came for a stray cat that had wandered on our lot.

Since he's on such good terms with the family (grandma K has really charmed him) he agreed to pose for me.

Frida is doing great in school. She's been given tutoring assignments for extra credit, and she's very motivated. This is Arnulfo Sers, Ellie's brother.

Frida: ...and I think that if we just put a few more hours in you'll be caught up in no time.
Arnulfo: Yeah, I guess. By the way, are you going with anyone to prom?
Frida: Not that I planned, are you?
Arnulfo: No, we only moved her this week, I haven't really had time to get to no any girls, except for... you.
Frida: Well, there will be plenty of girls there to night.
Arnulfo: I guess.
Frida:...
Arnulfo: Look at the time! I've got to go home and get ready.

Poor Frida, looks like she's as useless at reading boys signals as I was, because I think he was trying to give her a hint. Instead of getting ready in time Frida went to her chemistry set for "just a moment". She then tried to go to prom looking like this!

Elise: Stop right there young lady! You are not leaving the house looking like that.
Frida: But moooom, I'm running late.
Elise: You should have thought about that before, when I asked you to get ready. Now take a shower before going to the school.
Frida: But I'll miss the limo!
Elise: That's what's called consequences of your actions young lady!

Frida arrived at the school two hours late, she was in a terrible mood, and I was considering keeping her home all together, but the grandmothers insisted she go. "Give the girl a shot at romance" they said. "Might make her lighten up some".

Little did they suspect that the possibility that Frida would form a romantic attachment at prom was something I was dreading. Just look at how that had turned out for me. I hoped my little girl fared better.

In a sudden bout of teen rebellion, Frida stayed out well past curfew last night. She didn't come home until well past three in the morning. I have no idea what she was doing, and she refuses to answer me when I ask. I just hope it wasn't something dangerous.

Despite getting there late and being in a miserable mood Frida had a great time at prom. Her only mishap was falling flat on her face, but that was only because she was so keen on getting to the dance floor while they were playing her favorite song. She even managed to convince her classmates to vote her prom queen. I heard Arnulfo Sears was prom King, wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 108: Life choices
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2012, 12:04:56 PM »
Frida is working hard on her tutoring assignments. I really like that the teachers gave her tutoring to do, instead of more textbooks, it means she get's to meet more people from school. She usually invited them to our house, which is good, because I can keep an eye on her.

Frida: Hi Ellie!
Ellie: Hi! Thanks for agreeing to help me out, I just really want to pass history so that I can get the job I want.
Frida: Oh, you've already decided what you want to do?
Ellie: Sure, I wanna go into the same business as your dad. It must be so cool to have your dad work at the Warehouse.
Frida: I guess it's ok, he keeps badgering me about coming to work there too.
Ellie: You totally should, we could be colleges!

Frida: Maybe, I haven't made up my mind yet. What about your brothers?
Ellie: Are you asking about both my brothers or only Arnulfo?
Frida: I...
Ellie: Ha! I knew you liked him!
Frida: I do, I just don't know how to tell him. He doesn't have a girlfriend does he?
Ellie: Not that I know of, but it's not like I've asked him or anything. Do you want me to?
Frida: No! I'll... think of something myself. I'm not really ready for a boyfriend yet, I've got so many plans and stuff to do.
Ellie: You sure.
Frida: Think so, maybe I'll just call him for a chat tonight. Lets get right to work.
Ellie: Do we have to?
Frida: If you want to get that job.
Ellie: Yes ma'am.

That night a burglar tried to break into the house, but she didn't even make it pass the gate (which was open of course).

As soon as the alarm went of she was paralyzed, and started freaking out, I have to wonder. Did she think we would have just left the gate open without having an alarm? The lack of foresight really baffle me. Besides, shouldn't she know better than to try to break into the house of one of her colleges? It seems Simon has some internal issues to look over.

I was annoyed, grandma K was freaking out and Frida was enjoying herself immensely. Well, never say life is boring in our house.

Next morning before school I sat down with Frida and had a talk about what I had heard yesterday.

Elsie: I know your dad want's you to go work at the Warehouse, but you have other options too you know.
Frida: Like what?
Elise: With your grades you could become a doctor, or a police officer. Or you could use your love for space and pursue a career at the science center.
Frida: I don't think a police officer will be such a great idea.
Elise: Why not?
Frida: Because, I don't think I could arrest dad if I had to, well I could but I don't think I'd want to, and that wouldn't make me a reliable police officer now would it.
Elise: You could still become a doctor.
Frida: Sure, but the hours are killer, you know what grandma K and grandma S say about that. And I think I would prefer to have more time to just stargaze or play chess.
Elise: Science is a lot less demanding than being a doctor, and you could do experiments all the time...
Frida: You really don't want me to go work at the warehouse do you?
Elise: No I would prefer you didn't, it's bad enough that I have to worry about your father all the time.
Frida: We'll see, I'm not promising anything.

I'll leave you with a view of my Grim sculpture. This one doesn't go to the consignment store, we're going to keep it down in the museum instead.

In all the excitement I've completely forgotten to tell you I bought the Sharma Day Spa (hence everyone going there for treatments all the time) and the art gallery. The art gallery was something I've always thought I could put my personal touch on. Besides, it gives me a chance to display some of my work other than in the house or in our museum.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 106: Frida's teen birthday
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
Happy birthday to Frida and Simon! Frida aged up really well! Looking very much like her mother. I love Elise. ♥

Thanks, I'm very happy with how Frida turned out. I had much more trouble warming up to Elise, but as I've been writing her story she's come alive - I think she was just hiding her light when I was playing her. But then again, she had tough competition coming right after Cia, whom I adored.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 108: Life choices
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2012, 12:49:10 PM »
A galaxy named Victoria Josephine. Priceless! :)

Louise56

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 108: Life choices
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2012, 12:59:23 PM »
The sculpture of Grim are awesome! I love all the updates. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 109: Elise becomes an elder
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »
Mom was going stir crazy, so she went down to the theater to hold an autograph session and reconnect with her fans.

She couldn't help to notice that most of her fans were pretty old. Maybe she needed to reinvent herself? Or maybe the town just needed new blood.

Frida has been spending more and more time down in Central Park after school. Victoria Josephine was her 20th celestial body and she is now a renowned celestial explorer, so she if putting more focus on completing the chess tournament.

Her first opponent was Charles.

She managed to keep cool under pressure and won her first ranked match. She didn't even get fazed by the audience.

Simon and I have been spending as much time together as possible. He's almost made it to Emperor of Evil, and I guess if Frida is going to pursue a career in Crime, having a dad with an impressive reputation could be a good thing.

But that's not really what we talk about when we're alone. The fact is, we don't talk much at all.

We have so much more fun doing.

Right now I'm just relaxing by the pool, waiting for my guests to arrive. I'm still working on getting those six best friends.

There always seems to be a lot of teens hanging out at the house now days, and some of them aren't even those Frida is tutoring.

Sadly Tomika passed away at the party. I might not have showed her a lot in the photographs, but she's been a close family friend, and later part of the family, since before I was born. She worked with mom at the theater back in the day, and she will surely be missed. We were lucky that she stayed with us for so long. She was 129 days when Grim came for her.

Klara: No, no, no Elise birthday is tomorrow, sorry you mistook the day.

Finally it was time for me to become the an old lady. I was feeling pretty good about my life, I had completed all my requriments except my elder museum pieces, my daughter was level headed and my husband was there for me whenever I needed support. I was ready.

I decided to have some fun with my new wardrobe, besides polka dots are never a fashion don't.

My days as an elder went along the expected route. I posed for my sculpture and portrait, and then Frida asked me to teach her to drive. She'd been nagging all of us since she became a teen, and now when I had time I decided to help her out. It would be nice to have some mother daughter time.

Four hours later she was cruising along and had already passed all the levels. I guess her vehicle enthusiast and genius traits were a big help. I decided to give her permission to use the yellow car as her own (we have two others). She decided to name it Carl.

At home Simon was hard at work painting my portrait. It's strange to thing this will be the last portrait in the museum not painted by me.

Frida went straight to her chemistry set, and I soon heard her yell "eureka!". Turns out she is now a master chemist, since she's discovered all ten potions.

Finally, here's my elder museum. Courtesy of my dear Simon.

I think you all know what comes next.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 109: A taste of ambrosia
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
An early Sunday morning (I guess becoming an elder really means I need less sleep), and I'm all set for my taste of ambrosia. It's a good thing that grandma K keeps the food replicator stocked.

My knees are shaking  a bit. I can't believe this is really happening. Where's Simon when I need him?

Oh My God! I'm supposed to eat this? There must be something wrong with it, maybe it got spoiled in the replication process?

Here it goes, I guess I'll just keep my breath and it'll go down easier.

How long am I supposed to wait for something to happen?

Well, that was worth even that horrible taste.

Ah, refreshed and ready for new challenges. Maybe I can convince Frida she should marry soon? I'm already old, might as well become a grandmother too.

anything