Author Topic: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 216: Alone at last  (Read 261473 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 112: Frida Graduates
« Reply #255 on: October 15, 2012, 01:56:50 PM »
Here's Sunset Valleys newest Valedictorian (I hope).

We took Carl and Francis (blue) down to City Hall. Can't leave my bestie behind on such an important day.

We were the first to arrive, wouldn't want to miss any of this important day, it's not like it's prom you know.

What did I say? Valedictorian at 12 o'clock. I was also voted most likely to get arrested. That is questionable, sure I'm going into a career where getting arrested is a high probability, but I'd like to think I'm smart enough to avoid it happening often.

Time for a celebration, and what says celebrating more than ice cream? (Mom's influence). I was hoping for Lenny, but a regular frozen bunny will have to do.

We held this shindig at Performance Park, the property I bought and upgraded last night.

Granny K did the cooking.

While I beat the proprietor in my second ranked chess game.

I then headed to the Warehouse, I had some business to take care of. Dad is insisting on me working my way to the top. I have a plan, so there shouldn't be any problems.

Then I did some stalking, ehrm, visiting with my friend Ellie.

Actually, it was her brother I wanted to see. I've had a crush on Arnulfo ever since I tutored him on prom day. He aged up right after prom, so I had been trying to keep tabs on him through his sister. Now, I was old enough to ask him out. Luckily he didn't have a girlfriend.

So begins the courting. I had to run home, first day of work tomorrow. And being late was not an option. But with some parting flowers I managed to get him to agree to some friendly chess later the next day.

And best of all? He's a genius just like me. I think I've hit the jackpot. He's cute, and he has brains too!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Ops!
« Reply #256 on: October 15, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »
Forgot to add Frida's new trait and LTW.
I updated the post, but here it is again.

"I gained the neat trait to add to my evil, genius, kleptomaniac and vehicle enthusiast traits from before. I also decided that my life goal should be becoming a master thief, because I couldn't care less about being the emperor of evil, no matter how much daddy want's me to. I'm more of a loner, so a thief is more my style. Besides, I might be able to snag some new wheels."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 113: Frida goes to work
« Reply #257 on: October 15, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
First day of work, and I'm working pick pocket duty, so I dressed up snazzily, no one is going to suspect me being up to anything nefarious in this get up.

After work Arnulfo came over, and we settled at the chess table. We have so much to talk about, and he told me that not only is he a genius, he's also disciplined and has a good sense of humor. I took the opportunity to interrogate, I mean, get to know him better.

Frida: I'm glad Ellie is also working at the Warehouse, it's nice to know some of your colleges the first day.
Arnulfo: Yes it seems nice, but I wouldn't know.
Frida: You don't have a job?
Arnulfo: Not yet, I'm working on my doctorate, my parents think that an education is the most important investment a sim could do.
Frida: In my family the most important investment you could do is real estate.
Arnulfo: What about you?
Frida: Well, I do want to reach the top of my career, but I want to challenge my mind as well. It's not all about the money with my family, we have a tradition of pursuing a wide variety of interests.
Arnulfo: Such as?
Frida: Well, you know, helping people in the community, making friends, having children...
Arnulfo: *cough*... how many?
Frida: How many what?
Arnulfo: How many children?
Frida: It would depend, but one is usually enough.
Arnulfo: Interesting...

Time just flew by, and I soon found myself sharing a few secrets.

Frida: I hate, absolutely hate people who leave dirty dishes on the table, and then just walks away! Even if I like cleaning up after them.
Arnulfo: I don't like that either, wow, you like cleaning up? That's neat!
Frida: Yup, that's me, neat I mean. What about you?
Arnulfo: I hate loud noises, especially when I'm trying to sleep, I wake up very easily.
Frida: So, you're a light sleeper?
Arnulfo:I guess you could say that.

All to soon night had arrived and Arnulfo went home. I wanted to ask him to stay, but didn't want to seem to forward.

I enlisted granny S to help me improve my athletics ability, I should have listened to dad, I don't think her screaming had any positive effect what so ever.

I waited up for dad, he's the Emperor of Evil now, and he told me everyone had been impressed by my work today. That's good news, now I only have to schmooze my colleagues, and keep up with my fitness training and I'll advance in no time. 

Offline Isis93

• Nooboo
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 113: Frida goes to work
« Reply #258 on: October 15, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
Arnulfo! I was hoping you'd pick him! He just needs a makeover. Loved their conversation about children :D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #259 on: October 15, 2012, 07:08:56 PM »
Actually I kind of like his look, well not the hair. But the white suit he's wearing is one of my favorites, it just hasn't suited anyone in this file yet. Maybe now?

SimBlip

« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2012, 10:26:14 PM »
Wow! Congratulations to Simon for becoming the Emperor of Evil!
His little girl - not so little now - is stepping right in his footsteps. That must please him no end.
Frida is a gorgeous looking girl, but much colder than the other Aurora ladies.
I hope she finds (and explores) her emotional side through her relationship with Arnulfo. :)

Offline Isis93

• Nooboo
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »
Actually I kind of like his look, well not the hair. But the white suit he's wearing is one of my favorites, it just hasn't suited anyone in this file yet. Maybe now?
Yeah. I meant the hair. I really like everything from HELs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
Yeah. I meant the hair. I really like everything from HELs.

I agree about the hair, it's like a bad case of helmet head.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 114: Frida - is watching you!
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2012, 01:53:50 PM »
It has come to my attention that someone on the forum thinks I'm cold (yes, SimBlip, I'm talking to you). You may think you are protected by the fourth wall, but let me tell you fools in Dimension H,  this is me leveling that wall to the ground! I simply can not let you slander me this way. I may seem reserved, even cold, to you, but it's only the image I'm projecting. I'm a diamond, created under extreme pressure, polished and cut to be both beautiful and sharp. But on the inside, I'm a veritable volcano of seething emotions and smoldering passions, diamonds are known to have an inner fire, didn't you know?

But enough about me, I'm sure most of you are much more interested in what I've been doing, rather than what I am thinking about you. As long as you promise to keep a civil tongue, I will go back to pretending I don't know you're out there. If you don't, well, let's just say I have ways to find out where you live...

[Klara's note: I apologize for my granddaughter's harsh words, she's obviously been under a lot of pressure, SuperMaxing Logic isn't just a walk in the park you know, or you would know if you had actually tried it yourselves. Let's just put this little interlude behind us and move on with the story. When I started this journal with the intention of making it a collaborative effort between me and my decedents, I didn't envision it going so "modern". Well, there really is no accounting for taste, we just have to play with the hand we're dealt.]

Having heard my mothers and grandmothers stories about finding love, I really couldn't understand why most of them made it so complicated. As far as I am concerned, granny S is the only one who seemed to have it all together. Granny K wised up pretty soon, but mom and granny C are great mysteries to me. Granny C almost married another man before finally realizing her real love was for my grandfather!

So, I had decided to approach the subject of a spouse and husband from a logical point of view. Not having a potential spouse growing up alongside me in the house (which would have been very practical), I realized early that I had to find someone tolerable out in the community. Now, all I needed to decide on was what parameters to use when narrowing my search. Availability was one important point, good genetics another (but not crucial) thing to take into account. With my temperament, and since the person in question would have to live with us at the house, I decided that personality should take precedence when choosing between potential spouses. All that was well and good, and by the time I aged into a teen, I had scoped out a large portion of the towns male population. And then the Sears family moved in to town, and all my careful planning fell apart like a house of cards.

Maybe it was hormones, or simply fate, but one afternoon spent with Arnulfo (honestly, just hearing his name) and I was lost. I was not very comfortable about it at first, I had always prided myself on my restraint and logical approach to life, bit his warm chocolate eyes melted my resolve. I was so flustered I even managed to blow up my chemistry experiment! That made me hold back even more, I was afraid of repeating the mistake my mother had made, which had lead to so much heartache. But the longer I fought my feelings, the stronger they became.

For a while I told myself I was only obsessing about him because he was older than me, and if we had been the same age, I wouldn't feel the same way, but when I saw him again as YA, the feelings were still there - and they only seemed to get stronger! And I knew it hadn't all been teenage hormones, it was love. We saw each other a lot over the following days, and we became very good friends. We had so much in common, and talked about space and chess long into the night. I had wanted to go slow, but soon found myself ready to move our relationship to the next level. All I had to do was find out if he felt the same way.

Frida: Thank you for coming over so quickly, I have something I want to talk to you about.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I accidentally deleted a whole bunch of screenshots, that should have been used in this chapter, so it's rather text heavy.

SimBlip

« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »
SHOCK! I'm in shock. Call an ambulance... NOW!  ;D
That was the best surprise ever! I don't even mind wiping a spray of diet-coke from my screen. Thank Llama, I only take small sips when I have a drink.

Still, I owe an eternal diamond an apology. Mistaking restraint and reserve for coldness shows little insight in the Simian psyche. Please forgive me... I'm only human.  :-[

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »
I'm sure Frida will accept your apology, and if you don't hear anything more from her I think you're in the clear.  :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 115: Frida goes a-courting
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
Arnulfo: So, what was it you wanted to talk about?
Frida: Well, I was wondering if you'd be willing to help me with an experiment I'm constructing.
Arnulfo: What's got you stumped? Theory? Methodology? Analyzing the data?
Frida: Actually, I want your help testing the validity of a hypothesis I've been working on for quite some time.

Arnulfo: You know I'm always interested in scientific discovery, what field is this study in?
Frida: It's a study on elemental attraction so I'm thinking chemistry, yup, chemistry is about right.
Arnulfo: I thought you were done with your chemistry research, is this something new you are working on?
Frida: Why don't we proceed to the testing and you tell me if I've got a groundbreaking discovery or not?
Arnulfo: Where do we start?
Frida: How about right now?

*smooch*

Frida: So, my preliminary analysis would point to an explosive attraction. What about you?
Arnulfo: I don't know, could be a false positive, we better do some more tests.
*more of you know what*
Arnulfo: I think your initial analysis was correct, there is certainly a strong attraction here.
Frida: I'm glad it's not just me. So, what do you think about making this official?

Arnulfo: I think it's a great idea. Come here.
Frida: *whispers* I'm so glad your findings concur with mine.
Arnulfo: When it comes to this kind of chemistry, I think we're an explosive combination.

Frida: That's good to hear. Now put me down. I'm not done yet.
Arnulfo: What? More experimentation? I can't wait.
Frida: Something like that, just close your eyes a second will you?

Frida: You can look now.
Arnulfo: Is that what I think it is?
Frida: Yes.
Arnulfo:...

Frida: You're not saying anything.
Arnulfo: I thought you were going to say something more.
Frida: I didn't think I needed to say something, I thought it was rather self explanatory. You're making me nervous now.

Arnulfo: Yes, yes, yes to ∞.

As you must have deducted from the events unfolding in this chapter I'm now an affianced woman. To find out Arnulfo felt the same way about me that I felt about him was a great relief, I almost felt as if I was floating. I really must have been under a lot more stress than I thought. We celebrated by watching the stars, amusing ourselves with pointing out the ones we had discovered and named.

Soon we were floating quite literary, skinny dipping in the pool. Mom and the grandmas would have been so shocked if they knew! I guess Arnulfo helps me find a more playful side.

Time to plan the wedding. I was considering giving mom and the grandmas free reins over the ceremony, but after a chat with dad I realized I didn't want to give grandma C any power, the Watcher only knows what she'd come up with. I've decided to let them hold me a bachelorette party instead. Dad is organizing the wedding, he's got lot's of minions to help him after all.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Chapter 116: A joke gone awry
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2012, 05:20:12 PM »
The bachelorette party was held at a club, and everyone from work was there. I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout, but then I realized dad had given them time of to go to the party. Being the boss daughter can definitively have it's advantages.

Grandma S gave a hilarious, and somewhat embarrassing toast, about my childhood obsessions with aliens and other mythological creatures. (I didn't see any need to tell them that I still think aliens are real).

The music was great, and I became good friends with my closest boss, Debbie. She had a little to much nectar and let slip that I was in for a promotion already (what a great engagement present!)

I was expecting mom to embarrass me, but other than some questionable dance moves she acted with restraint.

Except for drowning me in fizzy nectar of course.

The party was going great, and everyone was having a good time, until the party dancers showed up!

Grandma S might have thought it was hilarious to hire party dancers dressed like police officers, but when most of your friends spend all of their time trying to avoid arrest, seeing a police uniform usually kick starts one of two responses. They either fight or flee, all in all, I think we were lucky they decided on fleeing. It did make the party end abruptly though. So, police party dancers, not her greatest idea.

Tomorrow I'm getting married, and I really hope dad hasn't come up with any surprises like grandma S.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 116: A joke gone awry
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
This is just a sneak peak before the wedding, but I just wanted to share her look. I think she's the most classy bride yet.

SimBlip

Re: The Aurora Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 116: A joke gone awry
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2012, 07:43:36 PM »
Ah! It must be hugely satisfying when a demonstrable, but not self-evident principle, galvanises into a formulae which equates stoicism and pathos to the logarithm of a constant called love.
Hooray for Frida and Arnulfo! :)