Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 81573 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 11:01:25 AM »
Great, thanks for the reply! I see that you've got a Sargeant family town jump. I'm going to go read that now. I love them!

Thanks! The Sergeant Town Jump is on hold right now because of health issues. But my Crosby Random Town Jump is completed: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11113.0.html

Offline miricats

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 11:14:52 AM »
This looks really interesting, but I have one question:

How are they supposed to move as soon as they become a young adult if they're supposed to bring their spouse with them?

Do they get married before they move, or do I edit them into the family and then move them?  The first option requires staying for a few days of young adult time, the second requires something that I generally consider "cheating".

(Usually, I choose the spouse after they age up to young adult as waiting for a teen to catch up can be really annoying.)

And hey, my computer can't seem to handle more than 2.5 generations per save file right now, so this is right up my alley :).

Also, how 'bout a modification allowing 2 generations per town?  Just a thought.

And, is vacation time forbidden?  Because knowing which lifetime wishes should be banned would be good.

Thank you for such a cool idea!

Edited to add:

One more question -- If they have to move as soon as the heir becomes a young adult, it could be very difficult to fulfill the parents' LTWs.  Also, some LTWs are impossible in some towns (due to lack of necessary facilities -- many towns don't have plumbbob studios, Sunlit tides is missing at least the firehouse, etc.) -- I'm thinking of limiting the options for LTWs to things that aren't career related or tied to the lot (like Perfect Garden would be).

Also, can I simply move my whole house with them each move?  I like using a certain house type and don't like having to rebuild it all the time.  Or does that affect the stability of the save file?  I guess I can always just build the ideal house when empty, save it to the bin, and put it in each town I move into ad then move them in, but that's more work and still requires decorating each house anew (furniture, special items, etc.).

I keep coming up with more questions, so I'll keep adding them here for now.

Thanks again!

--MiriCats

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 11:40:33 AM »
This looks really interesting, but I have one question:

How are they supposed to move as soon as they become a young adult if they're supposed to bring their spouse with them?

Do they get married before they move, or do I edit them into the family and then move them?  The first option requires staying for a few days of young adult time, the second requires something that I generally consider "cheating".

(Usually, I choose the spouse after they age up to young adult as waiting for a teen to catch up can be really annoying.)

And hey, my computer can't seem to handle more than 2.5 generations per save file right now, so this is right up my alley :).

Also, how 'bout a modification allowing 2 generations per town?  Just a thought.

And, is vacation time forbidden?  Because knowing which lifetime wishes should be banned would be good.

Thank you for such a cool idea!

I usually marry the new spouse into the family before moving to the new town. If it takes some time that's okay. There's no time limit.

If you want to go for two generations per town, go for it. These rules aren't terribly strict. Fun is the name of the game :)

Vacation time is unlimited. I didn't mention it, or even think of it, because I usually crash or get some kind of glitch whenever my sims travel...so I don't. No lifetime wishes are banned at all.

I'm happy you like my project!

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 11:47:27 AM »
Edited to add:

One more question -- If they have to move as soon as the heir becomes a young adult, it could be very difficult to fulfill the parents' LTWs.  Also, some LTWs are impossible in some towns (due to lack of necessary facilities -- many towns don't have plumbbob studios, Sunlit tides is missing at least the firehouse, etc.) -- I'm thinking of limiting the options for LTWs to things that aren't career related or tied to the lot (like Perfect Garden would be).

Also, can I simply move my whole house with them each move?  I like using a certain house type and don't like having to rebuild it all the time.  Or does that affect the stability of the save file?  I guess I can always just build the ideal house when empty, save it to the bin, and put it in each town I move into ad then move them in, but that's more work and still requires decorating each house anew (furniture, special items, etc.).

I keep coming up with more questions, so I'll keep adding them here for now.

Thanks again!

--MiriCats

You can limit your lifetime wishes to those you have EPs/facilities for.

They don't have to move immediately. After the parents achieve their LTWs is fine.

Edited to add: Or they can finish their LTW in the new town.

Yes, you can move with their house if you want. It's totally up to you and your game playing style. It shouldn't affect the game file to any great extent.

Offline miricats

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »
Another, quick question:  If you move a sim (or a sim and their house) to the bin and then move them to a new town, will they have the same job they did or will they be unemployed?

Thanks!

--MiriCats

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 02:01:23 PM »
Another, quick question:  If you move a sim (or a sim and their house) to the bin and then move them to a new town, will they have the same job they did or will they be unemployed?

Thanks!

--MiriCats

They will have the same job at the same level.

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
So does the starting family have to be a couple at the start of the game, or can it be a single person who gets with someone else in the same town?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »
They don't have to be a couple. But, both should be a "Townie."

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
I have been thinking of doing one of these. But I don't like most townies. Is it okay if I make my own founder(s)?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »
I have been thinking of doing one of these. But I don't like most townies. Is it okay if I make my own founder(s)?

You bet! This "challenge" is supposed to be fun! However, when the heir ages up he/she should marry a townie. Part of the premise of this challenge is to see how the different townies change the looks of a family from generation to generation. That is why I always start with a townie couple.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 03:45:14 PM »
Thanks! Yea, I knew that the heir would marry a townie I just like to create my own founders ;D

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 05:14:02 PM »
Does the heir have to accomplish their LTW before they move or just in their lifetime?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
Within their lifetime.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 11:50:33 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply! I have another question: If the heir rolls a lifetime wish that conflicts with their traits, (like if a unflirty sim gets the LTW of heartbreaker) can we roll another?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 11:54:16 AM »
Nope...sorry. That's the point of it being random. It sometimes makes it difficult to reach the lifetime wish but I've always been able to make it. It just takes more work.