Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 82309 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2013, 06:07:57 PM »
I've use that on testing games, you have to do it from the main menu before you go to your town. 
I just wasn't sure if that was allowed, which I am glad that I can as I am attached to this family and I have created a plot that I think will be nice and have some twists to it.  Or at least I am going to try to have some twists to it.

Did it work for you then? Cheats aren't usually allowed except to save a game. But, in a case like this it is fine.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
Yes, it worked, I was able to remove the false accusation.  The loss of relationship didn't return, so I adjusted it to what it had been before, use Control and then put the pointer on the meter at the persons photo and move it to the right to increase it and go to the left to decrease it.  I moved Bri and Kearney's back to where it had been and then took the one with the false RI to acquaintance and everything was back to normal.

thank you for the help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »
Glad it worked, Janna!

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #138 on: July 09, 2013, 04:17:59 PM »
I am planning to do this sort of project using some of Metro's Life State Dynasty rules, as my computer also currently hates me and froze up twice while I was playing Isla Paradiso! :( I like having various life states in the household and also this project will help fix some of the freeze issues. Is it okay if I create this revised ruleset and PM it to you, jude?
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2013, 04:20:09 PM »
I am planning to do this sort of project using some of Metro's Life State Dynasty rules, as my computer also currently hates me and froze up twice while I was playing Isla Paradiso! :( I like having various life states in the household and also this project will help fix some of the freeze issues. Is it okay if I create this revised ruleset and PM it to you, jude?

Sure! I'll be around here off and on today. I'll try to watch for you ;)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2013, 06:27:58 PM »
Do we still have to move the same way with the new "Move into a different neighborhood/world" interaction? I'm not sure exactly how it works, seeing as I haven't tried it yet, but it seems to save the step of saving to bin and such...

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2013, 07:29:41 PM »
You can use the new method if you wish.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: July 10, 2013, 09:35:26 AM »
I'm figuring that we can't do this, but I want to ask anyway,  who knows, it may be allowed :)

Can we give the dragons magical powers above what they can do?  Something that I am considering for my O'Shea story is that when a "bad man" show up one of the dragons, either red or black, will be able to make them forget things such as where they are, what and who they have seen.  I could also use the elixirs to remove memories, put the person to sleep and have them forget what has happened to them, where they have been for a certain period of time or even sleep for a long period of time, such as a year and then not remember anything that has happened to them.  Have a witch cast some type of spell that can be used to protect my sim family. Anything that could have a "magical" aspect to it.

Would any of these be allowed to use?  If not I can up with other methods, but I would like to weave it into the story for the magical effect. 

But I do have a backup plan, I just prefer to use the magical aspect if possible. 

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: July 10, 2013, 11:13:11 AM »
Sorry it took me so long to answer...I slept in this morning. There are no restrictions on elixirs. Magic your heart out! :)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #144 on: July 11, 2013, 05:57:15 PM »
Please, don't feel you have to give a quick answer, I can wait a day or two if need by.  It won't keep me from working on my story as for now it isn't needed, but later on.

Does anyone know why sometimes the photos don't show up?  I was adding another chapter to my story and I noticed that some of the pictures, that had been there before, are now not showing up.

That happens a lot on the showboat thread, I can't see a lot of the photos of homes or other building and it is frustrating that it is now happening on my story. 

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:54 PM »
Where do you have your pictures hosted? The Gallery or somewhere else?

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: July 11, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »
The Gallery,  What has me confused is that the other day they were showing up, not it seems as if they aren't. 

I can go back and redo them, just don't understand why they would all of a sudden stop being able to be seen.

I don't know if anyone else is not seeing them and just not stated it.  Or not had the time to read the story and haven't noticed it. 

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #147 on: July 11, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »
I did take a look at your story and was not able to see most of the images. It is strange. I would've attributed it to a bandwidth issue if you used Photobucket, but since you don't, I'm not sure. You might want to make a separate thread on that, if you haven't already.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2013, 12:02:50 AM »
I'm going tomorrow redo the photos and see if removing them and then putting them back in will fix the problem. 

If not, they I will go I guess to technical help and find out what to do. 

I have seen this a lot on the Showboat thread, and it is frustrating, I want to see what a house, garden or whatever looks like and can't, so don't know if I want to download it. 

EDITED:  I couldn't wait to see what I could do to fix it.  Please someone let me know if they are showing up.

I don't know why this would matter, but the only thing I can think that happened is that I was going through the photos in the Gallery and deleting some that has copies, I accidently uploaded it twice. 
I guess in my deleting I deleted both copies for all of the ones that are not showing up are the ones that I don't have their photos anymore.  I re-added them and then copied them as normally done to the story.
It looks fine to me, but I would appreciate it if someone could check and let me know whether or not they are there.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2013, 01:38:09 AM »
I only see two pictures not showing in Chapter 7.

anything