Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 81576 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #165 on: August 01, 2013, 07:22:37 AM »
Hello, I started this challenge with the Elson's in Starlights Shores, Frist Chapter is http://sims3randomtownjump.wordpress.com/2013/08/01/chapter-one-introducing-the-elsons/, I tried to do it in the forums but it's easier for me to do it on the blog

I saw that you have made a great start on this challenge and I have it bookmarked. Good luck with it!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2013, 08:52:11 AM »
Would I be able to have a spouse/heir be of a life state other than human? There is a vampire in town that I'm targeting for my heir, and I can cure him if I need to. I thought it would be interesting to have some vampboos.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2013, 08:53:23 AM »
Would I be able to have a spouse/heir be of a life state other than human? There is a vampire in town that I'm targeting for my heir, and I can cure him if I need to. I thought it would be interesting to have some vampboos.

Sure, that will be fine. I would be interested in how it works out.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »
sky,
I read the first chapter and I enjoyed it, especially the way you blended in giving their traits.  I hadn't thought of blending them into the story telling and I think it gives an aspect of meeting someone and getting to know them. 
I might borrow that concept for some of my sims offspring. 

I'm not one for joining forum so I can post responses, but I will bookmark it so I can continue to read it.  I'm not even big on posting responses, but do try to let the author know I am reading it from time to time. 

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2013, 09:41:55 AM »
I have seen other supernaturals such as fairies in a story, so vamps could be interesting.

I have a sim family that I have their story on hold with a male sim whose father was kidnapped by aliens and impregnated.  I wasn't too happy, but oh well.  The child was at YA stage when I set the story aside to do this project.  I am thinking of playing him to YA, move him out and then put him in what I see as "cold storage" (the bin).  When my sim family moves to that town, I may take him out at the needed age and see if I can work in a relationship.  His grandfather was a townie who married a created sim, their son married a townie and he had just reached YA as I was deciding on him or his aunt to be the heir when he was abducted.   

Talk about supernatural mixups, LOL.  Founder a fairy marries a human.  They have human (male) and fairy (female) offspring.  Human marries a human has son. Fairy marries a werewolf and has son who is a were.  The human offspring gets kidnapped and is impregnated. 
All I needed was a vamp and a witch to marry into the famaily to round this story out for all non-human beings in this family.  ;)

Good luck with the vamp joining the story.  Looking forward to reading it.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: August 03, 2013, 01:30:10 PM »
I've a couple of questions.

My O'Shea family will be soon leaving DV.  I have yet to decide if I will continue playing them but however I go, the twins are at the YA stage and so I will be needing to decide who will find a mate and what to do about the other one, plus the adopted daughter.

Either way, they are from a different Town Jump and so I am wondering if it would be allowed to take say Amaryllis and whoever she marries (say John Doe) and when she had children to set them aside and add them to the town when my Cage family moves there?  Wouldn't they be considered townies?
Take her parents and give them the fountain of youth, have them get pregnant and then move them out, let Amaryllis and Byrom find mates and get them pregnant and when I go to move my family there, there will be plenty of children for them to pick out a future mate. 
Even Fiona, who is a townie could be married and have a baby on the way to help add to the population.  It doesn't mean that the heir will marry one of them, for there are some other children there, depending on the age of the heir's children when they move there. 

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: August 03, 2013, 01:34:25 PM »
I've a couple of questions.

My O'Shea family will be soon leaving DV.  I have yet to decide if I will continue playing them but however I go, the twins are at the YA stage and so I will be needing to decide who will find a mate and what to do about the other one, plus the adopted daughter.

Either way, they are from a different Town Jump and so I am wondering if it would be allowed to take say Amaryllis and whoever she marries (say John Doe) and when she had children to set them aside and add them to the town when my Cage family moves there?  Wouldn't they be considered townies?
Take her parents and give them the fountain of youth, have them get pregnant and then move them out, let Amaryllis and Byrom find mates and get them pregnant and when I go to move my family there, there will be plenty of children for them to pick out a future mate. 
Even Fiona, who is a townie could be married and have a baby on the way to help add to the population.  It doesn't mean that the heir will marry one of them, for there are some other children there, depending on the age of the heir's children when they move there.

I would really prefer to use the townies generated by the game. The challenge of this game is meant to be to see how EA townies in each world contribute to/change the genetics of the founding family. Creating or recreating "townies" defeats that purpose.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #172 on: August 03, 2013, 02:27:45 PM »
The heir will find a spouse before moving to a new town.

Just to clarify: the heir does not have to marry until in the "new" town, just as long as the spouse comes from the "old" town? Or does the marriage have to take place in the "old" town?

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: August 03, 2013, 02:35:04 PM »
Just to clarify: the heir does not have to marry until in the "new" town, just as long as the spouse comes from the "old" town? Or does the marriage have to take place in the "old" town?

The heir can bring his/her fiancé with him/her and marry in the new town.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: August 03, 2013, 02:54:37 PM »
hummm,

Must have hit the wrong key

On the families, no big deal, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I can get Gunter, Gunner or whatever his name is (can't remember) and his RI to marry and have kids.  There is also the "Robin Hood and Maid Marion" couple and the "Red Riding Hood" and her hubby who can have kids which will add to the town.

I can also have the family stay long enough in whatever town they are in and have them have a baby, and let the kid be close to aging up to toddler before I move the family.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:41 PM »
Curious,

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?  In my Cage story, there are the triplets, Samantha, Sabrina and Jared. 

What is weird is that one day when Jason was visiting at their home Jared walked up to Sabrina and did the flirt actions.  They held hands, did the swaying back and forth and had the voice of two people flirting.

Two other times that Jason has visited and he was talking to Sabrina Jared walks up and has the popup that Jason is acting inappropriately, and if he continues he will need to leave. 

I tried to have Jason flirt with his sister, and none of the romance actions came up, he couldn't hold her hands or do anything.

Is this just a weird glitch of that family?  It's weird, Jared gives him the evil eye and Sabrina sends him love letters and gifts. 
Never had anything like this before, so was curious if anyone else has experienced it.

Truthfully, I think it is one of those weird glitches, such as the maid fixing waffles. 

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2013, 05:40:29 AM »
Hmm, I'm guessing it's some kind of glitch. Are Jared and Sabrina still registered as brother and sister? If not, their (assuming it is) high relationship could be causing them to flirt. If they are still brother and sister... um, well that's just messed up! I've had some weird glitches before -- like in my DecaDynasty, I had two teens that got engaged, even though I don't have any mods that would allow you to do that.

As for the acting inappropriately... I'm not sure. Which social interactions in particular was Jason using? If he was doing mean interactions then that's maybe why. Sims find some odd things inappropriate. My Sim made tried to make the Altos a tasty meal and she got kicked out. If one of my friends came over and said "I'm going to make you Mac and Cheese", I'd be delighted! Sims, eh?  ::)
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2013, 06:55:51 AM »
Their not my family, so I haven't tried to see if I could find a relationship for them with each other.

Jason was talking at that time to Sabrina and she had the popup that she liked Jason, or something like that, no negative popup.

Same as with her parents, both had the like Jason popup I think either just before or after Jared showed his disapproval.  He has never had any type of negative from either of them.  They have wanted to throw water balloon fights, build snowmen, other type of interactions, but nothing that was negative. 
Braden, now he has been different, but their neg ones have been when he was alone with them, Jason would be talking to either Jared or one of the girls and it is obvious toward Braden. 

I think it is a glitch, was just wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen.

As for sims getting engaged, I need to check out the relationship with Samantha, I think he had the option to ask her if he could spend the night.  I don't know if that is normal.  Need to find how far it can go.  They are both still in high school.  She is two days ahead of him from how it has played out.
He went over one day and she was a child, two days later he went over and she was a teenager.  Two days later he aged up and I had them start the romantic interaction, they flirted. 

Been weird glitches with this game.  Both Brigit and Marcus got stuck outside when I sent them to the Festival.  I couldn't see either one of them, not even their plumbobs I think it is called (the green diamond shape over their heads).  I could hear them yelling when ever I clicked on them, but that was all. 

That was a time when I brought the game up to check on something and wanted to get a photo that I really needed but had missed as I was too caught up in the game.  I had them on static, so I don't know if they would have died of not, it was two sim days they were stuck.  No panel showed up for either one of them either.  Just their photos.    Weird

Tried resetsim several times and it didn't work, no click arrow to send them home, it was as if they were home but they couldn't do any interactions.  Sent them to their dressers hoping that would work, nope.  The only thing that did was when the bus came for Brigit and the car for Marcus then they broke free.
Weird

skyegal22

« Reply #178 on: August 08, 2013, 01:53:23 PM »
Hello everyone, I have another chapter for the Elson's,
http://sims3randomtownjump.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/chapter-two-happy-suprises/
I will now be updating on Thursdays

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2013, 09:26:51 PM »
Another problem with my Cage family.  I have had to do some blending and a slight bending of the rules to keep from losing my family. 

For some reason, after they married, Jason and Samantha, I couldn't control her.  I could tell her to go and get something to eat, shower, potty but that was it.  I couldn't tell her to go to bed, to go anywhere.
Saved and tried again, same problem.  Went to an earlier save before they married, had them do the romancing and marry again, thought that would help. It didn't.  Married them and moved them out, that didn't work.

Desperate, I took the Singh family, from an earlier time when played where the triplets were teens and moved them to MV.  There, I aged them up to YA and moved Samantha out, giving her the traits she had from the game in MF.  Saved her in the bin.
Went back to the earlier save, before Jason had aged up to YA, and evicted the Singh family not putting them in another home.  Moved the Cage family into the Singh home.  Took Samantha and moved her into one of the starter homes.  Sent Jason to meet her and while he was there had him age up there, wasn't sure if being aged up in his original home could be a factor. 
Invited her over the next day, she comes over they romance and later on, he proposes and they get married.  Played some more and no problems.

I took the traits that he had rolled from the first time and gave those to him.  Didn't take any new photos, am going to use the ones from earlier times.  Especially the second marriage attempt. 
I'm going to have to go to an old save and try to find the house I remodeled for Braden and bulldoze that house and replace it with the remodeled one.  I hope that isn't the game I deleted   :(   

Which I guess lets the cat out of the bag that he will be staying in MF.  If he hadn't been a loner along with Insane, I would have given him more consideration for heir, but he was so stressed out all the time when around others then add in the insane aspect and I couldn't do that to him.  He isn't like Luke is in his story; he has such a happy go lucky nature it works for him.

If everything is fine, then tomorrow I will be posting the birthday party, the romancing and marriage ceremony.  I hope I can do them all tomorrow, anyhow. 

anything