Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 81550 times)

skyegal22

Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2013, 03:34:14 PM »

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »
I have a page for this legcy now
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,17232.0.html
Wow, you chose the Elsons too! I started my Town Jump just the other day and chose the Elsons as founders.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2013, 04:27:29 AM »
Just a few questions. My Town Jump heir is now a young adult but her spouse-to-be is still a teen. Can she wait for him to age up (He's no more than 6 days younger than her) or does she need to frantically find someone else?

Can we move family members out once we move to the new town and build the rest of the family an affordable house as well? What I'm thinking of is buying the heir and her spouse a house, bringing the whole family with them and going into edit town before I place them to build them an affordable house. Would I be able to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Does the spouse have to be an original townie of the neighborhood or can it be someone who moved into town?
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
I'll give my two cents on it and Judewright can correct me where I am wrong.

For the heir, I would look for another mate while you wait for your chosen mate to age up.  If you find someone, you can grab that townie and not worry about having a mate for your heir.  You can work toward your heir's LTW, reading skill books or working on what is needed, such as athletic skills, that are required for the LTW.

I know that you can do either with family members, take them with you or leave them, except the parents, they have to go with the new heir and their mate.

I think you are allowed to move them to a temporary home, I did that, while the home I had planned for them was being finished.  I had a home that I had built for an earlier game but needed some tweaking, so I moved them for a day to a very small starter home and then moved them to their new home.  I had gone ahead and moved them as I wanted to get the female pregnant and was having problems in the old house (don't like moving pregnant sims).   

Since they had over $300,000 I had no problem in finding them a home, just wanted to do some changes to make it easier to take photos.  Put the house on a bigger lot (went from 30 x 30 to 40 x 40) which also allowed me to move the house to a better position, no longer in the middle of the lot. 
You don't have to take your home with you, you can do so or find a new one, and you can remodel it at any time, as long as you have the funds and don't have to use the cheat to get the money. 

Hope that is helpful to you, these can be fun to do, even though I am having trouble with one family and now lots of trouble with traveling; which I think is connected to installing IP, no proof except a correlation (which isn't causation).

Judewright can add in what I missed, correct me in any if I am wrong and I think it is okay for me to add in my two cents. 

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
Thanks Janna, I think that's all of those answered. Can we move the parents out once we get to the new town?
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
Thank you, Janna! I believe you covered everything...and correctly :)

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2013, 09:47:02 AM »
Thanks Janna, I think that's all of those answered. Can we move the parents out once we get to the new town?

The parents are kept in the home in the new town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »
The parents are kept in the home in the new town.
Okay! That just means I'll have to wait a few more days before the heir can try for baby (5 kids, all younger than my chosen heir) but the second eldest is only a few days behind. Everything will fall into place.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:16 AM »
A tip on the parents.  While you are in your new town with them, they will at some point die.  Put their tombstone or urn in your inventory and keep it with you so when you move you will have the whole family tree from founder throughout all the generations.  You can see  how much the genetics have changed, who looks more like a certain relative from various generations.
I would suggest that you leave them in the inventory, although you can set them out in the yard.  Reason is, they will come out and interact with family members.  Which can be fun, as it lets the kids see and talk to grandparents, but they also like to play tricks.
In a personal dynasty family I had the father-in-law enjoyed scaring his daughter-in-law.  It affected the ability of my being able to choose the traits as she was scared so much by his antics that she didn't have a "good" pregnancy. 

In the town jump projects we don't get to pick traits, but I'm not sure how much what the mother experienced while pregnant and what the sim experiences while growing up into an YA affects what traits they roll.  Is it totally random or the programing goes with a good pregnancy, positive events during each stage can all lead to positive traits? 

Someone here may know if these variables affect the outcome.  Does a bad pregnancy cause the baby to have traits such as evil, mean-spirited and a good pregnancy to have traits such as brave, friendly?
Does negative events during each stage, being hungry, tired, getting into trouble, bad grades affect the traits that are given (rolled) for the sim?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2013, 11:00:53 AM »
I'm getting used to ghosts. The Jones' in Riverview have about five in their garden, so I'm kind of used to them. They're still really annoying, though.

A good pregnancy means you can chose one or both of the traits. The worse the pregnancy, the more likely you are to not be able to chose traits, and bad traits are more likely to be rolled.

Edit: Bad moodlets throughout the pregnancy and at birth determine the trait selection I think.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2013, 11:36:20 AM »
That's what had me curious.  This is the first time I have played games that I didn't get to pick the traits, all of my sims pregnancies and at each stage I have had control and I am a goody-two-shoes, I never pick "bad" traits.  So I was wondering how events factored into the traits.
One of my sim children for some reason hasn't been doing well in school, she has kept C's and only one B, so I am wondering how such events affect the trait choices.  If she were to skip school, be out past curfew and such does it then roll only negative or middle ground traits?

I asked this on the discussion board as I am really curious, not concerned, just curious.  I am always wondering the why and what ifs, drives everyone crazy at times. 

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2013, 03:51:00 AM »
I haven't been able to find anyone that is eligible to become the heirs spouse except the planned one, who happens to be still a teen. I remember him being a bit older than the game says and I think he may have been hit with a non-aging bug. On the 7th day after Luna's birthday, would it be alright to cake him up and keep track of his age (Providing he hasn't aged up). He's definitely not an NPC.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2013, 07:00:12 AM »
Yes, that's fine.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #208 on: September 05, 2013, 09:13:03 PM »
I have a problem (what else is new?).  Due to the traveling problem with my game, it is affecting the LTW that is offered to my sims.

Example is that in my one family one of the kids who just aged to teen has the traits of neat, neurotic, easily impressed and disciplined.  I  did a test and saw that he would, with just those traits have the choices of
Physical Perfection (which requires Martial Arts from WA)
Martial Art Master (also from WA)
Alchemy
Bottomless Nectar (which requires WA)
and Astronaut (which is what his mother has)

So, that will leave him with just one choice.  Alchemy

I can't due to the problems in traveling use any LTW that requires WA, but I don't want to uninstall the game.  It is a hit and miss if my sims can go there. 

I already have the dummy for practicing and benches to do the board breaking, but in order to do the sparing I think the sim would need to go to China. 
My sims are having to turn down any opportunity for WA countries, write a book, paint a picture, write an article for school, which I find irritating as they are losing a lot of points this way.   
What happens if I end up with no choices for the LTW? 

The problem remains that there are some LTW, such as Great Explorer, Private Museum, Seasoned Traveler, Visionary and World Class Gallery need WA to be achieved. 

So, back to my question, if it comes up with the aspect that there are no choices, how do we roll again to find a LTW that can be fulfilled?

I am sorry to be so much of a problem.  It is really frustrating to have this happen.   

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #209 on: September 05, 2013, 11:00:58 PM »
Yes, you can roll again. No problem. Sorry it took me so long to answer.