Author Topic: Rules: The Random Town Jump Project  (Read 81687 times)

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
Re: The Random Town Jump Project
« Reply #225 on: December 21, 2013, 02:30:27 PM »
My computer died and I had backuped my saves but for so reason the ross's didn't transfer over, my other legacy did, I am going to start over and the frist town I rolled was barnacle bay, I have never used that town so it should be intresting and now I have 18 Gens to get through as I just purchased the new town.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: December 21, 2013, 04:59:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about your computer...and the loss of your family. Good luck with your new start.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2013, 01:15:45 PM »
The sim I plan to be the heir in my new town was born with only one trait. Is it okay if I send this sim into CAS and add another one? It would be randomized of course.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2013, 01:16:42 PM »
The sim I plan to be the heir in my new town was born with only one trait. Is it okay if I send this sim into CAS and add another one? It would be randomized of course.

Yes. That will be fine. Good luck!

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2013, 01:54:26 PM »
Yes. That will be fine. Good luck!

Thank you.  ;D

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2013, 07:43:52 AM »
I started my new RTJ in Barnacle Bay with Darwins
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18758.0.html#new

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »
Problem with last town, will need to pick another town.

I am a bit frustrated as the last town is to be IP, as I had just bought it when I started this project.

I have been playing it to get the feel for the town and am having problems playing it, it is lagging so much that it has taken me an hour real time to play just a few minutes of sim time.  Example, sent my sim to bed, it took fifthteen minutes real time for him to sleep, and to send him to shower just as soon as he got up it was three minutes from the bed to the shower, which should have taken maybe three seconds real time.  He fixed dinner and it took an hour real time for him to fix mac and cheese and sit down at the table to eat it. 

There is no way I can move a family of five or more to that town and play with a couple who must have a heir born who will be raised to adulthood.  And to have the ending I want, one of my two "heirs" will have to find a mate, marry and have two children who will grow to adulthood, both find a mate and one of them move to the final town.

I am going to have to send them to another town.  But to get the finish that I want, I will have to allow the first heir, after he marries and gets his heir, let that child age to adult before moving him or her to IP and find a mate there.  The second "heir" will have to be moved to IP as soon as she is a YA and she will marry her (pre-chosen) mate; then I will have to move them to the replacement town.  Then let them have their two children and move one back to IP and send the second heir, her mate and their heir to the final town.

Frustrating

Adding to that, I accidently deleted the save files of the founder family in MV and MF when I was cleaning out old files.  I had kept the first save from them moving to that town, when a child was born and then the last two before the family jumped to another town. 

hummmm, I think I have an idea; will have to mull it over, and see if will give me a better finish then what I have planned so far.     

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2014, 11:05:09 AM »
Not sure which is the best way to write the ending of the story, input will be greatly appreciated.

I am at my last town.  The Lombardi family has arrived at IP and Tristan and Bella have their heir which is the ending of the story from the rules.  Final town when the last heir reaches YA age.

My plans have for the main heir and mate, Tristan and Bella, to have a son (he has been born and he just now aged to child) and for my second heir, Skylar, to have found a mate and have two boys (accomplished).

In order to work out the story I want I am going to play them separately.  As if they are two different games, the siblings, with their offspring will meet both randomly and at some planned events, but still be separate stories.

Here is what I am not sure of which is the best way to tell the story.  Should I do Tristan and Bella's story with Keoni and after he reaches YA and finds his mate then switch over to tell the story of Skylar and her hubby and the raising of their two boys?

Or do I blend them in together as I play them, adding sections that are just of one family.  Such as having a chapter that is of Keoni as he ages to child and starts to school and then the following chapter have one of the twins (Thomasso and Arika) as they age to child and start to school type of setup?

Most of you have written more stories than I have and so know which way will work best.  I'm not sure which way is best, so feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2014, 04:17:35 PM »
I've seen people do it both ways. I personally think it would be better for the stories to be interspersed. That way, both of the stories are developing over the same period of time, instead of having a huge block of time with one family and then suddenly switch over to the other. I think it would be easier for the readers to keep track of the stories like that. I think it would be easier to have any cross-over stuff if the updates are blended together, if you ever wanted the two families to meet up at some point.

Congratulations on nearly finishing the town jump!  :D

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
I had planned at first on finding a way to blend them in, but then realized that the only problem would be clothes and hairstyles.   Yesterday I had Keoni at the park with his mom and he played tag with his grandfather.  But off to the side was one of his cousins.  He had no hair and was wearing an outfit that I would not have chosen; winter clothes in a warm climate!

To get them to fit, I think I will have to switch families after a birthday.  Which can affect the opportunities, but not that a big of a deal. 

Need to jump back to Skylar's family then, the twins had been born, were potty trained, learned to walk and talk and was getting ready to age up when I switched back to Keoni who was on day one of being a toddler. 

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: February 07, 2014, 01:04:24 PM »
Had to move my family from IP.  The more I played it the lagger (not sure if that is a word   ;)) it became.

I decided to roll for the town.  I had considered SV for a couple of reasons but finally decided to roll and take whatever town was picked.  It is MF so my two families are moving there.

As soon as the kids age to YA, I will move the families back to a new IP town.  I have two choices in the area of future mates; take the kids who I had seeded, plus those who would be around their age, and age them up to YA.  Or in the new and fresh town let them interact act with the residents who are already YA. 

Suggestions as to which is the best way?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #236 on: February 11, 2014, 04:51:06 AM »
I am going to try this. I spend far too long in Sunset Valley and Riverview for my liking, and so this seems to be a good way to try other towns. (that doesn't mean that when I go to Sunset Valley that I won't be looking up Aggie, however

When I tried to follow the link in Jude's first post, it told me that site no longer exists, however I found one that does exist, it is

www.random.org

I've put in all 19 of my towns into random.org (I'm including Union Cove in it) and yay, my sims willl be in my newest town first up - Roaring Heights.

Boardwalks and Rollercoasters and Fixer Upper Cars, here I come.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #237 on: February 11, 2014, 06:39:57 AM »
Thanks for letting me know about the link not working. I'll fix it next time I go online. Probably later this morning.

Offline stargirl22

• Nooboo
    • Sims Stuff
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2014, 05:57:21 AM »
Hi, well I got my computer back from the repair shop but wasn't able to transfer the darwins over as they had become corrupted, my computer is much better now and the graphic card has been upgraded so I will be starting a new rtj this time in Riverview with the Crosby, I will be summarise at the end of each Generation. I completed Gen 1, Here is the summary.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #239 on: May 10, 2014, 02:47:29 AM »
Does it matter when your founder gets married? I wanted Christopher Steel to marry Bebe Hart. It's Week 2 Day 6 in game and she STILL hasn't aged up. Could I cake her up when she's past the normal teen span?

Edit:
It's OK. I'd forgotten to change the life span from my last game. She just aged up.

anything