Author Topic: A Study of the States of Life, **Completed 6/19/13**  (Read 23255 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
A Study of the States of Life, **Completed 6/19/13**
« on: September 17, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »
Here we go.  As usual, I won't even attempt to write, simply because I don't write creatively.  Give me a good technical report and I am all there.

hmmm...

Complete
Generation 1 - Human: Ander
Generation 2 - Fairy: Ginette
Generation 3 - Genie: Lucas
Generation 4 - Werewolf: Lera
Generation 5 - Witch: Blake
Generation 6 - Imaginary Friend: Sophie
Generation 7 - Vampire: Margery

A Study of the States of Life
a Zabala Dynasty

Abstract
Is it possible to obtain seven different life states in a single family?  This study will document the attempt to do so over seven generations, while also achieving set goals for each generation.

Each heir will need to complete seven different goals prior to begetting the next generation.  Each new generation must be of a different life state than the previous generations.

If successful, at the end of the study, the family will consist of seven members, each of varying life states.  The household will have also assembled a collection of seven each of seven different groups of objects.  Each of the objects must be the result of a particular skill and be produced by only the heir.

Introduction
This study will begin with a single human male.  The subject was chosen at random and installed on an empty lot located at 126 Wood Street in Moonlight Falls.  The location of Moonlight Falls was chosen out of a limited selection of communities based upon the incidence of various life states already in residence.

Ander Zabala is the human male subject chosen for this study.  He is described as having the following traits: Great Kisser, Born Salesman, Brooding, Proper, and Loves the Outdoors.  His stated lifetime wish is to be Living in the Lap of Luxury.  He defines that as being worth more than $100,000. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: A Study of the States of Life
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:02:17 PM »
Study Data: Human Generation (1)

Ander Zabala, Human Male

Vacation Days: 0/7
Toddler Requirements: N/A
Child Requirements: N/A
Teen Requirements: N/A

Adult Requirements:
One Best Friend
  • Belinda Harris, Witch
Two Career Rewards
  • Service Award, Painter
  • Skill Certificate, Painting
Three Opportunities
  • Popular Painter
  • Interior Decor
  • Business of Decor
Four Lifetime Happiness Rewards
  • Extra Creative
  • Haggler
  • Suave Seller
  • Fast Metabolism
Five Regular Wishes (≥ 5,000 LHP)
  • Marry Marigold
  • Master painting skill
  • Level 10 painter career
  • Own 5 venues
  • Own 7 venues
Six Skill Challenges
  • Brushmaster
  • Proficient Painter
  • Master Painter
  • Consignment Store Reputation
  • Consignment Store Sales
  • Consignment Store Profit
Collection
  • Paintings

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »
Oh what an interesting and unique way of tackling the life states dynasty. Our human subject is rather handsome.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 07:20:30 PM »
Oh what an interesting and unique way of tackling the life states dynasty. Our human subject is rather handsome.

Rachel

Thanks.  It was a spur of the moment decision.  I am currently taking five six college classes - all of which are writing intensive - so technical writing is on my mind. (Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy, Management, Business, and Technical Writing - none of which encourage writing creatively).

He did turn out pretty good for a random clicky so I was surprised. I changed his daily clothes; however, all others are as he chose them.  I don't normally start with males but I have the life states planned out and I have a particular sim in mind for his spouse so male he had to be.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 10:50:32 PM »
Details, Week 1

After moving into his new home, Ander scoped out the town and headed over to meet the local single fairy, Marigold Maldano.  He was single-minded in his pursuit, even though she seemed just a little unstable.  Eventually, he was able to invite her over to check out his place.  While there he finally convinced her to move in.  She wasn't interested in getting married just quite yet.  Ander was content with her moving in, for now.

Marigold wasn't home long before she headed off to China.  She picked up quite a few books along with some relics and other collectibles.  When she came home, they were able to build the house, although it is still mostly unfurnished.  Marigold spent her time planting and harvesting, and eating the fruits and vegetables in her backpack, even though she was not hungry.  She went back to China for some more collectibles and picked up a treasure chest while she was there.  She plans on keeping her spare fruits and vegetables in there until she is satisfied with her garden quality.

With a little extra money in the coffers, Ander takes a painting class while Marigold takes a gardening class.  They both register for self-employment and spend time progressing their skills.  After returning from her first China trip, Marigold was receptive to getting engaged.  After what seemed like an eternity, Ander was finally wishing to get married.  Marigold was in a good mood and agreed so, not wasting any time, they were married in the kitchen before bedtime.

Ander and Marigold purchase a Bonehilda to help around the house.  So far she makes the bed and cleans the kitchen and bathroom and then heads back to her coffin to sleep until another mess is made.

Marigold Maldano, Fairy Female
Founder's Spouse

Marigold turns out to be insane and unlucky, flirty but frugal, and a fan of the supernatural.  She is working towards what she considers a perfect garden, a collection of at least eight perfect plants.

Homestead
126 Wood Street, Moonlight Falls

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
Very nice start! I'll be reading!  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
You're off to a good start! But six classes -- ouch!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 05:14:47 AM »
I love the way you are writing your story differently to others. This kind of writing is just up my alley and so I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 11:19:01 PM »
Details, Week 2 - 3

Ander and Marigold have a busy couple of weeks as they work on their individual assignments.  They adopt Belle, a female adult dog.  She spends several days hunting for gems, finding success with tiberium.  Marigold uses the gem machine and ends up with a spire cut stone and three piles of gem dust.   

After selling the tiberium at the consignment store, Ander completes all three of the consignment challenges. 

He continues to diligently work on his painting while Marigold works on her garden.  Belle gets lonelier and lonelier so they adopt Bridgette.  This isn't a good decision though, so they put both dogs up for adoption.

Part of the problem with the dogs needs turned out to be Bonehilda.  She would ignore the rest of the house and stalk the dogs to "teach them skills".

Marigold makes a total of three trips to China picking up relics for cash.  This sets up the couple for some real estate purchases, although they still have not finished furnishing the house.  They now have full ownership in the Gypsy Wagon, Sam's Market Diner, Vault of Antiquity, and the bookstore/spa.  Additionally they have a partnership in the film studio.  Finally, they own several venues: Varg's Tavern at level 3, La Shove Beach at level 2, and the dog park at level 0.  Ander celebrates his birthday with the completion of all of his requirements with the exception of the final collection of paintings.

Ander completes his last paintings and after posing for a picture for the files, he is off to make some babies.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 03:02:59 AM »
Oh well done Ander I can't wait to see little fairy babies.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 03:17:32 AM »

Rachel

Same here  :)

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 06:23:46 AM »
Wow, you are flying through this challenge...great job.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
Good job, Ander! This is going well! I thought gems and metals couldn't be consigned though?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 10:31:07 AM »
Good job, Ander! This is going well! I thought gems and metals couldn't be consigned though?

They can be consigned in the new elixir consignment store that came with Supernatural but not through the regular consignment store.

Rachel
Same here  :)
Wow, you are flying through this challenge...great job.

Thanks, I am getting some play time in as I am ahead on my class work and we haven't started back up on our remodel.  I hope to get a good chunk of the fairy generation started today.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 01:11:57 PM »
They can be consigned in the new elixir consignment store that came with Supernatural but not through the regular consignment store.

Okay, thanks! I didn't know that.  :)

anything