Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 119315 times)

Leto85

Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »
You have done something that's against the laws of time and physics. Windows will shut down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Send error message                    cancel                         try to solve it (Warning, may result in Nobel Prize...)

Whahahahaha!!!! That would be so totally awsome. And dangerous to. :P

@ Pam, deleting a child... that is indeed sad. Especially for you, being such a child lover and always like to play the challenges related to baby boomer things. :) Maybe you can also save the game as something different than the challenge save game. But maybe I am a bit late with that solution for you. :(

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2010, 12:50:50 AM »
I had one of my male sims end up with the caveman outfit from exploring a mining hole.  I kind of didn't like it.  His original clothes became every day outfit #2 and I couldn't delete every day outfit #1.  I suppose I could have just changed it but... how annoying!

When you get a new outfit, like the caveman one, it will be added as a new Everyday Outfit. If you want to remove it, click on your sim and Change Outfit -> Your other Everyday Outfit. Then go to the dresser, click on Plan Outfit, and click the trash bin next to the caveman's number (it should be 2 after that, but once my Sim had 3 everyday outfits, he got the glowing hole caveman one, and it became an everyday 4, which was hidden. I had to delete one of the ones I had to then delete the "4th")

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

habsfan

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2010, 06:26:27 PM »
Hey, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone else time travelled with a ghost. I have been lately and the other day during travelling to the past it, said that my sim stood too close to a tesla coil thinking it wouldn't hurt him since he was a ghost and that the coil caused him to no longer be a ghost and when he returned he wasn't.
Kinda wondering if this has happened to anyone else because I thought it was cool, and if it only happens to certain ghosts because mine died from fire ironically while building the time machine, lol.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2010, 07:02:06 PM »
He, he, habsfan, that's amazing! This must be the first way we have ever discovered, except the intricate ambrosia recipe, to revive a ghost! :o

BTW, welcome to the forum! :)
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

habsfan

« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
Thanks. I looked everywhere to see if anyone has ever had that happen to them and couldn't find it, so I figured I would ask.

Leto85

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »
Yo habsfan, welcome to the forum.
That is indeed a very nice catch you found there. I knew this was possible, but as far as I know, nobody has seen this for real. The other way around I've read about before: getting yourself killed in the past and coming back as a ghost, or by changing the past. That's possible, too.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 01:02:46 AM »
Question related to Male Time-Machine-Unlocked Outfits:

What is the 3rd past outfit? There are supposed to be 4 outfits for males, 3 from the past and 1 from the future. I've already got the future one, and the chainmail armor and caveman ones from the past. Oh and for the record, you can get the caveman costume by exploring glowing holes created by Miners.

The male outfits are the caveman, the medieval with bare arms and coat of arms, and another medieval fuller chain mail suit, and the futuristic one.

The female outfits are the cavewoman, medieval dress, the matching futuristic one to the mens (the TRON look alike) and another futuristic one with hoses coming out of it.

Personally, I love the medieval ones!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mafuane

• Nooboo
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 09:48:14 AM »
My sim's father was an inventor (she herself was an orphan he had saved during his visits through the time machine) and had a simbot sister, when he travelled into the future she got something like "A scrap bot suddenly came up and hugged her and thanked her for all she had done" I'm guessing the simbot sister lived on for a long time :P

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2010, 03:18:53 PM »
My sim's father was an inventor (she herself was an orphan he had saved during his visits through the time machine) and had a simbot sister, when he travelled into the future she got something like "A scrap bot suddenly came up and hugged her and thanked her for all she had done" I'm guessing the simbot sister lived on for a long time :P

Welcome, Mafuane! It must feel good to get feedback from the game like that. I have a crazy family like that. The father is the inventor, with a simbot daughter and another daughter who came out of the Time Machine. They're fun to play!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »
Someone please tell me if this is a glitch or if it's just the way it is.

I unlocked all the past outfits for both male and female but when I started a new game they weren't there. Do you have to unlock them with each new game?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 12:41:58 PM »
Yes.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 01:29:30 PM »
I built a masterful time machine earlier today, and noticed I had a new moodlet from using it, "Having a Great Adventure", +20, on top of the traveled in time moodlet.

My sims always come back with negative moodlets, sometimes more than one. I don't remember just what the moodlets are offhand.  I've never seen one have a positive moodlet after time travel.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 02:42:01 PM »

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
My sims always come back with negative moodlets, sometimes more than one. I don't remember just what the moodlets are offhand.  I've never seen one have a positive moodlet after time travel.

When you invent things they come out at varying qualities.  Sometimes it will say Improved, I can't remember the other descriptors at the moment but hopefully you get the idea.  Could it be that your time machine isn't a very high quality one?  Try making another and see if it works better. :)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 03:46:38 PM »
I think I have had only one positive moodlet, now that I think about it.  I guess it depends on the adventure they have while they are away.  I know mine came back singed one time, something about outrunning a fire from a dragon or something, lol.  It was funny though.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

anything