Author Topic: The Time Machine!  (Read 119434 times)

Offline Xazeal

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Time Machine!
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
I haven't seen this mentioned yet (or maybe I missed it) but it appears the Time Machine can actually kill a nearby sim.

An elderly neighbor stopped by when my sim was using the Time Machine, and she was standing right next to it. All of a sudden, the neighbor started sparkling and turned into a ghost, and I got a message saying some stuff about how my sim had tried to warn the neighbor about the radiation from the Time Machine but a time guardian had prevented him, and then grim reaper came and took the neighbor.

Sure came as a surprise to me. The neighbor was already old, but considering a message popped up it doesn't seem like it was a natural death. Can the Time Machine accelerate the aging of younger sims nearby?

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2010, 08:32:11 PM »
WOAH! :o I've never seen that happen!
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2010, 08:32:49 PM »
I've never heard of that, but that's the kind of unexpected event that keeps me hooked on The Sims.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2010, 11:07:24 PM »
I haven't seen this mentioned yet (or maybe I missed it) but it appears the Time Machine can actually kill a nearby sim.

An elderly neighbor stopped by when my sim was using the Time Machine, and she was standing right next to it. All of a sudden, the neighbor started sparkling and turned into a ghost, and I got a message saying some stuff about how my sim had tried to warn the neighbor about the radiation from the Time Machine but a time guardian had prevented him, and then grim reaper came and took the neighbor.

Sure came as a surprise to me. The neighbor was already old, but considering a message popped up it doesn't seem like it was a natural death. Can the Time Machine accelerate the aging of younger sims nearby?
That sounds awesome! I have traveled before but no one was nearby! *Pam, don't read the following statement!!* Lately I've only used it for the try for baby in order to skip the pregnancy, baby, and toddler stage! (Sorry Pam!!)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2010, 12:04:31 AM »
Why wouldn't you want Pam to read that?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2010, 12:44:46 AM »
Why wouldn't you want Pam to read that?
Because everyone knows how Pam loves the babies and toddlers lol.  ;)

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2010, 12:59:47 AM »
She's going to be horrofied, Esther! ;) But did it work? I have tried Try For Baby in a Time Machine, and nothing happened...
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2010, 01:12:47 AM »
That sounds awesome! I have traveled before but no one was nearby! *Pam, don't read the following statement!!* Lately I've only used it for the try for baby in order to skip the pregnancy, baby, and toddler stage! (Sorry Pam!!)

Have you had success with this? Can you explain more about it, please? Do you have to go forward or backward to skip the growing stages? Can two sims actually go in together somehow, to "try for baby?"
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2010, 01:23:23 AM »
I can't answer the first 2, LlamaMama (Have I ever told you I love your name?) that's actully what I was asking Esther, but to Try For Baby, their should be an option on the machine, if another suitible sim is on the lot. Hope that helps! :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2010, 01:44:07 AM »
Because everyone knows how Pam loves the babies and toddlers lol.  ;)

Indeed!  Toddlers are the best.  I wouldn't want to skip that part at all.  I'm mostly playing my Dynasty family right now, though, and can't use a time machine anyway.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2010, 01:54:33 AM »
Is that stated in the rules?
Side Note- Is an update for the Dreamweavers coming soon, Pam? Like, say, in the next 15 minutes? Just wondering ;)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2010, 05:42:47 AM »
Have you had success with this? Can you explain more about it, please? Do you have to go forward or backward to skip the growing stages? Can two sims actually go in together somehow, to "try for baby?"
Yes I have! I choose a female YA,or A and a male YA, A or E and click on the time machine choose try for baby with, in the past and a few hours later I get either a child, teen or ya kid of the two people I chose!

She's going to be horrofied, Esther! ;) But did it work? I have tried Try For Baby in a Time Machine, and nothing happened...
I know! Yes it has worked for me many times!

Indeed!  Toddlers are the best.  I wouldn't want to skip that part at all.  I'm mostly playing my Dynasty family right now, though, and can't use a time machine anyway.
I know you wouldn't!  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »
Is that stated in the rules?
Side Note- Is an update for the Dreamweavers coming soon, Pam? Like, say, in the next 15 minutes? Just wondering ;)

It's not a specific rule that you can't use a time machine, but it does say that all children must be from natural pregnancies and a time machine child doesn't qualify.

Sorry I don't have an update yet.  Scarlet and Antone had an 18 day honeymoon in Al Simhara and not enough happened to write about.  They are back home now, though, so I'll have something soon.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2010, 08:52:05 PM »
Yayz! :D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2010, 06:43:23 AM »
I just had a Sim come back from the past with a child who looks just like her.  ... and I had to delete the child to stay within the rules of the challenge.

I've read the whole thread carefully.  How did you "delete" the child?

We've just had a "child from the past" on one of our lots. Sorry to have to say it's unwanted, and seems to be causing game problems.  It can't move out on its own, and we don't want to break up the existing household ... so how DO you get rid of it?  We've tried starving it to death while locked in a cellar, but as soon as it gets close to massive negative moodlets the whole game goes crazy [everyone leaves work, stops what they're doing and the child disappears from the screen].

Nothing against the child, but it's just one person too many in an already very complicated household.  ;)