Author Topic: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (Life States Dynasty)  (Read 108279 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
I love the whole premise of your story and wish you lots of good luck dealing with a house full of ghosts.  I think you're right that it will be easier because skills don't have to be unique, but please be careful about letting an heir accidentally max a skill - it will invalidate the skill certificate from being used as a career reward if more than 1 heir maxes the same skill, as I understand it.

Thanks :)  I'm planning to use skill certificates as career rewards as little as possible, so I think it should be OK.

Aha, I was wondering. So yes, I can see your options were limited to begin with, I like how you turned that into a brilliant story idea! Twinbrook is also my favourite town and so I am excited to keep reading.

Thankyou :)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
I LOVE this prologue! Really looking forward to reading this, best of luck with the ghosties!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »
Chapter 2: Life After Death

Vernon Castor (he never used his first name) had always been good at fixing things, so, when the tram he was travelling on broke down, it was natural to offer to help.  Unfortunately, he didn’t understand this newfangled electricity stuff as well as he thought and touched something he really shouldn’t have.

Many years later, the tram was converted into a diner, complete with resident ghost.

Vernon rather liked being buried there – the circumstances of his death had left him afraid of almost everything, including the dark and other ghosts: the cemetery wouldn’t have suited him one bit.  The diner, on the other hand, was brightly lit all night and had customers at all hours.  Some of them even talked to him.

One night, an attractive young woman in a distinctly unflattering overall stopped to chat.  Oddly, she claimed that she had also been electrocuted and knew just how he felt.  He was about to ask her to explain when the approach of dawn forced him back into his grave.

She visited him at the diner again a few nights later and he found out more about her strange life – or lives.

Then, the next time he was able to emerge, he found his gravestone had been moved.  He was now indoors, in Anastasia’s house.   In fact, she seemed to have a whole collection of urns in her bedroom – and there was another ghost having a nap on her bed.  How very odd.

Apart from filling her house with ghosts, she seemed nice enough – and very interested in him.

She spent far more time with him than with the other ghosts who shared her house.  In fact, she was quite obviously keen to be more than friends.

Soon, they were going steady - or as steady as you can go when one party spends most of their time in an urn.

The next thing he knew, she was inviting him to feel her tummy.

Anastasia was getting frustrated.  The people at the science lab had been ‘on the verge of exciting developments’ in their research for so long that she was losing hope.  Meanwhile, her own studies had yielded a potion that she was virtually certain could restore Vernon’s lost youth – but he wasn’t substantial enough to drink it.

She really wanted her child to have two parents who were there all the time.  Maybe it was time to summon Deirdra again.

“Hello again, Ana.  And pregnant at last.  Who’s the father?”
“B Vernon Castor. “
B Vernon? What’s the B stand for?”
“I have no idea.”
“You’re having a baby with him and you don’t know his full name? Oh well, please yourself.  Do you want me to revive him?”
“I was just going to ask you whether that was possible.”
“Yes, I could bring him back to life – but that would be your third and final wish.  You might want to save it for something else… and, of course, if you had any more children together, they’d be human.  Maybe you should wait and see how this one turns out.”

She decided to wait a little longer and, only a few hours later, her phone rang.  It was the scientists: they'd finally made the breakthrough.  Since she’d done so much to help their research, would she like to bring along a ghost to be revived?  Hoping she wouldn’t give birth on the way, she picked up Vernon’s urn and hurried off to the lab.

It appeared that they hadn’t quite got all of the bugs out of their process - but at least Vernon was around permanently now, even if he was still transparent.

That night, Ana went into labour.  She hastily thought of a few urgent things for Vernon to do and locked herself in the bedroom.

She remembered being an admirer of the Pankhursts in a previous life, and even having met one of them.  So it was natural that she would name her new daughter Christabel.  She unlocked the door and called Vernon in to see their child.

He fainted.

With Christabel settling into a routine, Ana decided it was time to put her relationship with Vernon on a more formal footing.

And she had the perfect engagement gift.

“I, Bridgeport Vernon, take you, Anastasia Jane…”

Bridgeport?!
The bride managed to keep her face straight for the rest of the ceremony… just about.

“So, honeymoon?”
“I thought we were agreed that we couldn’t afford a honeymoon – and that we didn’t want to leave Chrissie with that babysitter for longer than necessary.”
“No, I meant your parents.  Did they spend their honeymoon in Bridgeport?”
“Yes.”
“And you arrived shortly afterwards.”
“Er… yes.”
“It’s a good job it wasn’t Barnacle Bay… or Strangetown.”
“Even Hidden Springs would make me sound like a mattress.  Believe me, I’ve heard it all before.”
“Poor Vernon.”

Next chapter

TheTripWasInfraGreen

You weren't lying about Vernon's nose. :P (I've encountered nearly every Twinbrook ghost in-game, except for Vernon. Strange.)

Also, yay for marriage and ghostboos!

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (updated 17 Oct - Chapter 2)
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2012, 02:37:46 PM »
I kind of wish his name was Barnacle now, hehe. :D    Congratulations on your little ghostboo!!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »
Did you make up all of his backstory? I only ask because I didn't see it on the Sims Wiki. It's brilliant, totally makes sense and blends right in. It was hilarious when he fainted at the sight of his daughter. Sadly, he probably always will, won't he? Poor guy. Poor kid. Still, loving this. Having a Founder with Oh My Ghost abilities will make a huge difference in this challenge you are doing!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 12:00:21 PM »
Congratulations on your ghostboo! Bridgeport, haha!  :P

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2012, 12:50:54 PM »
Thank you, everyone.

Did you make up all of his backstory? I only ask because I didn't see it on the Sims Wiki. It's brilliant, totally makes sense and blends right in. It was hilarious when he fainted at the sight of his daughter. Sadly, he probably always will, won't he? Poor guy. Poor kid. Still, loving this. Having a Founder with Oh My Ghost abilities will make a huge difference in this challenge you are doing!

Yes, I made up Vernon's backstory.

I wish I'd got a screenshot of him fainting at the sight of the terrifying small baby but I was too busy laughing. :)  He seems to be OK with her now - although he still passes out every time he sees Cecily.

I was beginning to doubt she ever would get Oh My Ghost.  I was checking the mausoleum every day or two so that she could collect the tombstones of townies as they died and put them in the house - and part of the reason for adopting Cecily was in the hope of triggering the opprtunity when she died.  Then she started befriending all of the elders in town.  The thing that finally triggered it was inviting over Buddy Bailey, Sofia Carlton and Clark Peddler when the 'about to die' warning had popped up for all three of them.  Ana took them for a group outing to a SimFest and they all died in quick succession after the performances ended, telling her what a terrible day they'd had (fair enough, I suppose).  Even then, it was a few days before the opportunity popped up and she'd got pregnant in the meantime.  Christabel was a girl because it is possible to have a female line without Oh My Ghost - although I only realised this as Ana was on her way to the supermarket to buy apples (I had my eye on one of the female ghosts as the next spouse).  It would just have needed lots of genies to revive all of the spouses - but it's certainly going to be a lot easier this way.

Offline forever_mone

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2012, 01:53:41 PM »
Really like the story so far! It's interesting that you're going to use only ghosts. Best of luck and congrats on the ghosty nooboo!!

Offline Korva

• Townie
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 05:22:41 AM »
This looks very promising -- and challenging. I don't know much about ghosts so following this should be a good learning experience. The intro was a hoot, and so was the ghost dad fainting at the sight of his own ghost baby. Good luck!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2012, 08:11:07 AM »
Really like the story so far! It's interesting that you're going to use only ghosts. Best of luck and congrats on the ghosty nooboo!!
Thank you.

This looks very promising -- and challenging. I don't know much about ghosts so following this should be a good learning experience. The intro was a hoot, and so was the ghost dad fainting at the sight of his own ghost baby. Good luck!
Thanks.  I haven't played with ghosts much, either.  My Sims have had a few ghost babies but I've always given them ambrosia early on, so this will be a learning experience for me too :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2012, 08:48:24 AM »
Chapter 3: Family Life

Christabel adored her Papa.  He was yellow and see-through just like her and he would read her favourite books over and over or spend hours playing with the xylophone.

Mamma was all yucky and solid – and getting more so.  In fact, her tummy was getting really fat.  Papa said it was because she was growing a baby in there.  Why couldn’t she grow it in the garden with Papa’s plants?   She kept going a funny green colour and running off to the bathroom, too.   Maybe that was why, when baby Victoria finally arrived, she was green.

The baby was boring – and by the time she was a toddler and starting to be able to play games, Christabel was a big girl and had to go to stupid school.  Mamma might go on and on about how much fun it was to learn – but she couldn’t see it.  Why couldn’t she spend all of her time dressing up and playing with Fluffs?

Her parents didn’t understand about Fluffs.  They thought she was just a doll and called real-Fluffs an imaginary friend.  They didn’t even seem to see her.  Maybe it was something grownups couldn’t do, like having fun.

Ana worried about her family.  Victoria had grown into an odd child, who would spend her whole life outdoors if she could, trailing around after Vernon in the garden or pretending to fish in the little pond he’d dug for her; Christabel hated school and had an imaginary friend for comfort and Vernon…   Well, she was going to ignore those rumours about other women.  On the other hand, he was visibly growing older and she found she couldn’t even pretend to ignore that.  Her potion might have made him young again but the effects were clearly only temporary.  Now that the girls were both at school, she decided to go back into medicine.  Maybe she could develop a more effective youth potion – and there were certainly plenty of people she could help with the knowledge she already had.

She went to the hospital to apply for a job.  It was a very junior position but she could work her way up.

It was a wonder she got through the interview, though – she’d picked up Fluffs to see whether there was anything odd about the doll itself and had absentmindedly forgotten to put it down again.  Obviously they didn’t mind medical staff with odd personality quirks, as long as they did their jobs competently.

Vicky’s Papa said she had green fingers.

She thought that was funny: she had green everything.  Some of the kids at school teased her and sang a song about how it wasn’t easy being green but mostly she liked it: she was far better at hiding and tracking than any of the other scouts.

Papa explained that it meant she loved plants and would be really good at growing them when she was older.  For now, she watched how he looked after them and helped by catching fish to fer… fert… make them grow better.

“Ana, I have something for you."

“Flowers? Oh, Vernon!
"...Wait a minute.  You have never brought me flowers before.  The rumours must be true, then.  You are seeing someone else.”

“Ana, I’m so sorry.  I have been seeing other women, it’s true – but it never went further than flirting.  It’s hard to look in the mirror and see your wrinkles deepening day by day, while your wife stays as young and beautiful as ever.  I think I was trying to convince myself that I was still attractive.”
“A midlife crisis, then?”
“I suppose so...  I bought a car as well.”
“A fast one?”
“No, it’s quite a sensible family car.  I thought we could teach Chrissie to drive. Er, and I got a tattoo.”
“A tattoo! Where?”
On my back.  Of course, you can’t really see it but I know it’s there.”
“Oh Vernon, you idiot!”

“I know. I was a fool.  It’s over now, though.  I’ve had my fling and I’m ready to settle down to middle age.  Please, Ana, will you forgive me?  I do still love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you.”

“I suppose so.  Yes, you are forgiven.  Now, may I look at that tattoo?”

Next chapter

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (updated 21 October)
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2012, 11:00:03 AM »
This an awesome dynasty! I can't wait to see how all those genes work out  :D You will probably end up with lots of green(although you can't see it) ghostboos, because, as far as I know, that is the skintone of all ghosts in Twinbrook.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (updated 21 October)
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2012, 04:57:56 PM »
True story. They are all green.

I like how we got to hear the story from different characters' perspective! I always like that.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04