Author Topic: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (Life States Dynasty)  (Read 108988 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (challenge completed; story still unfinished)
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2013, 06:18:22 AM »
Congratulations on completing the challenge!   I will be sending you a note soon from the challenge team!   

I'm happily moving this thread over to the completed dynasties board.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:41 PM »
Congratulations on completing a Life State Dynasty with ghosts and a human~ *confetti*

When you finish it all off, will you have a picture of them all as humans to show off what they look like?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
Congrats on finishing, i was really hooked on the story.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »
Thanks, everyone.

I think you're the first one!

Nope.  Alex beat me by quite a long way - although I think I'm the first to finish while writing a story.

When you finish it all off, will you have a picture of them all as humans to show off what they look like?

Yes, I will.  It's odd to have played this long without really knowing what any of Ana's descendants looks like (apart from Vicky).  I know their hair colours (only about half of them are grey-haired) and I've occasionally had brief glimpses of them in human form when shifting the camera from one family member to another but it's not at all the same as really seeing them.  They're mostly wearing their favourite colours but you'd never know :)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2013, 09:52:37 PM »
Congratulations! I just re-read the entire story, and it's even better the second time through! Can we hope that you will be attempting one of the other dynasties next?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2013, 07:30:32 AM »
Congratulations on completing the challenge!  :D

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »
Congratulations on completing your Dynasty!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2013, 10:08:54 AM »
Big huge congratulations again!    The Ghosts of Twinbrook are officially in the Hall of Fame
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline rahmbr

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and what you did.

I want to do the challenge, but I am not a story writer or a person that remembers to take screen shots so I really appreciate those that do.  Congratulations!

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »
I thoroughly enjoyed this story and what you did.

I want to do the challenge, but I am not a story writer or a person that remembers to take screen shots so I really appreciate those that do.  Congratulations!

If you remember to take a few screenshots of the right moments and post them, you don't have to come up with a story. Not everyone does.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2013, 11:03:51 AM »
Thank you, everyone :D.

Can we hope that you will be attempting one of the other dynasties next?

Well, I have done both of them already and am on gen 5/6 in my second Immortal Dynasty - although the poor things have been in a time warp for the last eight or nine months while I've been playing with other families.  I may post all three of them on the forum, although there won't be proper stories.  For some reason, I hardly took any screenshots for either Immortal Dynasty.  Too busy playing, probably.  I did have a full set for the DecaDynasty and intended to make that into a proper story when I joined the forum but most of the pics got lost when I was having computer problems.  I may start another DecaDynasty when I've wrapped up this story - and I really must get back to my project game.

Have a go anyway.  It's fun.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook
« Reply #162 on: February 11, 2013, 05:11:02 AM »
Chapter 19: Their Lives in Your Hands

“Hi Ana!”
“Good evening, Deirdra.  My darling Louisa has finished her tasks in record time, so I am here to ask what we should do next.  Did you have that discussion with the Grim Reaper?”

“Yes.  As you might have guessed, it’s going to involve another ghost baby – but a rather special one.”

“A baby?  But Louisa is so young – hardly more than a child herself.  I very much doubt whether she feels ready to settle down yet.”
“Well, she doesn’t have to rush into it – and she might want to think it over rather carefully.  You remember you used a potion to cause that last death? Your Louisa’s going to have to do something very similar.”

“Deirdra!  That potion was poisonous!  Are you asking me to kill her?”
“No, but it is going to be dangerous.  Grim had a fair idea of what you put into that mixture and I went back to the vault and checked your notes, just to make sure.  A ghost potion with some… interesting additions.  Your however-many-greats-it-is-granddaughter can’t reproduce its effects by herself: she's already a ghost.  Besides, some of those ingredients were pretty exotic – and nasty.  Even a ghost couldn’t survive that.  What you’re going to have to do is to split the formula: we've written down the details.  Essentially, you'll be making a potion with most of the poisons for Louisa and a ghost potion plus a few of the milder poisons to be taken by a human –”
“So now you’re asking me to poison her boyfriend as well?”
“Ana, you didn’t let me finish.  You need to add protective ingredients to both potions.  I think your family may be able to help you find them.  You know ambrosia?”
“The food of life?  Yes, Victoria learnt to make it – we still have some in a food replicator.”
“This is similar.  You need a death flower, a deathfish, a life fruit and a heart-cut soulpeace gem for each of them.  And a flame fruit for Louisa’s potion.  And then you’ll have to make an antidote for each of them to take after the baby’s conceived – Grim suggests you use your favourite tonic, with the same added ingredients.”
“Very well, Deirdra.  I believe I may be able to make the potions – but how can I ask Louisa and Tavares to take them?”

“Louisa, dear, have you ever thought about having a family?”

“A family?  You know me, Greats.  You know I always wanted to be a rock star.  Now I’ve finished my tasks, I want to join the music career, not settle down with a husband and kids.  I thought we’d already got a full set of ghosts anyway.  Unless…
“Greats!  Are you telling me I have to have a baby with an old age ghost?”
“No.  This child would need to have a human father.  Does Tavares want children?”
“Ermmm… we’ve never really discussed it.  Do I have to have a human baby, then?”
“Not exactly.  The situation is somewhat complicated.  I need to talk this over with both of you but I wanted to ask you first.  Are you willing to do this?”

“Well, I wasn’t planning to be a mum for a long time yet, if at all – but I suppose there are plenty of us in the house to help look after a baby...  OK, Greats.  I’ll do it, for you.”
“You dear child.  Thank you.”

Ana’s next step was to gather the special ingredients for the potions.

She discovered that Christabel had found several soulpeace gems when she was breaking space rocks.  Louisa sent them away to be cut.  Joseph provided the fruit and the deathfish.  Victoria, Tina-Patricia and Robert Andrew had increased the family’s supply of death flowers from a single plant grown by Vernon.  All Ana had to do was pick up some of the extra flowers that had been left on the lawn.

Now to make the potions – not a simple task to start with and made no easier by the knowledge that even a minor error could cause the death of Louisa or Tavares.

“…and so that is what you would have to do.  I believe the potions to be unpleasant but not fatal.  Provided you both take the antidote within an hour or two, you should be unharmed.  However, I will quite understand if you prefer not to take the risk.  I am asking such a lot of you both.  I suggest you talk it over and then sleep on the idea.”

“Lou, do you trust her?  I know she was the greatest doctor we’ve ever had in Twinbrook but this sounds stupidly dangerous.”

“Yes... I think so.  She’s very old and wise.  Probably older and wiser than anyone else in the world – and she loves me.  She wouldn’t ask us if there was any choice – and I don’t think she’d have said anything at all unless she really thought it would work.”

“OK.  You trust her… and I trust you.  Let’s try it.  Now, before we change our minds.”

“Ooh, I feel really weird.”
“Me too.”

“Well, we still seem to be alive…”
“Apart from both being ghosts.”
“Now for the fun part!”

They both heard the chimes.

“OK, we’d better take the antidotes now.”

“Tavares, you’re smoking!”
“Well, you always said I was hot, babe.”

“I love you.  Fancy a second round?”

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (updated 11 February)
« Reply #163 on: February 11, 2013, 10:38:01 AM »
Whooo! This is cool! I like it!

And Tavares is smoking. ;)

By samoht04

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Ghosts of Twinbrook (updated 11 February)
« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2013, 01:53:15 PM »
Whooo! This is cool! I like it!

And Tavares is smoking. ;)

True ;)

Although smoking after WooHoo is a terrible cliché :)