Author Topic: Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...  (Read 34599 times)

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:52:46 PM »
The Prophecy

One Town will summon all
One Sim to find them
One Challenge brings them all
And Thus Forever Binds Them

"Gandalf!" Tia called cheerfully to the tall blond standing alone in the field.  "Time to get back to work!  I know we...can..." her voice trailed off as the figure turned to stare at her.

"You're not Gandalf," she began, but the man held up a hand.

"There have been a few changes," he told her.

"But, Lasse, Legolas, I mean, there was a schedule..."  Tia faltered.

"We had a meeting.  Gandalf refuses to start this again.  He says he hates cooking and he'll be back after you've found someone else to push out all those Autumn Salads."  He fixed her with a steady gaze.  "I'm not painting, either.  You need to shake up your thinking."  He handed her a sheet of parchment.

"What's this?" Tia asked, scanning the calligraphy carefully.

"Instructions to get us started.  There'll be more later."

"I've never even tried some of these things," Tia complained.  Her eyes went wide as she read the signature at the bottom of the page.  She looked up at Legolas, who nodded grimly.

"Oh, yes, Tia.  It's gotten to the point where he's taking a hand."

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Will of the Council
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:04:25 PM »
"So, Lasse, what did you come with for this Dynasty?"  Tia asked, trying to keep up with the long strides of the man.

"I've got Charisma and Ambition, I Love the Outdoors, I have a Green Thumb, and I'm Family Oriented.  And I've got this."  He pulled out something that flashed in the sun.  Tia gasped.

"That's a tab, Lasse!  Those things are dangerous!"

"Not if used responsibly.  That's your department.  Besides, it's got all my Breaking Benjamin CDs downloaded."  He winked at her and continued.  "I'm planning to use it as a wedding present actually."

Tia cleared her throat.  "I don't mean to be awkward, but about that..." she began hesitantly.  Legolas stopped in his tracks, fixing her with a stare from icy blue eyes.

"I'm taking care of that.  In fact, now that the garden is in order, I'm on my way there now."  He pointed to the Unfettered with Feathers home.

"That was quick!" Tia told Legolas a few nights later.  "Please, just give her the tab.  You're scaring me to death with it.  I saw you listening to a writing tabcast."

"Welcome to the family, Hailey.  How do you feel about painting?  You can start listening to this wonderful cooking program while you practice."  Tia said, after the vows.

"Painting, cooking, fishing, it's all pretty much the same to me.  I don't have any real skills."  Hailey told her.

"How on earth do you start a fire making mac and cheese?"  Legolas grunted, as he battled with the flames.

"Well, I was stirring, and then I started thinking about how many dogs are in this town, and I forgot about it"  Hailey said, tears in her eyes. 

"It's not her fault, Lasse, don't get grumpy on us.  We'll just get her a better stove."  Tia said, flipping through the catalogue.

"That's funny, I just wished we had the one that helps you learn to cook.  It seems like every time I wish for something, it sort of happens almost right away.  I must be the luckiest person in the world."

"You just keep thinking that," Legolas told her, cleaning up the disaster that had been their outdoor kitchen.

"So, Hailey, who's your friend?" Tia asked innocently.

"This is Jen.  It's the strangest thing, I wanted a dusty old lamp, and all of a sudden, poof, there she was."

"Yeah, honey, really strange," Jen said, snapping her gum.  "So what's it gonna be?"

"We could use a little more cash around here..." Hailey began.

"Done.  You mind if I hang around here for a while?"  She turned her head as a whoop of delight came from the garden.  "What the heck was that?"

"Legolas just got his lifetime wish, that's all.  Stick around, Jen."  Tia told her, grinning from ear to ear.

"Now, let's see,"  Tia said to herself a few days later.  "Gardening is going well, portraits taken care of, Hailey is still learning to cook, but no more kitchen fires, thank goodness.  Bought the Coffee House and Cinnamon Crest, Ops are well under way.  That means it must be time for..."

"Ah, you've anticipated me."

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:36:32 PM »
It looks like Legolas doesn't have pointed ears? But why?
Side note, glad to see you've started again. Good luck this time round.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:33 AM »

*looks shifty eyed*  Er, his ears will be a plot point later on.  Yep, a plot point.  And thanks, I can use all the luck I can get.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:39:08 AM »
Yeah, Ma, why doesn't he have pointed ears? WHY DOESN'T HE HAVE the next chapter of the Hideous Dynasty up yet? POINTY EARS, MA?!

Yeah, but in all seriousness, it's because she has the whole fellowship already saved to the bin and has a file where she plays with them all, so she just pulled out a copy for sentimental reasons, as well as "this game's taking forever to load as it is, HE'LL DO!"
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 04:10:20 PM »
Ahhhh hahaha that makes sense.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 01:12:07 AM »
*shooing Gwendy back to her room with admonitions to get her next Dynasty post in order*

@Rosa, the ears are a plot point later on, really.   ;)

Chapter Three - Babies, Instructions and Strategy

(Sorry there aren't a lot of screenshots in this part, I was so caught up in getting everything together I forgot to take them.  Also, since they don't have a house, some of them are dark.  I'll try to do better from this point on, though.)

"I see some things haven't changed,"  Tia said to Legolas as he and Hailey brought the twins home.  "Who's who, and why does that one have a note pinned to his blanket?"

"That's Aragorn," Legolas said, nodding at the baby lying comfortably on the grass while he put Boromir in the swing.  "The note is for you, from him.

Tia sighed and unfolded the paper.  "I wish he'd trust me a little more.  Things are going perfectly well."  She quickly read the contents of the letter.  "He wants them to do what?" she exclaimed.  Legolas turned from the twins, now giggling contentedly in their swings.

"It makes sense, if you think long term."  He stretched and looked towards the bed, where Hailey was sleeping soundly.  "She's doing extremely well."

"You all are," Tia muttered absently, re-reading the note.  "But they won't be able to start for ages, and with everything else..." she stopped, distracted by the book Legolas waved in front of her.  "Where did you get that?" she asked, a smile breaking across her face.

"Consignment store.  It wasn't all selling melons over there."  He grinned back at her.

The twins grew quickly.  They easily mastered the toddler skills, and Boromir read painting books every chance he got.  Aragorn loved exploring the toy chest.  All too quickly, they aged up into children. 

Between school, homework, portaits, Boromir's painting lessons, Hailey's rapid rise up the cooking level ladder and Legolas' frenzied gardening, the little family neglected pictures.  The twins had aged up to teens before Tia realized the deficiency. 

"Oh, well, at least the portraits are done," she said to Hailey over coffee, on one of Hailey's rare breaks.  Hailey had reached level ten of cooking and was now speeding along in her quest to master handiness and fishing. 

"It's not like anybody even had a makeover," Hailey pointed out.  "I hope you're going to fix that later on.  There is a certain look this family has to maintain."

Meanwhile, Legolas handed his oldest son a battered red-covered book.  "I want you to read this," he told Aragorn.  "And as soon as your done, give it to your brother."

"He won't take time from painting to read it," Aragorn said. 

"Trust me," Legolas said, smiling.  "This is something that the two of you must do together."

Aragorn sighed and began to read.  The ideas contained in the old book appealed to his disciplined nature, and he was eager to share this with his brother.  As soon as he finished the last page, he thrust it into Boromir's hands.

"Read this.  I don't care if you do anything else this weekend, just read this."

Boromir did, and was just as excited as his twin.  He neglected to eat, sleep or shower until he'd learned all the secrets of the book.  Exhausted, he drank some juice and fell asleep, a happy smile teasing the corners of his mouth.

The next day, the brothers were ready.

"Don't break the furniture!"  Hailey called.  In their rush, they'd left her the breakfast dishes again.

The twins sparred everywhere.  All over town, before school, as soon as the homework was done.  Their parents sighed, moved the dishes out of the way, changed the radio station from the death metal the kids were always playing, and went on with their tasks.  The twins even missed the great moment when their father reached the top of the gardening career, and all his tasks were complete.

"Nice look, Legolas," Tia smirked.  "Go have your snack."

Generation One: Legolas Fellowship
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Green Thumb, Family Oriented, Charisma, Ambitious
Lifetime Wish: Swimming in Cash
Building: Flying V Coffee House
Property: Cinnamon Crest
Supermax: Gardening
Career: Agricultural Mastermind
3 Lifetime Rewards: Fertility Treatment, Collection Helper, Replicator
6 Best Friends: Hailey Fellowship, Cornell Riffen, Maggie Grey, Benni Hennissey, Aragorn Fellowship, Bobby Parrott
6 Black Ops: Great Greens, Allow Me To Introduce Myself, Make a Dream, Fresh Taters, Business Model, Uncommonly Good.
Portraits: Young Adult, Adult, Elder

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »
Wow, 200 views!  Hope you are enjoying this.

Chapter Four: Aragorn, Adventures and Amours

With Legolas having eaten his ambrosia, it was time to focus on the younger members of the family.  The twins finished high school and graduated with honours.

The next few days were spent at home, typically like this:

Boromir came out of his trance.  "Tia?" he called.  "He wants to know why we're not making progress."

Tia muttered under her breath.  "He's communicating directly now?  Tell him that we're on schedule, we're just waiting for something."

"What?" Aragorn asked, landing with a thump.

"Well, not to put too fine a point on it, this:"

"Poor Mom," Boromir said, sadly.  "I'm gonna miss her."

"Me, too." Aragorn replied.  "But did you see that dive?  That was awesome!"

"Okay, boys, pack up," Tia told them.  "You can get over your grief on the plane."

"Plane?" Aragorn asked.

"China.  Grand Tournament.  Let's go!"

The twins grinned and ran for the taxi.  Legolas stayed behind a bit with Tia, struggling with the bags.

"I think I should feel worse about Grim coming for Hailey," he said quietly.  "I'm not screaming or weeping or anything."

"It's the stone heart, Lasse," Tia told him, softly.  "We are working to a schedule, and grieving takes a lot out of you.  It's for the best, really."

The boys wasted no time getting set up in China.  The morning after their arrival, they began issuing challenges to anyone who had ever been near a Martial Arts Tournament.  Both twins having reached level 10 in Martial Arts before arriving, they had a great run of successes.  Then Aragorn called his next opponent.  Tia sucked in her breath as the competition arrived.

"What?" Aragorn asked, face flushed with victory and anticipation.  "I'm on a roll!"  He squinted at the figure mounting the stairs.  "Is that her?"

Tia hissed between her teeth.  "She's an old lady, Aragorn."

He shrugged.  "Yeah, I see the cane.  So?  I'll go a little easy on her if you want."

"Foolish boy!" Tia snapped.  "Have you forgotten Rule One?"

"Rule One," he mumbled, leaving her to greet his partner.  She smiled broadly and handed her cane to an onlooker.

There were, perhaps, stranger battles fought elsewhere in the universe, but this was one that no one present ever found an equal too.  Abi Yat Sen kicked Aragorn's butt six ways from Sunday.  She took him down easily, never losing the smile on her face.  She accepted every re-match, excusing herself a few times to take advantage of the washroom facilities, and then came back and beat him down again.  Finally on the 9th match, Aragorn managed to win.  Exhausted, dripping in sweat and hungry enough to eat even Boromir's cooking, he staggered back to Tia.  Legolas approached Abi and invited her out for dinner.

"Rule One?" Aragorn panted, hunched over, his hands on his thighs.  He peered up at her from behind sweat drenched hair.

"Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men."  She grimaced.  "Or little old ladies with canes, in this case."

Abi Yat Sen would be the fiercest competition Aragorn would face.  He sailed through the rest of the tournament, causing everyone to heave a huge sigh of relief.  The twins spent a day meditating in the Scholar's Garden, while Legolas did some necessary shopping.

"Aragorn!" Tia called, breaking through his concentration.  "Have you been wearing that all the time we've been here?  Capris?  Really?"

Back home, Legolas got busy planting his new exotics in the garden.  It was vital for future generations to have access to them...

and then he just goofed off in the sprinklers for a while.

"And I'm fishing in the dark on an island in France because...?" Aragorn asked.

"Because the grapes aren't quite ready.  If you get tired, your sleeping bag's in your pocket."

Back from his trip, he was quickly cornered by Boromir.  "How was it?  Did you see a lot of art?"

Aragorn yawned.  "It was boring like you would not believe, mate.  Shopping, pick up some grapes, and pull frogs out of a canal all night.  You go next time, okay?"

Once he was over his jet lag, there were two very important tasks for Aragorn.  Boromir had already enrolled as a Painter, and Aragorn joined the police force.  In the long term, however, the second task might prove more important.  Legolas sat him down.

"You need to get married." he told his son, bluntly.  "We need the next generation and I need someone else to play dominoes with.  Boromir cheats."

Boromir waved cheerfully at them from over his easel.  "All the time, Dad."

"But Dad," Aragorn said, "I don't have time for all that."

"Try the computer,"  Boromir said, wiping his brushes.  "They've got online dating now."

"Fine."  Aragorn switched on the screen and dove into the deceitful world of internet romance.

There was Tenisha:

She had all the qualities of a good Dynasty spouse but one.  She was married.

There were the old ladies, who sent cards and gifts.  Aragorn was intrigued, but Legolas put his foot down.  "When you finish all your requirements, you can squire the old dears around to your hearts content.  We need fertile."

Katrina was cute, they hit it off.  She was single.  She was breathing.  Her hair was brown, not grey.

"Move her in, she'll be perfect" Tia said.  But then the unthinkable happened.  No sooner had she got her bags unpacked then the sparkles showed up.

"You have got to be kidding me!"  Tia exploded.  Legolas was calmer.  He looked over the new housemate appreciatively.

"I'll take care of this," he said, with a sly smile.  "Aragorn, back to the computer!"

"I'll marry her," Aragorn said, pointing to a photo.  "I'm exhausted and I have work in the morning!"

"No Sasquettes, hon.  Go meditate, that always makes you feel better."  Tia said, as she watched Legolas from the corner of her eye.

"You didn't want Aragorn, you need a mature man, he's just a baby,"  Legolas was purring at Katrina.

"Man, y'all just get weirder and weirder the more I play," Tia muttered.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Aragorn, Adventures and Amours
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 11:43:50 PM »
I just wanted to say two things:

When I first read the Dreamweavers, I remember being surprised that Pam wished Indigo could be the heir instead of Nectarine.  A sim is a sim, I thought, what difference can it make?  Pam, I apologize.  I find myself feeling the same way about Boromir.

Secondly, Gwendy is trying to teach me to take better screenshots.  Please bear with me.  ;)

Chapter Five - A Hobbit Arrives

"Dad!"  Aragorn shouted, dropping out of his trance.

"He says we've been going about this the wrong way, and what we're looking for is right in our own backyard!"

He ran to the mailbox.  An attractive blonde woman was waiting there, hoping to get a photo or interview with one of the family. 

Life had not been kind to Lesley Strauss, orphan and struggling paparazzi.  Stalking celebrities didn't begin to pay for her designer shoe addiction.  So when handsome Aragorn Fellowship opened the gate and invited her into his home, she was thunderstruck.

They chatted well on into the night, and before the first rays of the sun peeped over the horizon, Lesley found herself not only engaged to the charming young man, but moving in with him as well.

Two days later, the couple exchanged vows, wanting the whole family to share the same last name.

If Aragorn had any qualms about how Katrina would take the news, he needn't have worried.

That night, there was quite a bit of excitement at the Fellowship homestead.  Aragorn aged up to Adult,

then Boromir,

then Lesley's water broke, sending Kat into hysterics.

Aragorn and Lesley brought young Meriadoc home, to have him promptly snatched up by the rest of the family.

Surprisingly, it was Boromir and Kat who did most of the child care.

They couldn't seem to get enough of little Merry.

"Boromir Sean Fellowship, who's hair have you stolen now?" Tia said, trying to keep the laughter from her voice.

He shrugged.  "Blame Kat, she bought some volumizing shampoo."

When Merry became a toddler, it was apparent that he loved his Uncle Borrie and his Grammie Kat.

Boromir bought him books and read to him constantly, while his parents were busy with work.

Grammie Kat couldn't walk past him without picking him up for a quick snuggle or little chat.

Merry aged up into possibly the cutest child sim Tia had ever seen in any Fellowship.

In between fawning over their grandchild, Legolas and Kat made time for each other.  Gardening, golf, dominoes, it didn't matter as long as they were together.

In fact, what could have been seen as a horrible mistake became a blessing as the whole family benefited from Kat's contributions.  She could cook, garden, fish, listen to bad jokes, she was the whole package.

On Love Day, she and Legolas packed up young Merry and took him to the Festival.  They had a grand time spoiling him and teaching him to rollerskate.

Kat was happier than she had ever been.

But not three minutes later, tragedy struck.

Legolas was left to try and console his heartbroken grandson.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Immortal Aragorn
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »
Tiamet conflicted is a sorry thing to see.  One the one hand, there were so many problems playing in Appaloosa Plains.  Also, she'd made a bad decision concerning Seasons.  Eternal spring does not mean eternal warm.  Part of the appeal of this attempt was that there wasn't going to be a house, just an endless number of Outdoor Loving sims, happily enjoying the sunshine. 

On the other hand, was this:

So Tia bit the bullet and decided to try and work around her mistakes.  First there were a few things to take care of.

Aragorn worked hard to finish his requirements, getting to the top of his career.  Little Merry aged up to teen and was well looked after by the rest of the family.

Legolas helped his with his homework.

Boromir encouraged his painting.

And Lesley taught him to drive.

Aragorn finally finished all the requirements and sat down for bowl of yummy replicated Ambrosia.

Aragorn Fellowship (Gen 2)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Disciplined, Athletic, Charismatic, Brave
LTW: Physical Perfection
Property: Appaloosa City Water Treatment
Building: Darris Teeter Art Theatre
SuperMax: Martial Arts
Career: International Super Spy
3 LTR: Prepared Traveler, No Bills Ever, Jetsetter
6 Black Ops: Amateur Olympics, Ultimate Challenge, Celebrity Body, No Warts Please, Push It, Lots of Fresh Fish
6 Best Friends: Legolas Fellowship, Boromir Fellowship, Lesley Fellowship, Zhan Su, Willie Couture, Biyu Shen
Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Elder.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 07:06:27 PM »
Yay!   I hope you continue this.  I started reading it a while ago, but wasn't sure if you were going to continue it or not.  Hope it all works for you!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 09:18:59 PM »

I just got caught up, apparently having missed this one before. Gotta love the Lord of the Rings theme. Merry is super cute! And Loves the Outdoors is such a wonderful mood boost trait, I always enjoy that one. I suppose if you're worried about them getting wet but don't want to build a house, you could always just put a roof over some columns? Or what about Seasons seems to be the problem?

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 09:56:55 PM »
Thanks, Shewolf, Rhoxi!  I turned off all the rain/snow etc in Seasons, and made it permanently spring, but the sims still get cold, even with the Loves the Cold LTR.  Any new sims I moved in were chattering their teeth.  So I broke down and built them a house, so they can go in and warm up and not freeze while they're sleeping.  I've also been worried about all the combined rabbit holes in AP, but with the new buildings and things, and a judicious re-planning of skills, I think I've got it under control.

Thanks for the good luck!  And Merry is the most adorable sim child I've ever had.
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 10:00:12 PM »
If you have a huge amount of flame fruit, I'd give five or so to each person. I use it as a way to prevent my sims from freezing in the winter, and they get a nice moodlet for it too.

Oh, and I love this dynasty. It has just the right amount of story and humor. Merry is really adorable too.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 07:53:01 AM »
Thanks for the info, Trip!  I had given everybody one flame fruit, I didn't know it would make a difference to give them more!  Definitely going to try it!

And on with the story!

Chapter Seven - Of Merry, Marriages and Monkey Wrenches

With Aragorn safely immortal, it was time to concentrate on the hobbit lad.  Just after his father's big step, the family left their compound and headed for his graduation.

Merry was Valedictorian and snapped up the Most Artistic award, as had his Uncle Borrie.  The family was gleaming with pride as they returned home.

"Dwarves in the Delve," Merry muttered as they got out of the limo.  "What is that?"

"That," Legolas sighed, "is a Trademark Tia Box House.  The only architectural style she knows is the long houses of the Vikings or northeastern Native Americans.  It's a long room, and she builds in smaller rooms as we need them."  He nodded at his grandson.  "Be grateful it comes heated, or she'd be putting bonfires in the middle where the hearths used to go."

"That's not fair," Tia complained.  "I was going for the Ancient Roman Villa in Britain look."

"Missed that one by a mile," Boromir said, grinning madly.

But they got settled in, and Merry had other fish to fry.

He had a date with Nikia Something-that-starts-with-a-W.  They'd gone to school together and graduated at the same time.  She was the sunshine of his life.

She thought he hung the moon.  And very quickly, it led to...

Nikia moved in, got friendly with the rest of the family, and failed to hear the screech that reverberated through the new house.

"How old?" Legolas asked.

"19 days from elder!"

"That's not a big deal," Boromir added.  "She's got lots of time for the nooboo."

"That isn't the problem." Lesley put in.  "She and Merry were supposed to be the same age so that she could paint his elder portrait.  Boromir and I are already in our nineties.  We won't last forever."

Sad and prophetic words.  But they were lost in the maniacal chuckling that came next.

"I've got it!"  Tia snapped.  "Where are they?  Lasse, drop some fruit on her, I know exactly how to handle this."

"Words that have doomed the Dynasty before,"  Aragorn said. 

"Another half-baked scheme that will have her crying by morning."  Boromir agreed. 

"Put down that fruit and step away from the laptop," Aragorn said in his best Official Police There is Nothing to See Here voice.  But nothing worked and destiny once again took a u-turn.

Boromir developed a strange habit that night.  Some force beyond him, (or Tia for that matter) compelled him to pull out every pumpkin he'd harvested that week and carve faces into them.

He was unstoppable.  Lesley just kept putting them outside on the lawn to make room for the new ones.  No one said anything, but it was just a little creepy.  Spooky Day would never come in this land of endless spring, and perhaps Boromir wanted to celebrate in the little time he had left.

But it was odd.

Nikia told her news to Lesley first.  Everyone hoped Lesley, at ninety-someting, would see the birth of her grandchild.

Merry wanted to make sure she attended the wedding, so they had it right there and then.

"Did you have to wear the wetsuit?" Legolas complained.  "It would only have taken a second to change."

"At our age, every second counts, Dad!" Boromir called cheerily from the rocking chair. 

Grim showed up just before the birth, to throw a scare into everyone.  It was one of Lesley's old friends from her paparazzi days. 

Grim may have known something the rest of the family didn't, and Lesley wasn't telling.  She gave him her autograph and they chatted away like old friends.

Nikia went into labour and brought home another surprise.

"Oh, Yay!  More twins!" Legolas said sarcastically, holding baby Gandalf.

"Knock it off, Mr Family Oriented, you're thrilled, I can tell," Aragorn said, with Elrond in his arms.

"It would be easier if I didn't have the feeling it's all going to come back to bite us in the behind later on."  Legolas said, snuggling up Gandalf before putting him to bed.

"Lesley's gotten to see her grandchildren, and Borrie his great nephews."  Aragorn said, as he fed Elrond.

Grim did appear that night, but surprised everyone.

It was the younger Boromir he was after.

"Don't get too upset, Merry,"  Boromir said, after saying goodbye to his father and brother.  His nephew was devastated.  "Tell the boys I loved them, and I'll see all of you again when this is done.  Don't worry."

Oh, Boromir Sean Fellowship, I shall miss you.  We never could have made it this far without you.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

anything