Author Topic: Fellowship of the Dynasty - And He Lived Happily Ever After...  (Read 34590 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - A Girl's Gotta Do What A Girl's Gotta Do
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2013, 12:11:46 PM »
Tia, I just got caught up with this -- it's great! I love it that Sam had a gender identity crisis. And you're on Generation 8 already. Fingers crossed for Frodo.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Ooh, Nooboo, Nooboo, It's a Wild World!
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2013, 05:57:06 AM »
Tia, I just got caught up with this -- it's great! I love it that Sam had a gender identity crisis. And you're on Generation 8 already. Fingers crossed for Frodo.

Thanks so much, Marian!  It means a lot, coming from you! (Plus, I always play Frodo on some variation of this, if you recognize him)

Chapter Twenty Three - Ooh, Nooboo, Nooboo, It's a Wild World!

"Right, everyone, gather round," Legolas called, holding Frodo.

The family crowded up, hoping to get a chance to hold the infant.  Legolas and Aragorn were hogging him between them, only relenting when Sam yelled at them to hand the baby hobbit over.

"We're too close to start losing focus," Legolas told them sternly.  "Until he becomes a child, certain habits of certain people are not going to be tolerated."  Pip squirmed under his great-great-grandfather's steely blue gaze.

"You know what I mean, Pip," Legolas told him.  "No more gigs for a bit.  You're almost at the top of your career anyway, a short absence will only have the crowds clamoring for you to come back."  The tall man turned his head to Merry's son.

"Gandalf, you will stop starting impromptu jam sessions in the middle of the night, in the middle of the house, or in the middle of anything.  Do I make myself clear?  Sam needs her sleep to do well at work, and you waking everyone up isn't helping her.  She's so busy with the job and the baby, we need to make her life easier."

Aragorn interrupted him.  "And while we're on the subject, the fridge is stocked with leftovers of perfectly good meals.   There are four replicators filled with everything from lobster to fruit parfait.  Is it really necessary for you to pull out the ingredients for awful old mac and cheese?  And then rant that you can't find a counter?  There's a reason the kitchen is locked!"

"Gimli works very hard to keep this place tidy." Legolas continued smoothly.  "You are all old enough to put your own dishes in the dishwasher.  And Merry," he added, beaming broadly at him, "you are doing fantastically well with getting to know everyone in town!  Just keep doing what you're doing."

Three hectic days later, it was time for the cake.

Frodo was a toddler like no other.  He seemed to have a strange introspection, and some very odd mannerisms.

He couldn't decided on a name for his imaginary friend.  It was either Smeagol or Gollum, and was treated accordingly.  Smeagol was hugged and sung to while Gollum was bashed against the toybox.

As soon as he could form words, he was telling Aragorn horrid tales of a flaming mountain in an evil land.

But he did like to play with his toy sheep.

Sam refused to see anything wrong in her son's strangeness.  When Merry tried to talk to her about it, she turned on him ferociously. 

"There's nowt wrong wi' him!" she growled, her accent slipping.  "Poor lad's always been a bit different since all that, well, you know!"

"I'm just saying that we'll need to keep a close eye on him, Sam, that's all.  The world can be cruel.  He'll have troubles keeping friends."

"Not in this house he won't."

She was right, of course.  At home he was always accepted, always loved and cherished.  He learned all his skills quickly, sat quietly for his portrait and read his books.  He loved books.

Taking a rare break from work and her family, Sam went out with Savannah.  Time with her sisters always helped her keep her balance in the awkward place she found herself.

"You're a great cook!" Savannah told her.

"But I haven't had one cooking op yet, Sav.  It's why the skill was reserved for me, to get those ops."

"It'll all work out, don't worry." Savannah said, giving her a big hug.

"That's a great face, Sam, does Frodo need changing?" Tia asked.

"Not since Dad put the floor hygienators around the potty.  No, I'm thinking about Zak.  It's just not the way it used to be, y'know.  And I feel bad about him being tied up in a relationship that can't give him what he wants."

"He loves Frodo," Tia pointed out.

"That's not the point, I can't marry him.  I'm going to break it off with him tonight, I'm meeting him at Adventure Landing."

Sam was bopping along to Lynard Skynard on her iPod when she felt the chill of something strange behind her.

She turned around, ready to use the Dwarven Defense moves her father had taught her as a child, when she realized who it was.

"Zak!" she fairly shrieked.  "What happened to you?"

The old man shook his head sadly.  "I left the house a young man, I turned up here like this.  And I've also become a witch somehow."

"That's awful!" Sam said.

"I have bad news, Sam," he continued.  "I just don't think it's fair to force you to keep to an engagement when the circumstances have changed so much."

"Oh, Zak," she breathed.  "I was coming to tell you that I don't think it's right for me to keep you hanging around forever for a marriage that will probably never take place."

They looked sadly at each other for a moment, and then embraced.  "I still want you for my best friend, though," Sam told him.  "I need you in my life, and so does Frodo.  We're having a small party for his birthday, and I want you to be there."

So Zak was.

And was delighted with his hobbit son.

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2013, 07:13:22 AM »
Poor Frodo, he can't get away from Mt. Doom. And I love it that his IF is sometimes Smeagol and sometimes Gollum.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2013, 04:41:03 PM »
That was brilliant!  Poor Frodo... he never was right after Mt. Doom.  And I agree with Marian, the fact that his IF is Gollum and Smeagol is just genius!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Stand In The Light
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2013, 11:51:56 AM »
Poor Frodo, he can't get away from Mt. Doom. And I love it that his IF is sometimes Smeagol and sometimes Gollum.

That was brilliant!  Poor Frodo... he never was right after Mt. Doom.  And I agree with Marian, the fact that his IF is Gollum and Smeagol is just genius!

Thank you both!  As I said to Marian in another thread, Post Ringbearer Syndrome isn't something one gets over easily.  (I have to give credit for the idea to one of my favorite fanfictions)

Smeagol/Gollum just came when I was watching him sing to the IF and then try and beat it to death.  It cracks me up every time!

And a big thanks to all the silent readers who have pushed this over the 2100 views.  I hope you all enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it.

Chapter Twenty Four - Stand in the Light

There was always a lot of affection shown in the Fellowship house, and it seemed that the closer they got to their goal, the more frequent the hugs became.

Frodo was doted on and the attention he received might have spoiled a different child.

But Frodo seemed to walk between two worlds.  The everyday, mundane world where he did his homework and wore his tux to school.

(with the dashing plastic flip flops to give the outfit that certain elan)

And the world of his imagination, where he ruled vast kingdoms and completed great quests.

Sam was dealing with her own stresses.  One day she simply turned invisible.

"What's this about, then?" Legolas asked her, watching the plumbob bounce across the house.

"I'm gong to blow it, Great-Great!" she told him, tears in her voice.  "I can't get any cooking ops."

"It'll be fine," he soothed her.  "Go have a nice hot shower, you'll be more yourself."

Pip had gone back to performing, and was rolling himself about in great flaming hoops.

"Why, Pip, why?" Tia groaned.

"Gonna be the best, that's all," Pip said confidently.  "The crowd loves this bit."

"They love the butt fires!"

Frodo developed a taste for falafel, simply because it looked like lembas.

Sam filled the fridge with autumn salad and fruit parfait until the family was sick of the sight of it.

"Replicate something else then," she snapped at Merry.  "How do you think I feel?  I'm partial to tri-tip steak myself, but nooo, it takes too much time or something..."

Merry hugged the distraught woman.  "You're almost done, Sam.  And then it's baked alaska and steak every night."

He was right, and the next day Sam finished the last salad to supermax cooking.

Gimli taught his grandson the traditional Dwarven Dance Moves.

Leaving Aragorn to watch Frodo one night while Sam was at work, the rest piled into the motive mobile and headed out for a night on the town.

"Wait," Tia said, "what are you doing behind the bar?"

"We sort of bought the place," Gimli confessed.

"Our very own tavern!" Gandalf enthused.

"It's no Green Dragon," Pip admitted.

"But we like it." Merry finished for him, concentrating on the game.

"And you brought Jedidiah with you?" Tia exclaimed.  "The poor man is seven hundred years old or something."

"Lad needed a night out," Merry, who made friends with anyone who showed up at the gate, shrugged.  "Do him good to have some fun and a pint."

Frodo had been given his room for his childhood birthday.  Here he penned his stories, writing out all the dark fantasies that filled his mind.  He spent so much time in there that his birthday snuck up on him.

It was a nice suit, but he missed his hobbit hair.  So off to the dresser he went.

He decided instead of a large party, he wanted a small family reunion.  So he made the phone calls.

"Dad?  Are you busy?"

Zak was never too busy for his son.  In fact, the boy was the greatest joy in his life.  He offered every support he could, from late night phone calls about Frodo's problems to giving him solid critique on the books the boy was publishing at an alarming rate.

Gimli's children also came.  Frodo loved his aunties and uncle.  He never blinked at the way they spoke or moved, they were just part of the clan.

Gimli was immensely proud of all his children, but what he loved most was the relationship they had built up together.  He also loved the way they all pretended to laugh at his terrible jokes.

Sam and Valerie spent some time trading stories and boosting each other's confidence.  Val had always been a loner, large groups, even with the family made her a little uneasy.

Frodo and Zak discussed Frodo's latest book.

"You have such talent, son," Zak told him.  "But your stories are getting too dark.  There's such a light in you as well, Frodo.  Stand in that light.  Nothing can touch you there."

Maybe Zak had some premonition of what was to come, for he suddenly hugged his strange son fiercely.

"Always remember that I love you.  You are the best of your mother and me."

Two days later, Zak passed on quietly in his sleep.

Devastated, Frodo locked himself in his room and pounded away at the keyboard.  Reading over the bleakness on the screen before him, he sat back and recalled his father's words.  He remembered the bike his father had given him, how he'd made him learn to ride it.  He thought of how patient his dad has always been, even listening to the nonsense he'd spouted at him.  His dad had just hugged him and ruffled his hair, and kept on listening.  Zak had poured all his love into his one child. 

Frodo straightened his shoulders.  He would stand in the light.

..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
Awwwww!  Poor Frodo!  That's so sad!  But I'm glad he's taking his dad's words to heart.  So close now Tia!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
I love the hobbit-hair. Too bad you can't do anything about their feet -- I was thinking brown socks, but those probably wouldn't look like anything but brown socks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
Awwwww!  Poor Frodo!  That's so sad!  But I'm glad he's taking his dad's words to heart.  So close now Tia!

I wanted him to have something that kinda helped him...and I always liked Zak.  Him and his Arlo hair.

I love the hobbit-hair. Too bad you can't do anything about their feet -- I was thinking brown socks, but those probably wouldn't look like anything but brown socks.

Brown socks look like brown socks, yes.  *sigh*  It's the heights that bother me the most.  I wish there was a way to make them shorter.  ::)

Update coming soon.  The end is nigh!
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2013, 05:35:48 PM »

Wow, Tia, you have just sped through this whole challenge! I can't believe you're almost done. The fellowship has been making me giggle the whole way through! I feel bad for Sam and her gender identity crisis, but overall I think Pip's gotten the worst luck of anyone. Maybe he's just fun to pick on!  ;D

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Stuff Happens
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »
Wow, Tia, you have just sped through this whole challenge! I can't believe you're almost done. The fellowship has been making me giggle the whole way through! I feel bad for Sam and her gender identity crisis, but overall I think Pip's gotten the worst luck of anyone. Maybe he's just fun to pick on!  ;D

Thanks, Rhoxi!  I love to make people laugh.  My poor Pip, he really does the craziest things in game.  I have to keep an extra eye on him.  He and Sam have been best friends since she hit her teens, but they get into arguments at the drop of a hat, and the next second are hugging.  It's never dull.

Chapter Twenty Five -  Stuff Happens

"Sam!  Did you put broccoli in the pancakes again?" Pip asked, crossing his eyes. 

"You want more fruit parfait, Grandad?" she called back.  "Eat your veggies and be grateful!"

The yelling woke up Aragorn.  "What was I going to do?" he asked vaguely.

"Break your zillionth board today." Frodo told him.

Yes, the weirdness continued at the Fellowship place.  Some kind of horse monster began spontaneously spawning at the front gate.

"You should try racing with all of these," Ladonna told Gandalf.  "Sure to have a winner in there somewhere."

"Yes, but they get tangled up with more than four legs," Gandalf replied.

"Gonna need a bigger shovel," Jedidiah thought.

Merry continued to share the family stories.

"And that's how Sam nearly froze herself and got taken away by Social Services."

Sam and Frodo grew closer.

Sam went on some bad dates.

Sam has discovered that Lester is Inappropriate.

"Ya think?" Sam said.  "For goodness sake, Lester, this is the junkyard!  Who takes a date to the junkyard?  Well, beside Dad, I mean..."

Pip, in a final blaze of glory and a spectacular butt fire, reached the pinnacle of his career.

The family celebrated with a night at the coffee shop.  But as soon as they got home, Pip decided to retire.  Legolas sighed.

Jedidiah went above and beyond in his dedication to document every single thing the Fellowship did.

Pip decided to take up beekeeping.

"You might want to try the beekeeper's kit," Legolas called from the hot tub.  "They're a little tempermental."

"I got this, Great-Great." Pip told him.

"Man, why can't you make faces like this, Lasse?" Tia giggled, snapping away.

"Elven dignity," Legolas sighed, sinking deeper into the bubbles.

The boys were teaching Frodo the finer points of hustling when Sam burst through the door, full of good news.

"Got the promotion!" she yelled.  "5 Star Chef!"

So now the waiting game began again, and the focus shifted to Frodo.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Stuff Happens
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »
Oooo!  So close Tia!  So close!

*giggles*  I love Pip... it's so funny to watch him.

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - Sam, the Seventh Immortal
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2013, 07:11:28 AM »
Oooo!  So close Tia!  So close!

*giggles*  I love Pip... it's so funny to watch him.

While I'll admit right out that Lasse is my favorite, Pip is such a character!  They've all got such interesting personalities.

Chapter Twenty Six - Sam, The Seventh Immortal

"Hey, Dad?" Gandalf asked Merry, coming in from the cold.  "Who's the new guy over by the lamp post?"

"Not a clue."  Merry responded, his mouth full of cheesy bread.  "Just showed up, he doesn't talk, he doesn't move, it's very strange.  Did you get the cake?"

Gandalf had, and Frodo had his birthday.

It was his first one without his father and he took to his room afterwards.  He'd been inspired by his father to try new writing styles and dedicated his two-volume poetry collection to him.  Iambic Meditations on Mallorn Trees and A Piece of Broken Morning in Galadriel's Mirror.  They had become instant best sellers.

"It's almost time," Pip told Sam, as they played in the sprinklers.  The once huge garden was gone now, a lone gardening station tucked away in the back for emergencies, the trees neglected as Legolas tried new hobbies.  Aragorn heard Boromir's voice, as he often did.

"Tell her we're all proud of her," his brother whispered.   So Aragorn did.

The last Fellowship Graduation rolled around and the family gathered at the school one last time.  Frodo was Valedictorian and voted Most Likely to Offend Others.  The school board sighed in relief as the exploits of the family had worn their way into legend.  Boromir's prize winning art still decorated the halls, next to Merry's hilarious abstract of the principal.  Aragorn's martial arts trophies, Gandalf's chemistry prizes and Sam's home ec awards hung proudly in the trophy cases.  Bottles of Pip's infamous nectar still sat, untouched, in the teacher's lounge, after his unsuccessful attempt to bribe his way to a passing grade.  Even Gimli's scorch marks decorated various hallways. 

And one last sleeping bag.

In a house with seven retired folks and one insane writer, there's a whole lot of "Sweet Home Alabama".  Aragorn tended to get too carried away.

"Girl, I'm comin' home to you!"

"Careful there, Great-Great Strider!" Frodo cautioned.  "You give yourself a stroke, and Great-Great is going to kill you!"

Sam caught up on her reading.  Frodo was about three books ahead of her, and she did her best to keep up with what he was producing.

Gandalf continued to start jam sessions at two in the morning.

Upsetting the rest of them.

"It's foolproof, I tell you," Pip told Aragorn.

"You give the amp to Gimli to detonate, and I'll stuff Gandalf in a sack.  Once we're able to move again, that is."

"Sam?  Are you ready?"  Tia asked. 

"Not yet," she replied.  "Show them the pictures of the house."

Okay.

Sam's kitchen, everyone else's kitchen, the ambrosia room.

Frodo's room, the bathroom, Aragorn's room.

Music room, Gandalf's room, Gimli's room, the gym.

Pip's dungeon, I mean basement.

The clock wound down, and Sam had her birthday.

"Tia!" she yelled.  "Lose the hat!"

"Not a chance," Tia giggled as Merry did the portrait.  "That is adorable!"

"Well, at least I won't freeze again." Sam mumbled.  Then she sat down for her ambrosia.

The seventh Immortal.

Samanthawise Fellowship (Gen seven)
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Virtuoso, Family Oriented, Bookworm, Natural Cook
LTW: Celebrated 5 Star Chef
Property: Equestrian Regional Training Centre
Building: JRA Equestrian Centre
Supermax: Cooking
Career: 5 Star Chef
3 LTR: Born to Cook, Fast Metabolism, Vacationer
6 BlackOps: Raise the Fun(d), Getting to Know...You, Spaaah Marathon, Authorized Biography, Practice Makes Better, Urban Noise
6 Best Friends: Savannah Fellowship, Valerie Fellowship, Susannah Culver, Melanie Barton, Brooke Cornish, Tomas Roy
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2013, 08:34:25 AM »
Way to go, Sam! I love it that the Fellowship has left its mark on the school.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2013, 11:11:39 AM »
Yay!  Way to go Sam!  Way to go Tia!  Congrats ^^  Just one more to go!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
Re: Fellowship of the Dynasty - It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged...
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2013, 09:34:08 AM »
Way to go, Sam! I love it that the Fellowship has left its mark on the school.

Yay!  Way to go Sam!  Way to go Tia!  Congrats ^^  Just one more to go!

Thanks, Marian, Shewolf!  Sam is quite proud of herself.

Chapter Twenty Seven - It Is A Truth Universally Acknowledged...

That a bored Dwarf, in possession of a Masterful Miner, must be in want of a hole.

It looked like so much fun, Legolas got in on the act.

"WHAT ARE WE DIGGING FOR?" Legolas hollered.

"THE JOY OF IT!" Gimli yelled back.

And a caveman suit.

And to watch Aragorn fall in on his way to the footie pitch.

Frodo was having a very productive time.

He liked to shake up his readers, so after his poetry sensations, he started work on the Dark Sports Quartet.

The Last Scout in Mordor
Use the Suit to Recruit for Sauron
Legend of the Sports Agent Morgoth
The Orcs of Summer

Then, in a nod to his Dwarven heritage, he wrote a set of non-fiction books.

Gem Quest in the Misty Mountain
Bifour's Guide to Bikes
Dwarf Bread - Food or Weapon
The Trouble with Smaug

He quickly followed these up with the best selling Rohan Romances:

Lover's Alley in Edoras
Endangered Passion in the Rohan
Lover's Descent in Helm's Deep
Lover's Rising in the Mark

But it was an op from his friend Bernice Dalton that started the science fiction series he would become best known for:

Rohan Trek
RT 2: The Wrath of Wormtongue
RT 3: The Search for Saruman
RT 4: The Voyage to Meduseld
RT 5: The Fangorn Frontier
RT 6: The Undiscovered Caves

Legolas and Gimli met up in the hot tub after another day's hard digging.

"Aragorn's getting pretty ticked at us wrecking the lawn and him falling into holes."  Gimi said.  "Pip is all for it, though, he's diving in headfirst."

"Must be time to change plans, then," Legolas replied.  "How about fishing, if the weather's good?"

Tia stopped fretting at Frodo long enough to notice that Gimli and Legolas were having a nice time, and that their mood bars were completely full, thanks to Gimli hot-wiring Sam's motive mobile.

And so the Fellowship Family Fun Roadtrip was born.

Trips to the movies,

the pub,

the art gallery.

"This is art?" Aragorn asked.

"I don't know," Legolas mused.  "It just makes me want barbeque."

Frodo's adult birthday rolled around and it was decided that a beach party would be nice.

Sam and Pip swam in the chilly water.

"Don't worry, I'm wearing my hat!" Sam called cheerfully.

"Me, too!" Pip laughed.  "No freezing this time.

Gimli challenged Legolas to a drinking game.

Aragorn took the keys away from Gimli.  (Always remember to enjoy your juice responsibly, kids)

Frodo spun some platters, (ask your parents),

And a great time was had by all.

Frodo was an adult.

Pika-la-Cynique, GND

anything