Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 387575 times)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1650 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »
I'd like to see more detailed romantic relationship levels and titles too. Say, it can begin with "crush", then improve to "romantic interest"...or it could begin with "friends with benefits" if the two sims are good friends or more. Afterwards it can become "significant other/boyfriend/girlfriend" but only if both sims decide to go steady.

Overall I'd like to see the Sims 2 relationship handling system return in Sims 4, but even more improved. I supposed this would happen in TS3 but I was wrong; it was lighter than it used to be and that was very disappointing to me.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #1651 on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:14 PM »
I'd like to see more detailed romantic relationship levels and titles too. Say, it can begin with "crush", then improve to "romantic interest"...or it could begin with "friends with benefits" if the two sims are good friends or more. Afterwards it can become "significant other/boyfriend/girlfriend" but only if both sims decide to go steady.

Overall I'd like to see the Sims 2 relationship handling system return in Sims 4, but even more improved. I supposed this would happen in TS3 but I was wrong; it was lighter than it used to be and that was very disappointing to me.

Yes.

I always thought a RI was a crush equivalent (Confess Attraction interaction). Plus, the thought of some Twinbrook girl pregnant at the start of each game disturbs me. Not to mention, the baby's daddy is the girl's RI.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #1652 on: March 19, 2012, 06:32:55 PM »
I think crush added for children would be a good idea. But I think of a crush as a child/teen thing myself. Romantic Interest to me is just that. Someone who they are interested in romantically but as Ricalynn stated not in a committed relationship with at the time. Kind of how people say "they are talking" as in getting to know each other but not exclusive.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #1653 on: March 20, 2012, 05:17:43 AM »
I see a huge difference between crush and romantic interest. Not to make the game overly realistic, but in real life I personally have always experienced a 'middle ground' between crushing on someone and actually being their girlfriend. I'd call that ground the romantic interest part, though I know the wording of 'romantic interest' sounds like the definition of crush. Still, as Kirby said, you wouldn't exactly try for a baby with your crush without there being something more to it, that 'something more' is what romantic interest is. I think even friends with benefits can fit into that category. Personally, I'd hate a whole new friends with benefits relationship level. I don't think it's significant enough to be it's own level, really. I think it does well fitting into the RI category.
I would like to see the crush level being added for teens but maybe not for children. I'm not quite sure about my reasoning behind that, I just don't like the thought of introducing romance to children even if it is just lighthearted. I feel that's beginning to get *too* realistic.

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #1654 on: March 20, 2012, 10:35:17 AM »
I would like to see the crush level being added for teens but maybe not for children. I'm not quite sure about my reasoning behind that, I just don't like the thought of introducing romance to children even if it is just lighthearted. I feel that's beginning to get *too* realistic.
This. I really don't like how realistic that's actually getting. Some of the girls that I babysit that are probably in the 3-5th grade, and they have 'boyfriends' already. I don't think I want that in my game, too. :-\
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1655 on: March 20, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »

I'd like to see the Sims 2 relationship handling system return in Sims 4, but even more improved. I supposed this would happen in TS3 but I was wrong; it was lighter than it used to be and that was very disappointing to me.

Eh! The Sims 2 relationship handling system has always been a bit flawed in my opinion. Not as flawed, but still flawed. I mean, "cheating" on your romantic interest never really made sense to me. It's not cheating at all. Cheating in the Sims world has always been flawed big time in my opinion, and really needs to be fixed. I think the upset from getting caught, should apply to Sims in committed relationships only! That means, if two Sims are Romantic Interests, and Sim A, catches Sim B making out with Sim C, Sim A should be fine, and move on, without any memories, or damage. Then there's the other girl upset because the husband is making out with his wife.  ??? If it were the other way around, it would make more sense. I think a Sim with commitment issues should be less upset, or not upset at all.

And I disagree with height sliders. I don't think they're a good idea.. :-\

I agree. I say no on the height sliders too. I hated that cheat in TS2, and thought it was weird. Real me is exactly 5 ft, and thinks as much as it looks okay in real life, it might look inappropriate in a game.

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
« Reply #1656 on: March 20, 2012, 06:38:22 PM »
This occurred to me when I was playing a Ghost Hunter for the first time today.
Dogs and cats with high [level 5+] hunting skill able to 'hunt' or sniff out ghosts. That would be neat to see in the future of the Sims.

It is often said that animals are more attuned to the supernatural than we are. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KirbyAndKat

• Believers Never Die.
  • Immortal
  • Sorry for constant avatar changing.
« Reply #1657 on: March 20, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
I agree. I say no on the height sliders too. I hated that cheat in TS2, and thought it was weird. Real me is exactly 5 ft, and thinks as much as it looks okay in real life, it might look inappropriate in a game.

First, I'm 5'3"ish, lol.  :)

Plus, height sliders means larger patches and frustrated creators. Some interactions would have to be revised, so our sims don't hug each others lower abdomens or play catch by throwing footballs at chests.

I tend to have loud opinions. So sorry. I got tons of issues, lol. I can also be found on Yahoo! Answers.
Click here to view the best dance crew: I.aM.Me

Kids Of Cherryblossom Drive: New Drama

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1658 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »
I agree with that! The higher patches, super bugs, and complicated animations, is the number two reason, why I am against height sliders. I think even if it were to work out, the idea of Sims having different heights would look inappropriate. Like I said, I'm 5'0" (short stature, at my age), and if I were to create a more accurate Simself using the height sliders, I will end up looking like a teen, even though I'm a younger young adult.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #1659 on: March 22, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »
I would like the ability to train my sims when free will is activated. Like after an action is canceled a certain number of times, Sims will stop doing it automatically. Like when sims play with the sprinkler without being told. I don't want to delete the sprinkler or build a fence and lock the gate, but they won't leave it alone. I also think being able to get sims to do things with out having to tell them would be great. Like when a sim is standing there, mood green he or she would automatically continue a portrait or write a novel. This ability of course would have to have the ability to be reset and turned on/off, but I think it would save some of the irritation I experience when playing near full to completely full households and make multi-tasking between Sims easier.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1660 on: March 23, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »
I think since Evil Sims can steal candy, Good Sims should give candy to babies, toddlers and children. They can get a nice moodlet from it too.  :D

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1661 on: March 23, 2012, 07:16:57 PM »
I remember one of the older Sims games for I can't remember which console, for cooking meals you picked up to 4 ingredients and created one of a number of options based on those ingredient choices. Like to make Waffles you would need, eggs, milk, flour, and a fruit. I would like this in Sims 3, add more ingredients and more meal possibilities.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #1662 on: March 23, 2012, 08:03:23 PM »
I would think it would be cool if there was a boating skill and any sim could buy a boat at the local marina or something. They could add in deep sea fishing and what not. Since technically you probably wouldn't ever catch a shark right off shore.. I don't think anyways.
It would make for some great pictures to see your sim riding around the water on a boat! Maybe even have yachts and stuff too!

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #1663 on: March 23, 2012, 09:13:06 PM »
Or at the very least a rowboat you could take out on a pond to possibly catch better or different fish in deeper water.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #1664 on: March 25, 2012, 09:29:14 PM »
I remember one of the older Sims games for I can't remember which console, for cooking meals you picked up to 4 ingredients and created one of a number of options based on those ingredient choices. Like to make Waffles you would need, eggs, milk, flour, and a fruit. I would like this in Sims 3, add more ingredients and more meal possibilities.

I remember that in the Sims 2 for console. I loved that feature. Different combinations of ingredients meant different dishes with varying effects, like if you added eel to the ingredients then the dish would make a Sim have to use the bathroom or puke. There was also like romantic effects and effects that temporarily boosted your energy, strength etc. It was really neat and they should definitely bring that back somehow.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.