Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 386653 times)

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1950 on: July 28, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
I think it'd be cool if one could actually make any hair style, and choose specific lengths and decide, hey, I want this patch pinned up here, or maybe I'll braid this and, and have this braid behind her ear. But I realize that it'd be extremely difficult to simulate hair. But maybe have it so that hair will bounce as you run. But probably easiest is to play with one's hair. It'd be cool if a nervous sim will take a lock of hair and twist it around there finger, and the hair would aromatically be attached to the head, it'd be funny to see a male with short hair to suddenly pull out a shoulder length lock of hair.

Maybe a gender confused trait, which would make your sim act abnormally like the other gender, but have nothing to do with who the sim would be romantically attracted to. Or an obsessive trait! That would make your sim more likely to become attached to something, and if it gets sold they'd mourn it. But their obsession wold be randomly chosen from among the things your sim uses the most.Something else cool would be an old school expansion featuring objects from the sims 2 and the original sims, like the Murphy Bed (fold up bed Sims 2 Apartment life), Vending Machines (Sims 2 Apartment Life), Massage tables( Sims Superstar and Sims 2 Bon Voyage), Sky Diving Simulator (Sims Superstar), etc. And Aliens!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1951 on: July 28, 2012, 10:31:36 PM »
I like the idea of a starbucks pack :D We've got coffee machines, but making them more interactive would be good. They have coffee in the FB sims that is incoorporated into the cooking skill.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #1952 on: July 29, 2012, 05:52:01 AM »
I just though of something typical from some areas around where I lived last year. Couldn't vandals or mean-spirited kids or teens break windows? In fact, Vandal would be an interesting new trait. Live for destruction... Something that we only have in detonating stuff in Ambitions. Adding creativity to destruction and variety to crime would be brilliant. How about having a bank? Then one could have theft, muggings, credit card fraud. On the positive side one could also have savings, investments, and each sim would have its own financial state. Like a rich, selfish dad with a broke son... Wills will also make matters far more interesting.
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #1953 on: July 29, 2012, 12:28:29 PM »
I just though of something typical from some areas around where I lived last year. Couldn't vandals or mean-spirited kids or teens break windows? In fact, Vandal would be an interesting new trait. Live for destruction... Something that we only have in detonating stuff in Ambitions. Adding creativity to destruction and variety to crime would be brilliant. How about having a bank? Then one could have theft, muggings, credit card fraud. On the positive side one could also have savings, investments, and each sim would have its own financial state. Like a rich, selfish dad with a broke son... Wills will also make matters far more interesting.

Though its not official there are mods that do things similar to this.  twallan has a mod for part time employment as a Delinquent its a rabbit hole part time job, which include levels like "vandal" "graffiti artist" and "thug".  twallan also has a inheritance mod where you get money/items passed down to you from your family.

:)

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #1954 on: July 29, 2012, 01:59:13 PM »
Ok, gonna have a cup of tea now while beating myself up for not discovering this forum and it awesome members two or more years ago!
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #1955 on: July 29, 2012, 05:27:32 PM »
For everyone who wishes for seasons as an improvement. I think it's safe to say that this will come. On the Dutch facebook they're hinting and there are a lot of listings.
I'd like the idea of a bank too. I don't know if someone said this, but in the sims 2 sims could get sick. I'd like for that to come back too. Healthy sims rearly get sick, but if your sim doesn't sleep enough or doesn't fulfill needs then he will get sick. I think that would be interesting.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #1956 on: July 29, 2012, 06:26:39 PM »
For everyone who wishes for seasons as an improvement. I think it's safe to say that this will come. On the Dutch facebook they're hinting and there are a lot of listings.
I'd like the idea of a bank too. I don't know if someone said this, but in the sims 2 sims could get sick. I'd like for that to come back too. Healthy sims rearly get sick, but if your sim doesn't sleep enough or doesn't fulfill needs then he will get sick. I think that would be interesting.

I think it might, every now and then (if I remember correctly) I'll catch my sim sneezing/coughing... at least I think that's what they are doing.  Also if you're into mods twallan has just released a "diseases" mod, you have to pay for treatment, get inoculated and have everything from goofy to fatal diseases. 

:)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1957 on: July 29, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »
As I sit here watching the Olympics, there are several activities that I wish were in the game, including beach volleyball and archery, as well as table tennis and Horseshoes.  Frankly, I'm surprised horseshoes didn't come with pets.

I also think different kinds of fishing poles should be available, with different poles being better for catching different fish, which combined with bait, could raise the chances of catching high quality specific fish.  Even just one pole that is better for fresh water fish and one better for saltwater fish would be nice.

And I want water balloon fights too.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1958 on: July 29, 2012, 08:24:12 PM »
They should release a Sports themed expansion. Football, Soccer, Basketball, better Golf, more gym equipment like an elliptical and free weights, track and field events for the school, better stuff for swimming such as an option to swim laps with lane markers, and waterslides. With more sporty-type clothes, shoes, swimwear etc. I would love this.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #1959 on: July 29, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »
They should release a Sports themed expansion. Football, Soccer, Basketball, better Golf, more gym equipment like an elliptical and free weights, track and field events for the school, better stuff for swimming such as an option to swim laps with lane markers, and waterslides. With more sporty-type clothes, shoes, swimwear etc. I would love this.

I'm a bit hearbroken that you just left out diving boards! >:(  No, don't take that seriously, I'm not mad.  And not mean enough to get that mad over something like that.  But if they ever release a sports expansion, I won't buy it unless it's confirmed that we get our diving boards!  Ahhh, diving boards.  I've watched the videos on uoutube, the sims just loved those things...  So I hope that one day they'll bring them back!  I also hope that they'll give sims more fast food options, not just catching the food truck from late night, but deciding what they order too, and they would get a greasy delight moodlet or something like that, or the same old same old mmmm, greasy.  Moodlet.  Which brings me to the fact that I really wish they could order what they eat in the restaurants.
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #1960 on: July 29, 2012, 10:54:35 PM »
DIVING BOARDS. How could I forget this!!!! I'm so disappointed in myself!!!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1961 on: July 29, 2012, 11:51:02 PM »
Well, I don't know if it's been said before or even done in one of the expansions, but I'd like an instruments stuff pack.  I know that Late Night brought drums, keyboard, and bass, and that the base game has a guitar, but I really wish for more.  I'd like a cello, and maybe a violin.  Maybe trumpets and other wind instruments - there could be a marching band!

I also think that it'd be cute to be able to clip important articles out of the newspaper and hang them up.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #1962 on: July 30, 2012, 05:41:12 AM »
Well, I don't know if it's been said before or even done in one of the expansions, but I'd like an instruments stuff pack.  I know that Late Night brought drums, keyboard, and bass, and that the base game has a guitar, but I really wish for more.  I'd like a cello, and maybe a violin.  Maybe trumpets and other wind instruments - there could be a marching band!

I also think that it'd be cute to be able to clip important articles out of the newspaper and hang them up.

I'd love for my sims to be able to play the violin!

About sports I'd love to see ice skating, figure skating. I also wouldn't mind more ballet for the kids and older sims.
If they put in diving boards (what I agree on would be great) I'd love to see sims do back flips and other cool tricks. Maybe something like a hidden diving board skill :P

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #1963 on: July 30, 2012, 07:41:34 AM »
I'd love for my sims to be able to play the violin!

About sports I'd love to see ice skating, figure skating. I also wouldn't mind more ballet for the kids and older sims.
If they put in diving boards (what I agree on would be great) I'd love to see sims do back flips and other cool tricks. Maybe something like a hidden diving board skill :P
Now that would be amazing! I wish that sims could sit on the edge of their bed and practice guitar.  And that sims could teach them how to play guitar, helping them level up a skill.  I don't know if they can do this, but I've never seen them do it.  And If EA ever did that, I think that it could be a full expansion pack.  I mean, they could add more options for the type of music that you could play,  add some guitar moves, add flutes, trumpets, violins, stuff that would make up a band, and then your teenager sim could be in a marching band, and it would also be cool if the kids could play instruments too.  I mean, there has been three year olds in real life that well, at least they try, to play the piano!  I saw it on youtube, they're not very good at it, I mean, you know, for a three year old it's good, but, you know, for somebody a little older, and I'm getting off topic so I'll stop my sentance there.  But It would be great if EA did an expansion pack for that!  Or a stuff pack!  I like this thread. :)
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
    • Deviant
« Reply #1964 on: July 30, 2012, 07:51:50 AM »
Now that would be amazing! I wish that sims could sit on the edge of their bed and practice guitar.  And that sims could teach them how to play guitar, helping them level up a skill.  I don't know if they can do this, but I've never seen them do it.  And If EA ever did that, I think that it could be a full expansion pack.  I mean, they could add more options for the type of music that you could play,  add some guitar moves, add flutes, trumpets, violins, stuff that would make up a band, and then your teenager sim could be in a marching band, and it would also be cool if the kids could play instruments too.  I mean, there has been three year olds in real life that well, at least they try, to play the piano!  I saw it on youtube, they're not very good at it, I mean, you know, for a three year old it's good, but, you know, for somebody a little older, and I'm getting off topic so I'll stop my sentance there.  But It would be great if EA did an expansion pack for that!  Or a stuff pack!  I like this thread. :)

I usually don't buy stuff packs but if it includes more instruments and kids being able to play instruments then I'll will get it!