Author Topic: Future Sim Improvement Ideas  (Read 386620 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: What do you wish the Sims 3 had?
« Reply #1800 on: May 27, 2012, 11:10:23 PM »
I will indeed merge this with the existing thread.  Also, remember that the Babble Board is for things NOT related to Sims 3, so this would be an off-topic thread anyway.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: Future Sim Improvement and New Items Ideas
« Reply #1801 on: May 28, 2012, 04:46:47 AM »
I had an idea yesterday when I was playing my Dreamers. I was trying to get a surprise birthday party going on, and it was so annoying to do! Trying to get the birthday sim in and out of rooms and then maneuvering through the millions of movie maker cheats to try and get a surprised expression.. Then when they get the surprised expression and I take the screenie, some sim comes over in front of my sim! Fantastic!! ::) So I had to do the screenies but without cheats because the expressions were too hard to capture. I'm going to have a hard time making it look like a surprise when it comes to writing time. :P

So yea, I'd love it if they included some sort of surprise-party thing where other sims organise a party for one sim that they don't know about. You could have extra features, like choosing which sims know about it and then perhaps every sim has the option to tell the birthday sim and ruin the surprise. ;D They could make it so that if the sim was a celebrity then news of the surprise party would hit the tabloids and stuff. I think it'd be cool, and it'd save me all yesterday's hassle!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #1802 on: May 28, 2012, 10:28:56 AM »
I would love a Staff Stuff Pack.
Liftboy, improved butler, driver, coock, gardener, teacher at home for the kids, body guards. And all they can live at home.
You should be able to start a employees' Council with negotiation room to give new work hours and salary. And you should be able to build them a nice apartment aside from your over the top mansion or have seperate rooms for them.

You could decide which one is working where. That means: one butler and coock for the West Wing, and another one for the East Wing. That kind of things.

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #1803 on: May 29, 2012, 01:26:08 AM »
I wish they would put more effort into the schools!  You know, actually have you be able to go inside the school.  Also, it gets extremely boring when you want those kids around forever, so you turn off aging, and then you have to take up time by making them do homework!  What I think they should have is, you guessed it, summer vacations!  I also wish that kids could get suspended.  I mean seriously, I know i would get suspended if I flooded the school and got caught!  OH, and I kind of wish that they would make a stuff pack.  It would be called "In the office stuff"  it would feature stuff like the slidable keyboard I am using now, would add more detail into computers, give you MORE computers, give you airconditionars, way more junk that you could use to clutter up your sims desk, filing cabinets,  oh! and it would also have a choice of what computer games you play.  I also think that they should make typing a skill,  and maybe they would make secratary a career that went along with that typing skill?  Oh, and, my big dream, the option for kids to use a dictionary, click expand vocabulary, and then get the option to wow grownups with their vocabulary, and then...the grownups would just stand there for like an hour like they were in a zone. 8)
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline bamjo92

• Townie
  • Don't you just hate steroetypes?
« Reply #1804 on: May 29, 2012, 10:49:14 AM »
I think children should earn random skill points while at the public schools.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1805 on: May 29, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
I think we need different types of sprinklers. Not just the one that goes up and down, but the one that goes in a circle.

Leto85

« Reply #1806 on: May 29, 2012, 04:12:35 PM »
I think we need different types of sprinklers. Not just the one that goes up and down, but the one that goes in a circle.

That would be a nice addon. But will it influence the garden in any way?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #1807 on: May 29, 2012, 04:39:19 PM »
I wonder what it would be like if some Sims had diseases like Cancer. I mean, not die from it, but if they had it.

I think EA will get into a lot of trouble for that.

SimsLover101

« Reply #1808 on: May 29, 2012, 05:03:18 PM »
MORE HORSES IN PETS!!

Offline Sara2573

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1809 on: May 29, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »
I think EA will get into a lot of trouble for that.

I know. It is just curiosity. I am fine without any kind of disease on the Sims. Diseases are just really annoying, because all my Sims could do when they were sick on the Sims 2 was sleep. They also would contaminate the whole household and I could never get everyone better, because it was so contagious. So I'm fine without any diseases on the Sims. :)
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.  :D

Offline Galena

• Townie
« Reply #1810 on: May 29, 2012, 05:12:01 PM »
I wonder what it would be like if some Sims had diseases like Cancer. I mean, not die from it, but if they had it.

It would be fun if they had diseases like the guinea pig disease ( from The Sims 1), or the diseases from The Sims 2.  Silly diseases that give you sim a bad moodlet, and make them sneeze and cough, and such.
My Builds
Sweetwater Cafe and Nectary
Growing Family Home
Sunset Valley Fire Department
Savey Simoleon Mall
I welcome suggestions and constructive criticism about any of my builds on their threads.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1811 on: May 29, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
Major diseases like Cancer would be too extreme and upsetting to some who have had experiences with the disease. A minor thing though like a cold would be fine in my opinion though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Sara2573

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1812 on: May 29, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
Major diseases like Cancer would be too extreme and upsetting to some who have had experiences with the disease. A minor thing though like a cold would be fine in my opinion though.

I know that. Honestly, I don't really want any diseases that could make my Sim die. I would be fine with a minor cold, maybe the flu. Chicken pox! xD Once I thought my Sim had the chicken pox on the Sims 2...apparently they just had dots on them.. I still don't know why they had dots on them... But I agree, Cancer is too extreme.
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.  :D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1813 on: May 29, 2012, 08:39:29 PM »
I would like to be able to see a sims traits from the family view when you click on them in your library (and for that matter, a whole lot more info, like job, skills etc), or when you click on the household in edit town. I often just use the same sim that I have created and give them different traits, so working out which is which can be a pain.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #1814 on: May 30, 2012, 12:40:10 AM »
That would be a nice addon. But will it influence the garden in anyway?

I didn't fully think of it, really. I impulsively thought of it yesterday, on the holiday. LOL! Now, I do see it helping. It could get the plants in our Sims' garden, say, you have plants all around. I just thought mostly of the Sims ages 5 and up, that love the outdoors, and/or stay childish well into their teen/adulthood.   :)) Anything besides the sprinkler that goes back and forth. I think my Sims are getting bored of it, even with the waterslide in Generations, which I had to steal Pam's idea with the toddler races to keep it interesting. (Sorry Pam! :-[)

Maybe Sims could have squirt guns (remember those super soakers when we were kids?), water balloon launchers, and other water activities. I'm running out of ideas.