Author Topic: Sims 3 - The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread  (Read 1065923 times)

Aiwe

Re: The Official Building/Remodeling Showboat Thread
« Reply #375 on: September 25, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »
I like the daisy house, I can kind of see what you mean by the green bit being a stem, although when you originally described that I kind of pictured a curled over stem for some reason, over-active imagination I guess.

Anyway, having got the challenge I was working on out of the way I've gone back to working on my tree house, and I've kind of run into a problem.

This is what it currently looks like from the front (not much changed from before apart from the colours).

And this is what it looks like from the back.

I like both, but I'm not sure they really belong to the same house, so what I might do is save what I've got to the library and then make two different versions, one from the part at the front and one from the part at the back.

It's also a little more expensive than I'd like it to be at the moment, but that's a separate issue.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #376 on: September 25, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »
Very nice tree house!  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mtglady

• Global Moderator
  • Immortal
  • Enjoy life and The Sims!
« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2010, 03:18:29 PM »
Thomas, I love the layout and looks of this house and just went to the exchange to download and could not find it.  I also looked on your page (which I have bookmarked  ;D) and can't find it there either. 
Please try to upload again when you get a chance.  Thanks a bunches!
Read the Forum Rules, they were written for a reason!  
Visit the Sims 3 Swap Shop.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »
When I tried uploading it it said upload failed so I will try again tomorrow.  :) Thanks!  :D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »
Beautiful house, Thomas.  I'll probably snag that one, too.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2010, 06:33:35 AM »
I think it's love, Joria.  Well done.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »
It's beautiful Joria! I've always had this idea to construct a play house but have never gotten around to actually designing one. Your little Kinder Kottage is fantastic and, with the cribs inside, parents don't need to worry about restless children, boisterous teens, or rowdy friends waking up the little ones from their much needed naps.

The little quiet area for chess looks perfect.

Well done!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #382 on: October 06, 2010, 03:51:15 AM »
Thank you!  I play tested the park today and it was a huge success with one exception.  I had to take out one of the lamps from the Kottage.  I moved the bunny trash forward and the potties as well and put one lamp behind them but the other had to go.  Sims couldn't access the cribs.  One square more and it would have worked but the lamps weren't that necessary anyway.

I had a birthday party there.  It was really cool to see all the guests come all happy, bringing their own food to grill and playing with all the stuff.  The hosts really didn't have to do a thing to make them happy.  Of course, I was so excited I didn't save.  Need I say more?  Fortunately the park itself was saved so all I lost was the actual party, and I got the information I needed. If you build it, they will come.  lol

My Sims were finally quite wealthy so I spent the rest of today remodeling the "museum" area,(aka the basement), and put some decorative touches on the upstairs.  Now to get gen 3 on the way!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #383 on: October 07, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »
Good start!  Your emitter needs to be in the middle of at least a 6x6 square otherwise they'll end up swimming through the walls :)

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2010, 04:11:54 AM »
Thomas,  waaaaahhhh!   I wanna see the house!  All I get is there is no photo bucket shot.  I know it's going to be fabulous, and definitely will be a download!  You always do great houses.

My photobucket was all messed up and I had to clean it and sort it and it broke several links, I don't know which ones but anyway here is that house.

I have just made a house that I didn't even plan to make, I just made it. I think it turned out quite well if you ask me. It has no furniture but it is already pushing the $65,000. So I decided to call it a build and upload it. So here it is!

French Villa
Lot Size - 30x30
Price - $60-65,000.
Link to Download: Not Available - Launcher is messing Up.
No CC or Store Items
May Include some items from WA/A/FL

Just re-uploaded since I forgot to upload the house!  :)

Download - It still isn't furnished but it is decorated.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #385 on: October 09, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »
Good start!  Your emitter needs to be in the middle of at least a 6x6 square otherwise they'll end up swimming through the walls :)

Yep, which mine do.  Lol.  It was an experiment so I'm not totally unhappy with it.  It was my learning experience.

My photobucket was all messed up and I had to clean it and sort it and it broke several links, I don't know which ones but anyway here is that house.

Just re-uploaded since I forgot to upload the house!  :)

Download - It still isn't furnished but it is decorated.

It is FABULOUS!!!!  I love this house!  (runs off to download it)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #386 on: October 10, 2010, 03:34:41 AM »
Thanks Joria!  ;D

I might furnish it sometime today or during the week since I don't like having unfinished projects!  :D

Aiwe

« Reply #387 on: October 12, 2010, 09:02:20 AM »
Aiwe, can I live in your tree house please?  It is a dream house.  I don't mind that the front and back are so different.  I rather like it that way but can see where breaking it up into two different houses would be great also.  Let us know when you've done the two separate ones and please show us.

You can indeed live in the house, or at least your Sims can it's available for download http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3158368 (It doesn't have Custom Content, but I'm not sure about whether it has non-basegame stuff... well I know it has a couple of free store items e.g. the thanksgiving candle thing... if that's a problem I'm sure someone can remove this link) it's been up a while actually but for some reason I didn't think to link it.

Haven't done any work on the separate ones yet (or in fact played at all recently) because I've been a busy little beaver with other things, but when I get around to it I'll post pictures.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #388 on: October 12, 2010, 01:11:38 PM »
Aiwe, as you may know I've been doing a pet project of mine which is to remodel Twinbrook.  All that doom and gloom just gets to me, (though it would be the perfect town for vampires and zombies!)  So I've been adding lots in strange places and putting houses on them.  I used your tree house on one of those lots, intending it to be a "hangout" for kids.  Didn't happen! lol  While it "could" be a hangout for kids, I was just having too much fun with it.  So I made a few modifications, (hope you don't mind).  I made the bedroom into a full octagon and put a bathroom in half that octagon.  The idea of stumbling down those stairs in the middle of the night gave me shivers. lol  Then I took the bathroom and made it into a small kid's room with a sink and toilet in it.  Not very elegant but worked.  I'm going to enlarge the pond some and put in a garden.  The thing is, it is a perfect plan for Twinbrook because of it being mostly elevated.  I did not put it on a particularly swampy lot, but it would have worked perfectly there.

Some of the lots I'm adding in are very small, only 20x20.  So if anyone has any great ideas for building on something that small, I'd love to see it.  It could be a community lot or a family lot but it would be a fun challenge to do.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #389 on: October 12, 2010, 01:57:33 PM »
Some of the lots I'm adding in are very small, only 20x20.  So if anyone has any great ideas for building on something that small, I'd love to see it.  It could be a community lot or a family lot but it would be a fun challenge to do.

What about a community lot devoted to skilling? Easels, martial arts, inventor's bench, etc.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin