Author Topic: *Please send to graveyard* The Almeria Random Town Jump  (Read 22168 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 19
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »
Wow, triplets? Crazy.

YAY for a coming nooboo! Ariel isn't exactly...the best when it comes to flirting, is she?

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 19
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
Wow, triplets? Crazy.

YAY for a coming nooboo! Ariel isn't exactly...the best when it comes to flirting, is she?

I'm excited about the triplets and the nooboo!

Ariel is...trying at least. I thought Carlos reaction when she wanted to try for baby so funny I had to include it.

I'm excited to have a chapter up again - it's been ages!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
What to expect when you are expecting; part 1
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2013, 12:21:03 PM »
I'm sorry everyone (and myself) for not being nearly as good at updating this story as I'd like to be. It's not that I don't find the family interesting, it's just that I have suddenly gotten so swamped at work (end of term and there is crazy paperwork to do) and that I lately have been on a building binge. I still play the file, just not for the hours upon hours at a time I used to have for it. So this is going to be a short update with the screenshots I have so far. Not a proper chapter, more of a chapter 0.5 if you will.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some sims have eventful pregnancies (I once had a sims who threw up 13 times!) filled with drama, family emergencies and strange cravings. Ariel didn't have any of that. She had a rocking chair and all was right in the world. She didn't even let a small thing like the paparazzi hanging around the house in his swim trunks faze her.

In fact, she had what almost looked like a smirk on her face. Maybe it was because she became feindishly delighted when he got a sunburn? Or managed to pee himself? Or fainted?

I guess other sims would have invited the unfortunate soul to come inside at this point. But being both shy and socially awkward she really wasn't comfortable speaking with this stranger - besides her evil side found so much delight in his plight.

Besides, no one else was home to judge her, and if they questioned her behavior she'd say it was pregnancy hormones. Being pregnant was very good, very good indeed.

Diana was following in her fathers footsteps and had taken up busking while deciding if becoming a rock star was really her thing. In just 2 hours she'd made more than 5 times what her father ever made. Sad but true. It just goes to show that sims appreciate music differently in different towns.

She also tried to visit her three new nieces, but neither Marta or Goopy were home. She did see Montoya and one of the girls crawling around inside, so she hoped they at least had hired a babysitter. But if there was one, s/he refused to answer the door.

Carlos was called to an emergency at the grocery store.

He drew quite the crowd, even some vampires showed up to gawk at the scene. They were burning in the sun but couldn't tear themselves away from the drama.

Civilians weren't the only ones freaking out. Even the other fire fighters were scared to go inside the supermarket. (Yes that is Marta and Goopy hanging out in the park with Johnny Jones, I guess that answers where they are when the kids are home alone).

In her own little happy world Ariel celebrated by buying some ice cream from the conveniently placed truck. Yes, being pregnant was very good indeed.

Even with his very physically demanding job Carlos still had time to get some workout done when he came home. It helped him keep his stress levels down, and now that he was becoming a father that suddenly seemed like a great idea.

Next time the Almerias are throwing a party, a party with an unexpected visitor.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 20
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2013, 12:31:34 PM »
Heh. Pregnancy seems to suit Ariel quite well. I only hope she feels the same when the nooboo arrives. A party with an unexpected visitor? Hmm...I hope that visitor isn't who I think it is... :/

I understand completely about the whole swamped at work thing. It's difficult to find the time to play and write when you're beset with deadlines. (though in my case it's not paperwork, just data...tons and tons of data...holy cow!) Life knows how to get in the way of fun, that's for certain. :P

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2013, 12:38:35 PM »
Heh. Pregnancy seems to suit Ariel quite well. I only hope she feels the same when the nooboo arrives. A party with an unexpected visitor? Hmm...I hope that visitor isn't who I think it is... :/

I understand completely about the whole swamped at work thing. It's difficult to find the time to play and write when you're beset with deadlines. (though in my case it's not paperwork, just data...tons and tons of data...holy cow!) Life knows how to get in the way of fun, that's for certain. :P

I know right! She parked herself in that rocking chair and wouldn't get up. And if I made her get up - she ran back as soon as I turned my eyes somewhere else. I hope she'll feel the same way about having an actual baby in her arms, she's popping wishes left and right about having both a boy and a girl, so I haven't interfeared in the process in any way. It's going to be interesting to see what they have.

Work is absolutely crazy right now because there are so many final tests to give out and grading to be done. I hope I still have some sim time, erhm I mean me time. :P

SimBlip

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2013, 06:28:39 AM »
Ariel is such a character! Her 'seduction technique' in the previous chapter had me in stitches. And during this pregnancy, she manages to make me smile and creep me out at the same time.

Hey, give yourself a pat on the shoulder. You obviously have a lot going on right now and you are still writing!
(...unlike moi  :-[ )

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2013, 06:13:41 AM »
Ariel is such a character! Her 'seduction technique' in the previous chapter had me in stitches. And during this pregnancy, she manages to make me smile and creep me out at the same time.

Hey, give yourself a pat on the shoulder. You obviously have a lot going on right now and you are still writing!
(...unlike moi  :-[ )

Thanks SimBlip. Three more weeks to go and then summer time, I'm really looking froward to it. Today I'm home sick so I hope to get enough screenshots for another update.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2013, 06:59:17 PM »
Today I'm home sick so I hope to get enough screenshots for another update.

Yuck. Home sick sucks big time. Hope you feel better. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
What to expect when you are expecting; part 2
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2013, 06:08:49 AM »
Long time no see my friends. Now that I have crawled out of my fever haze I bring you the next part in the Almeria tale.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The family was throwing yet another party, because Carlos LTW was Super Popular and being a firefighter didn't really give him a lot of time to socialize on company time. There was always an emergency calling him away at the precise moment he was getting ready to shoot the breeze with someone.

Ariel: Dr. Jones I presume?
Diana: Actually, it's intern at the moment, surgeon when I'm done.
Ariel: Well, I've heard so much about you from your husband, and I'm trilled to have you at our house.
Diana: Thank you for inviting me.

Ariel: It's so nice to meet someone in the medical field, since I'm having a baby. Maybe you could give me a free checkup?
Diana: Uhm, I don't think so. I'm not into that kind of medicie *shudders*
Ariel: Oh well, *awkward silence* enjoy yourself *hurries of in another direction*

Despite her initial awkwardness Diana had a good time at the party.

Diana: Hey, aren't you sister with that wonderful guitar player Diana A? I just love her music!

Carlos boss lady showed up and revealed her charms, maybe she needs back surgery so she wont look like she's in pain all the time.

Adora and Diana really hit it off.

Adora: Sure you feel like you are preforming all the time, but out watcher mostly just wants us to work and have parties so it's not that bad.
Diana: But these watchers, they force you to have kids!
Adora: Yes, they need the "heir" as they say, but really it's not so bad...
Diana: But kids! KIDS! I'm never getting a watcher - I'm going to have a long talk with Johnny and if he got one as a publicity stunt I don't know how I'll react.
Adora: Sometimes you don't even know they are there, you could have had a watcher all along...
Diana: Like I'm all of a sudden going to feel the need to procreate? I don't think so!

Later that night Carlos realized he hadn't spent nearly enough time with Marta's family in a while.

Goopy: Wow, you are a firefighter! That is sooo cool!

Diana Jones entertained the party with scary stories, so scary that Adora's hair rose off her back!

Ariel decided to seek some solitude after her initial foot in mouth moment, and spent most of the party out by the fire pit roasting marshmallows. Because if you eat a lot of sweets your babies are going to be yummy, um, sweet too.

Johhny J arrived when most of the guests had already gone home, and the household mostly were in bed.

Johnny: Help! Help! The woman is in labor!
Ariel: Shut up Johnny, can't you see I'm concentrating here?

Johnny: Help! Help!
Ariel: Johnny! Calm down, I've got a lot on my plate without your caterwauling, I'll give you anything if you just be quite!
Johnny: Like votes, campaign donations, what are we talking about here?
Ariel: Money, votes you name it - I'll even name the baby after you, just be quite and wake up Carlos!
Johnny: Deal! *thinks to himself* I've got to use this tactic in the future...

Ariel went out in torrential rain and took a long subway journey to the hospital - Carlos barely made it there in time, even if he had a firetruck to drive in.

We welcome John Almeria to the family. (Ariel thought Johnny would be a bit much).

The happy but tired family took a long cab ride home, arriving in the wee hours of the morning.

Carlos: Make it stop! Why did I want kids in the first place!

Poor Carlos, exhausted by the long night he was immediately reminded of why kids can be a pain in the behind.

Ariel*thinking* I know I should be annoyed at you for messing with your father, but I find I like it. And you my little sweetie, cry for momma, cry baby, cry.

Even if she liked others misery her maternal instincts soon took over and the little sweetheart was given his bottle.

And when John had received his, it was time for mommy's reward.

Ariel: All my plans have come to fruition! A candy machine just for me! In knew this motherhood gig was a hit the moment I read about in on the forum!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

The newest Almeria says hi everyone! He's athletic and excitable btw, kind of forgot to mention that.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Almeria Random Town Jump; chapter 21
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »
If only Diana knew what was really happening...

Welcome little John! Such a nice way to tie this story in to the Joneses.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2013, 07:33:18 AM »
If only Diana knew what was really happening...

Welcome little John! Since a nice way to tie this story in to the Joneses.

I know, Diana would be really freaked out I think  ::)

I wanted to tie it in, since I'm a big fan, but I didn't want to mess up Ausette's timeline either.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »
Ariel is such a blast  ;D! Let's hope she doesn't torment her son too much. That Athletic trait could set him up for all sorts of careers, including the criminal track.

I'm very touched you named your heir after "my" Sim  :). Feel free to mess with the timeline as much as you like; the Joneses are present in every version of Bridgeport, so there's going to be hundreds of alternate versions of them anyway.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2013, 09:12:11 PM »
Oh Ariel...babies are not your personal candy dispensers!

Welcome to little John. Hopefully he turns out to be a little less evil than his mommy. :P

SimBlip

« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
I was so glad maternal instincts kicked in until "a candy machine... just for me" Oh no!
It made me laugh so hard and really I shouldn't have. Poor Johnny.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2013, 04:41:24 AM »
Poor Johnny in deed ;D

The Amlerias are on hiatus at the moment. I will probably get back to them once IP has been released and I've played with that for a while.