Author Topic: Running a Resort Hints/Tips  (Read 146195 times)

Offline michelle8731

• Nooboo
Re: Running a Resort Hints/Tips
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »
Heather, it might be worth hiring at least one maintenance worker to avoid the annoyance. They can go in on their own without "checking in."

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 07:54:58 PM »
Do you know which private island it was?

It's the large island on the top left. Thats the science centre and Junkyard on the island to the right.

So which traits do you guys recommend for a Resort Mogul sim?

I've been thinking of Natural Cook, Handy and Neat, assuming that your sims has to provide food for the guests? And being able to fix and clean things faster surely can't hurt. Do you have to interact with the guests a lot, in wich case charismatic and such become viable?

In fact a resort owner does not have to do any of the above! Buffet tables will provice food for your sim and hotel maintenance staff will take care of cleaning and repairs (though your sim can help with cleaning outside if needed, but not in the VIP rooms). I spoke to maybe two guests, very briefly, in the time it took to complete the LTW. It was really more based on how much money you can pour into it.

My single best recommendation would be to serve only high quality food and have at least 3 or 4 tables with different food styles on each. Ideally, if you can afford it and have the space, get 8 tables, 1 for each food type.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mrstank

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
Has anyone figured out how the VIP access works?  I'm so confused by it!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2013, 09:52:35 PM »
Has anyone figured out how the VIP access works?  I'm so confused by it!

I am unsure about how it works when you are visiting a resort (I imagine it is an option when you check in?), but when you are building your own resort, you can use the guest suite blueprints or build your own VIP rooms, and on the entry door (or doors, if more than one), click the door in live mode and "add VIP access" or something to that effect. Each room needs it's own "room number" (0, 1, 2, etc). You can have more than one room set to "number 0" for instance, so the guest checked into that room number will be able to enter all of the rooms numbered 0.
You only need to add access to the outer doors, ex. a bathroom that is only accessible from within the suite does not need it.

Hope this helps!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
Having played a bit with the resort, one of the things I found helped out was having 3 buffet tables.  One I rotated through the day of breakfast, lunch, and dinner, one I rotated vegetarian, sushi, dimsum and the last I rotate between kids (daytime) and dessert (evening).  a bit of micromanaging through the day, but the food reviews have gone way up.

And I found that the stained old tub at the free starter resort Hobart's Hideaway sells for 1000 simoleans, a nice infusion of cash to get those buffets rolling!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline michelle8731

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »
Selling all those Buckhorn plants is nice bump in the cash department too. They sell for 40 each, and I was able to get a lot of flower bushes that were cheaper in their place since one of the original reviews when I got the resort said it needed more vegetation and landscaping. I also got rid of all the brambles just because they were ugly, but they sell for 0 Simoleans!

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2013, 01:01:19 PM »
My resort is 4 and half stars now and it's Friday of week 1.
It seems to improve half a star everyday for me if all guests are satisfied and no complaining.
Perhaps this is the rate of increase as long as improvements are being made everyday?
I've done everything creamyoghurt99 said, thank you very much for the tips. I also noticed two things:
1. The pool size need to be an ok size, if too small the guest will complain.
2. You can delete a few pre-placed shrubs and it'd give you some money to improve more important things like buffet and drinks.
However it is necessary to keep some trees and flowers or so, otherwise someone might complain about no landscape.

For me there is a glitch somehow, about resort profits sometimes not being correctly registered to the sim's LTW panel.
The first time she was in a rabbit hole and second time I was micro-managing another sim and wasn't focused on her.
I now make sure she is idle and active on 7am sharp just to receive the credits, how weary!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »
I know it's probably overkill but I went ahead and just started putting 8 buffet tables in all my resorts.   One table for each type of food.  Now no one can complain.  Of course I make decent money in other ways so it's ok for me to do this plus make sure it's all high quality.

My favorite part is the fact that I think there is a wedding at a resort every day of the week.  Now if only we could make them woohoo in the resorts.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2013, 06:32:46 PM »
You can. If you click on the resort tower, you can choose "Woohoo with..." or "Try for a Baby with...". I don't know if it works with individual rooms though.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2013, 06:34:28 PM »
That's not what I meant.   Story Progression has been broken since Pets and townie children aren't born without mods.  Since the resorts push non played Sims to get married I was hoping, there was a way to make it push them to woohoo. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
Ahh, thank you! Sorry!
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline cutedazy

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
I can't seem to get past 4 1/2 stars. The guests keep saying the pool is dirty and unchlorinated but I have chlorinate on the pool. I'm playing La Costa Verde, Sparkling Sands and Hobart's Hideaway. It's kind of depressing.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »
How's your maintenance staff?

Do all of the pools at the resort(s) in question have the same issue?

What happens if you try to replace the pool?

Offline cutedazy

• Nooboo
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2013, 07:30:51 PM »
I've got two high quality maintenance sims at each resort. Two resorts get that message.... although this time I got a note on one that you can keep anything clean with enough chemicals so... maybe that pool is fixed. I just placed a pool at Hobart's Hideaway so we'll see if I get that message there.

Edit: Pool is fixed! And I now have my five star resort.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »
Ah ha, so the culprit was a bugged pool?

Congratulations on the 5 star :)

anything