Author Topic: Running a Resort Hints/Tips  (Read 146210 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Running a Resort Hints/Tips
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:38:38 AM »
If you have been playing a Resort, share your hints and tips on how to run a good resort or share with us what sort of features the new Resorts bring to the game! :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline LucreziaBorgia

• Nooboo
Re: Running a Resort Hints/Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:10:13 AM »
Read the reviews the guests left.

(Edited by Lilygirl for spelling)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:57 AM »
I apologize, I wish I could help out but I don't even have the expansion yet. Just wanted to gush about the news resorts feature. I have always wanted to create a Sim based on one of my favorite Dragon Quest characters, the innkeeper girl Erin from Dragon Quest IX and have her run her own inn, and now I can!  ;D

I know there is going to be a LTW requiring you to run a resort.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:38:37 AM »
I think Lucrezia means guests not quests.  I haven't run across any quests yet.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline LucreziaBorgia

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 11:08:11 AM »
Ah,yes.  :-[ Sorry for the typo.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »
It's not a problem.  We all typo on occasion. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
So far it seems that my resort owner sim is able to live completely on the resort. There is a resort on the island that can be purchased at no cost. I would suggest buying the smallest size houseboat as it only cost me $240, then just live on the resort and use the rest of your startup money to upgrade and expand the resort.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline creamyoghurt99

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 03:13:02 PM »
Hi, just joined the forum and I'd like to share a little bit info on Resort.

What I found so far:
You can stay a resort tower for a small fee or book a VIP room.
All resort facility is free of charge if you check in first.
I remember my sims went to a resort that provides spa and it offer complete option like in the rabbit hole version.
The only differences is that it's all free of charge even if you only book in the cheap resort tower rabbit hole.
The workers (The front desk, food cart, mixologist) seems like having a static mood so there's no need to keep them happy.
The maintenance crew however tend to slack off more if they are low quality.

I purchased the free Hobart’s Hideaway and now it's a 4 star resort.
Here's what I did:
I provided all food type with the best quality and also a food register that is available in resort.
I Added some gym equipment.
I provided pool and a pool bar.
Upgraded the resort tower twice while providing spa and room service
Added one hot tub and a fire walk.

if you're unsure what to add next here's a hint:
Read the review at 7am every morning, When they asked for a kids buffet or if they want a pool.
Don't worry if you can't afford to satisfy all needs at first.
The only thing that annoyed me a lot is the cockroach, I can't seem to find them but all customers are protesting about it.
Purchasing LTR hotel mogul will help a lot if you're into resort building.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 03:37:23 PM »
I can also add that resort revenue can be collected at 7 am, and that is also when they star rating will update.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 11:04:28 PM »
Completing the Resort Mogul Lifetime Wish gave me this popup:

"Congratulations on the Five-Star Resort! An investor was so impressed with your business acumen, that he gave your Sim the deeds to this private island. Maybe another 5-star resort is in your future!"

Pretty nice bonus on top of the LTH Points! It is a 60x60 lot.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 11:08:27 PM »
Do you know which private island it was? 

Offline Snownova

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 06:21:17 AM »
So which traits do you guys recommend for a Resort Mogul sim?

I've been thinking of Natural Cook, Handy and Neat, assuming that your sims has to provide food for the guests? And being able to fix and clean things faster surely can't hurt. Do you have to interact with the guests a lot, in wich case charismatic and such become viable?

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
I've been thinking of Natural Cook, Handy and Neat, assuming that your sims has to provide food for the guests? And being able to fix and clean things faster surely can't hurt. Do you have to interact with the guests a lot, in wich case charismatic and such become viable?
Hi, having just started playing my resort sim, I think handy would be useful to upgrade items but I am not sure about natural cook and neat. The clean house interaction doesn't seem to work on resort and food is automatically served by grand buffet tables and food stands. In CAS my sim popped up the Resort Empire LTW after choosing the ambitious trait. Looks like all I need to do is checking reviews and upgrading stuff gradually everyday.
I am not sure if this is a process or is there a easily way getting 5 stars quick. I've done lots of upgrades on the first day and the next day review improved a star only. Perhaps it gets better day by day?

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
Also, if the guests complain about little things, like the temperature of the hot tub, (I didn't realize you could change it, so the guests had "tepid" water for a night. One of them complained.) it's worth changing. I did that and had no complaints about anything the next time I read reviews.

And, the smallest towers can apparently hold a lot of sims. I have about 7 of them so far, and my resort can handle 50+ sims. I was under the impression that they were only for a few people at a time. Guess I was wrong, but I am making more money than I'm spending on upkeep, so that's ok with me.

Offline heather3.0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »
Just by adding a pool and a second buffet table I've upped my resort to 3 stars. The guests seem to love sushi. I'd recommend a sushi bar. Oh, I also got compliments for my medium upkeep and the chlorinated pool. I was able to then up the prices on my rooms to moderate and am making decent cash. You could change your meal quality to medium to help too. It's 10 simloeons I think.

Question about maintenance though if any one knows: the all in one shower broke in my VIP room, but I was not able to repair it without first checking in for one night. When I attempted to enter a pop up notified my I did not have access to the VIP room. I would think as the manager I would have access to all VIP rooms? No one was occupying it at the time either. Is access something that can be changed at the front desk or will I have to check out my own VIP room every time a guest breaks the shower?
In the words of Bob Barker, "Please, spay and neuter your pets."