Author Topic: Running a Resort Hints/Tips  (Read 146988 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Island Paradise Resort Help
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »
As Marian said, there already is a thread about this in the Island Paradise board.  I'm going to merge this topic with that one.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
Re: Running a Resort Hints/Tips
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2013, 07:00:11 AM »
My favorite part is the fact that I think there is a wedding at a resort every day of the week.

Not only did I get a wedding, I had a same sex wedding. This is Monday of week 1, too.

How exciting!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2013, 10:48:14 AM »
I just started my game and moved to Hobart's Hideaway. I don't see any towers... what do they look like? Is it something I have to add.

This EP is going to make me buy a guide, I just know it... Off to do more research. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »
Susinok, your cottages are the "towers" -- they're already placed at Hobart's Hideaway. If you want to start from scratch, you can find them in the Community Objects section of Build mode, under the Resort tab.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2013, 11:17:40 AM »
Ah ok. I didn't recognize them as rabbitholes. This is going to be a challenge. I like the beach cottage look, very cute. I like the idea of starting with a run-down resort and turning it into an empire.

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2013, 05:38:34 PM »
The way to make money fast with resorts is building more rabbitholes. The more rabbitholes you put, the more visitors you get, so more income to pay for pools, food and cleaning. VIP rooms are a waste of resources at the begining and you really don't need high quality or many stars to get many guests. Once you have 200 or so visitors a day, you can improve the facilities and get stars.

And I agree with Ricallyn, 8 food tables of high quality food is the best investment.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2013, 05:41:49 PM »
A) If you want a little startup cash at the beginning of the game, buy Hobart's Hideaway, sell everything, then close it. Seems heartless, but it works.

B) When fixing up Hobart's Hideaway, delete all the plants: brambles are free, but the bushes are 40 dollars each. Also, there's an old tub worth 1,000 dollars, and you can sell the All-In-One bathrooms for 4,500 dollars each.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2013, 06:08:22 PM »
I seem to only be able to get better quality workers on one shift. The rest stay the original low quality. How do I get all 3 shifts to be best/better quality. I click manage maintenance crew, and type in 3 on the quality I want. I would think 3 means all 3 shifts. But I can only switch one and can not figure it out. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks !
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »
Thought I should point out that no matter how spectacular your resort is, it will still take several days to get a high star rating. I cheated my way to a massive super-resort, with literally everything any sim could ask for, and on the first day's reviews, even though all three points in each review were positive, they awarded 1/2 a star, 1/2 a star, and 1 1/2 stars, which totaled a rating of 1 star.
I shall see how it goes from there.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2013, 02:58:42 PM »
Is owning a resort a career in itself or can you own one and have another profession as well?

Trying to get the "owning all of the uncharted islands" lifetime wish, and I don't know if I have to do them with that one sim alone or if it can be the whole household.

And if it is treated like a career; if the one resort owner dies, what happends to the resort?

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »
Owning a resort is independent of other careers, so yes a Sim can do both. Not sure yet what happens if the owner dies.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline doxxielover

• Immortal
  • Hello everyone!
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2013, 03:41:29 PM »
I believe the whole family owns it. So unless everyone dies then I think its all good. And once the adults children age up then I suppose its fine for the parents to die when the time comes because the children now are adults and "own" it now. There is not an official person that owns it. At least thats what I think but I could be wrong.
I love this forum and just want to say thank you to everyone! :) Have a great rest of your day!

Offline Blue Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2013, 04:50:30 PM »
Alright, thanks.

Also, is it better to have numerous food tables of different kinds of food available all day, or just many of the same ones, and just alternate it?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2013, 05:06:27 PM »
Alright, thanks.

Also, is it better to have numerous food tables of different kinds of food available all day, or just many of the same ones, and just alternate it?

It's best to have eight buffet tables, each on a different food at the highest quality.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Susinok

• Townie
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2013, 06:27:42 PM »
My game locks up almost every time my active Sims go to a resort. So I end up owning/upgrading them but the Sim who owns said resort never visits.