Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323409 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Short Announcement - Page 15
« Reply #375 on: February 26, 2014, 01:01:59 PM »
NOOOOO!!!  Not Edward!!  Sorry to hear you're having such glitch issues.  Being non-tech savvy, I have no advice for you, but I certainly hope you find a way to get it all worked out!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #376 on: February 26, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »
NOOOOO!!!  Not Edward!!  Sorry to hear you're having such glitch issues.  Being non-tech savvy, I have no advice for you, but I certainly hope you find a way to get it all worked out!
Now you see why I simply can't update! Edward is far too important and key in the story line I just started to have him disappearing like he did. It's entirely too frustrating.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #377 on: February 26, 2014, 02:09:43 PM »

I've heard that making a copy of the household (sims + house) in edit town, then demolishing and replacing, sometimes helps. You'd lose your relationships with the townies, of course, because it'd be a 'fresh copy' of your sims, but it does tend to fix glitching sims.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #378 on: February 26, 2014, 03:07:49 PM »
I've heard that making a copy of the household (sims + house) in edit town, then demolishing and replacing, sometimes helps. You'd lose your relationships with the townies, of course, because it'd be a 'fresh copy' of your sims, but it does tend to fix glitching sims.
I think I read that somewhere but I don't think that will help because Edward isn't a part of the active household and he lived alone. He can't be found in Edit Town, so I can't find him to make a copy of him.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2014, 09:07:10 PM »
I really hope this gets fixed for you Livvie! Edward is so important to everyone! Maybe he's just going undercover for his next mission . . . I wish I could help, but sadly I'm not that tech savy. I can fix the small things, but this might take someone a bit more experienced than me.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Letter
« Reply #380 on: March 02, 2014, 04:26:04 PM »
I really hope this gets fixed for you Livvie! Edward is so important to everyone! Maybe he's just going undercover for his next mission . . . I wish I could help, but sadly I'm not that tech savy. I can fix the small things, but this might take someone a bit more experienced than me.
Thank you all for your patience, I think I'll have to get creative though.

The Letter
Mary hadn't spoken to her brother in weeks. She would often think about going to visit him but time was moving quickly and Thomas' health was deteriorating at an incredible rate. It became so bad that for the last week Mary has yet to even leave the house. Newspapers had been collecting on the lawn and some of their neighbors took pity on them and would drop of groceries and food for them.
The first sign of Thomas' deterioration happened shortly after Mary had her emotional breakdown. The next day had been one of the most special days of her life. It was the day that Thomas kissed her. Her first kiss.

It was the most thrilling and different experience she had ever felt. She had been so happy; she felt so complete.

Now she sat in the night, staring at the shell of the dying Thomas. Her back ached from the wood of the chair and her neck was stiff from the few involuntary moments of sleep that kept her from staying attentive and focused.

She couldn't help but wonder why the Watcher had abandoned them. Abandoned her. She knew the history of the Reapers. It was riddled with love stories and tragedy being overcome by joy and cheating death. She was inclined to believe that after the death of her father that maybe the Watcher had left her to face the music alone. Those thoughts never stayed long before Bear would come over and rest his head sadly on her lap. Bear the immortal dog, the keeper of the Reapers. His presence reminded her that she was never truly alone, even when she felt like the world was crumbling around her.
Mary occasionally brought books up to read next to Thomas while he slept. Originally it had been to read to him, as his eye sight was going quickly and he had trouble focusing on the words on the page, but soon it just became a book to page through absent-mindedly as she examined Thomas' every move for signs of further deterioration or recovery.

This night was no different for Mary. She watched the clock and Thomas equally. Checking his vitals and waking up to drink water every hour on the hour, but this night was darker than most.

It was around one in the morning that Mary started to get drowsy. Her head tilted slightly down in the candlelight, her eyes barely staying open. She was thinking of Thomas, and what they would do when he recovered. She never thought "if" as that made her too sad, so she settled on "when," even if it was a form of denial.

A rapping sound from downstairs caused her to jolt. Thomas grumbled and rolled over a little. Mary identified the sound as coming from the front door. "Who in the right minds would come here so late?" She muttered to herself. She stood up and put her hand on Thomas' forehead gently to hush him. She walked slowly to the door and down the stairs, pulling her sweater in close and rubbing her upper arms with her hands. The pounding continued until Mary was a few feet from the door when it suddenly stopped.

She rubbed her eyes and unlocked the door only to find an envelope sitting on her doorstep with her name scrawled on it. She looked cautiously from one way to the other but saw no one. She wearily leaned down and grabbed the note before locking herself back in her house. As she sat down on the couch to read the note with her name on it, she suddenly realized how incredibly comfortable her couch was, and before long the note slipped from her hands onto the floor as she slipped into a deep sleep.

Mary woke to the morning sun peering in the window. She sat up quickly and immediately ran up to see Thomas. She hadn't let herself sleep for more than a few minutes at a time this past week. She strained herself to ensure she could wake Thomas up every hour to get him water or food. He never really needed it, but Mary did it anyways out of the fear that if she didn't wake him up that he wouldn't ever wake up.
After waking Thomas up Mary eased. She gave him a little water and wiped his face with a wet rag. He drifted back off to sleep and Mary went downstairs to fetch the newspaper. Hoping to have something to tell Thomas about when she woke him up the next time. She flipped through the pages, forgetting almost completely about the events of the night before until she saw a headline. The headline.

"Murder in the Night, Nobleman Ruben Pronounced Dead."
Mary felt her gut wrench. "No, no, no." She whispered. She remember the pounding on the door last night and ran over to the couch to find the note again. In desperation she tore the note open sloppily and slumped to the floor to read it.

My dearest Sister,
I'm truly sorry.
Those are words I always have trouble saying, but I mean it. I suppose I should just tell you now before you find out from some other source, but I did it. I killed the traitor. I wish I could tell you how much I enjoyed doing it, but I haven't done it yet, at least, not as I write this. I know you've always told me dad would've wanted me to move on with my life, but I never could knowing what that man did. Now, or after you've read this, I can. Don't worry for me, as I know that's what you're doing right now. No, I'm not a total fool, I'm returning home, to our place of birth. I'm seeking Asylum under the Queen of Isla Paradiso. A week ago mom came to me, she was worried about you, but that isn't why she came. The Queen had written to her in desperation, the Islands are under attack by a united front of Midnight Hollow and Bridgeport under General Dexter Ricardo. They're attempting to overthrow the monarchy and replace the old laws back in Isla Paradiso, much as they have in both of those once-great towns. The Queen needs as much help as she can get, and I've offered my services on the condition that I can seek Asylum there. Mom hoped I might talk you in to coming back with us, the Queen asked for you by name out of all of us. Maybe you'll consider it? I'm sorry I've disappointed you in the past, and I'm sorry that I've likely disappointed you tonight. Please don't let that be the deciding factor in your decision. I hope you are well, and I hope to see you soon.
Love always,
Edward.

Mary looked up from the note with tears falling from her eyes. She wiped them away quickly and looked at the stairs. She couldn't just leave Thomas. She would never leave Thomas. She swallowed hard and stood up, tossing the note on the couch to think about later. She needed to make breakfast for Thomas, he didn't eat his dinner the night before. She hoped he gained his appetite back.

However when she brought the pancakes up to him he was restless and tossing. She almost dropped the plate to rush over and check on him.

His fever had spiked up and a thin film of sweat covered his face. She ran out of the room and made a hurried call.

"Please, I don't know what else to do!" She pleaded.
Mylee's voice was calm and level on the phone. She told Mary to be calm and that she would arrive shortly.
Mary paced in her living room, uneasy from all of the events. Things were starting to fall apart and she couldn't figure out why.

Mylee invited herself in and embraced Mary, but soon went upstairs to work with Thomas.
An hour passed and Mary was as restless as ever. Mylee came slowly down the stairs and Mary jumped up to approach her.
"He's ok right? He probably just had that fever from not eating anything last night, I should've pushed him a little harder to, but it's just so hard -"
Mylee held up her hand. They both were quiet for a lingering moment before Mylee sighed. "I'm sorry Mary, there's nothing I could do. I gave him some pain medication to help make his last moments less painful, but he's not going to last the day."
Mary stood back, stunned. "What... what do you mean?"
"His body is shutting down, Mary. He shouldn't feel that much pain, but there's nothing you or I can do. I'm sorry."
"He was... he was fine last night though..." Mary's throat was tightening. Her lower lip trembled as warm tears spilled from her eyes. "He told me he might be on the upside."
Mylee embraced her. "I'm truly sorry." She whispered.
"Is he awake?" Mary wiped her face and broke their embrace.
"No, I'm afraid he likely won't wake up at all. I can stay with you, if you like."
Mary nodded and walked numbly up the stairs.

Her world was in pieces, and now she had to find a way to say goodbye to the man she loved.
Forever.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #381 on: March 02, 2014, 05:03:18 PM »
I think the way you handled the situation was perfect. Of course Edward had to do that. I knew he was going to, but I was kind of hopping he could let go of the past. But it is part of him, so it only made sense for him to do it. Thomas! Just as soon as they start becoming a couple, Thomas gets worse. I hope his last hours are good for him. Poor Mary. What is she going to do without him.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #382 on: March 02, 2014, 07:06:54 PM »
Wow.  So much wow.  Very creative way to handle a glitch and make the story even more intriguing, which is saying something!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #383 on: March 02, 2014, 07:46:09 PM »

Poor Mary; life is just not going easy on her, is it? I suspect that she will still have a little piece of Thomas to carry with her after he is gone. But who knows?  ;)

Offline VioletG

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #384 on: March 03, 2014, 03:19:55 AM »
Wow, what a creative story! But it is so sad right now, poor Mary :(

Great solution to your glitch, it totally fits with the story.

Offline cainspath

• Fluffy is my hair's first name.
  • Townie
  • Occasionally bipolar; always multipolar.
« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2014, 05:00:12 AM »
Dear me, goosebumps. This is where I say I hate you  :'( Now Mary's lost Thomas and partly, Edward. Does this mean she's bound to go back to Paradiso? Or she'll have to work her way around someplace. I want to sigh countless times to the sadness.
At the end of the day, Life should ask you, "Do you want to save changes?"

How the misc-tery continues:
I, Iridessa: 3rd [What happens at home]

Why not try a misc-stery?
Blood of the Mayfair: 32nd [Hail Rain and Sunshine]

or a Reincarnation Project:
Hawke Revival: 26th [Hale Bonding]

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Goodbyes
« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2014, 03:28:28 PM »
I think the way you handled the situation was perfect. Of course Edward had to do that. I knew he was going to, but I was kind of hopping he could let go of the past. But it is part of him, so it only made sense for him to do it. Thomas! Just as soon as they start becoming a couple, Thomas gets worse. I hope his last hours are good for him. Poor Mary. What is she going to do without him.
Thank you so much! I'm so glad it seemed real enough. I simply couldn't find an answer, somehow my BB files end up corrupted (even though it's only been a week in game). I've had quite a few issues. But I will persevere, for Mary! Also, I really hope you'll like this chapter, this chapter is to make up for all of the negative chapters prior.

Wow.  So much wow.  Very creative way to handle a glitch and make the story even more intriguing, which is saying something!
Thank you very much. I was simply stumped but then it all made sense in the end. I knew Edward was likely going to have to disappear after Ruben was killed, but then one day it just hit me. Now I have this awesome story line backed up in my head for the next couple of chapters. It's a little tricky, but it should be a nice reminder of some really great people.

Poor Mary; life is just not going easy on her, is it? I suspect that she will still have a little piece of Thomas to carry with her after he is gone. But who knows?  ;)
Of course, Thomas will always be a part of her life - he was her first love, and he helped her discover who she really was. That will never change.

Wow, what a creative story! But it is so sad right now, poor Mary :(

Great solution to your glitch, it totally fits with the story.
Thank you so kindly! I've tried very hard to make things work out, glitches and the like are not going to stop me from my journey!

Dear me, goosebumps. This is where I say I hate you  :'( Now Mary's lost Thomas and partly, Edward. Does this mean she's bound to go back to Paradiso? Or she'll have to work her way around someplace. I want to sigh countless times to the sadness.
I hope you'll appreciate this next chapter and take back your hate for me? It's made especially for you and a few other people who were very angry at me from a certain previous loss...

Goodbyes
Saying goodbye is the hardest thing anyone could ever do. Mary felt her entire soul being crushed, her body was dying from the inside out. Mary stood in a state of shock, unable to process the events. It wasn't long after she had gone up with Mylee to check on him that Thomas took his final breath. Until the last minute Mary sat there, squeezing his hand to prevent herself from trembling, realizing that - even now - she needed him to carry on, and she hated herself for that.
It had been a day before people came to bury him, and that's when the realization really hit her hard and the shock wore off. She clung to his body while the men tried to figure out what to do. Mylee had to hold her back from preventing the men from carrying Thomas down to the plot they made. Mary had collapsed and her shoulders shook hard with her heavy sobs. Mary made attempts to protest but her words were garbled by her cries.
Mylee cleaned Mary up and nurtured her gently. She had gone to the restroom only to find Mary had disappeared out in the garden, standing in front of the grave of Thomas.

It had been raining for nights on end previously, but it seems the sun had come out, if only for a moment to shine on her.
Mylee didn't really know what to say, but she tried her best to comfort her. She knew what Mary needed was her mother, but her mother was already long gone to Isla Paradiso to help the Queen, a fate that soon Mylee would be going for too.
"Maybe you should come with me." Mylee said softly. "Let's go for a little trip away from here. We'll come back, but maybe getting away will be good." She whispered sweetly.

Mary shook and collapsed into tears again. "I can't leave him." She cried. "He needs me." She tried to steady herself.

Mylee brushed the hair out of her face. "No, sweetheart. He doesn't anymore."

Mylee had planned to stay a while longer but Mary talked her out of it.
"If you change your mind - here." Mylee handed her a plane ticket. "It's for next Friday evening, a trip to visit your mom and brother. It doesn't have to be permanent, either."
Mary nodded and took the ticket slowly. She had no intention of using it, but she didn't want Mylee to stay any longer. She just needed to be alone. They said their goodbyes and Mary was left alone to face the hollowness of her aching heart. As soon as Mary heard the car drive off she wished Mylee had never left. She slumped against the door numbly and clutched her chest.
"Why did you leave me Thomas?" She whispered. "I still need you, for watcher's sake!" Mary felt hopeless and alone, and she wanted nothing more than to join Thomas in the grave. Thoughts swarmed her head of how she wanted to leave the world permanently.
Days passed. She was on an autopilot that she didn't know how to turn off. She would get up, wander, shovel food in her mouth that she didn't even taste, wander some more, and occasionally end up at a bar in her Inn, drinking away her sorrows. Soon she stopped bothering with everything else and just went straight for the drinking, as it dulled her senses. Thursday had already rolled around and the plane ticket had been bothering Mary. She often hid it at the bottom of her drawer to keep it off of her mind, but that worked just as well as drinking did to prevent her from thinking about Thomas.

Thursday night was a binge night for her. She was on her third or fourth drink - she had lost count by this point - when a man decided to join her.

"You look like you've had a rough week." He said gruffly.
Mary smirked. "More like a rough life." She chugged down the rest of her drink. "My dear, can I have another one of... whatever that was?" She asked sweetly to Morgan, her bartender, who just rolled her eyes.
"Do you want to talk about it?" The man asked softly.
The thought of the question should have angered Mary, but there was something about the man's voice that felt comforting. She obviously had a little too much to drink. "My father was killed in the rebellion in Isla Paradiso. By a traitor." She squeezed her eyes shut. "I was born the night he died. Talk about a great birthday gift." Her voice was tainted with bitterness.

Mary proceeded to spill her guts to this stranger about her insecurities about her father, Thomas, and everything else. The stranger only stopped her once to ask her about her time in Isla Paradiso.
"We were there during the uprise of the F.D.S." She said quietly.
The stranger looked at her with eyes wide for a moment. "I fought many a battle there against those jerks." He said coarsely. "It wasn't a pretty sight. What was your father's name?"
Mary half-smiled, but it was a hollow smile. "Noten. Noten Reaper."
"I knew him." The guy said quietly. "I worked under him. He was a great man."
"You did? You knew him?"

"I did," the man chuckled a warm, loving chuckle, the wrinkles around his lips and eyes becoming more visible. "So you were the reason he was so overjoyed those last few days before..." He trailed off. "Ruben."
"What do you mean?" Mary asked quietly, looking down at her drink.

"That man was a little crazy if you ask me, but he sure did love his wife and kids." The guy shook his head.
"Not me though." Mary said quietly. "He didn't even know me. I doubt he even knew I was born."
"Definitely you." The stranger retorted. "You have no idea how crazy that fool looked when he came beaming about, saying how happy he was to have his next child on the way."

Mary sat in silence with the man for a minute. "You're not just saying that to cheer me up, are you?"
"Well, it was true, but if it cheers you up that's all the more reason I should say it." He smiled brightly at her. "You know, I think you should go back to Isla Paradiso. It might be hard, but it might be good for you too."
"I don't know, leaving here would feel like I was leaving Thomas, just like my mom did to my dad." Mary whispered, she took another long swig of her drink. "You know, I want him to be proud of me, but I guess I've not done anything to be proud of, but Thomas was something I know I did right."

The stranger looked at her with kind, sad eyes. "Your father would want you to seek happiness, just as your mother did. He only ever wanted you to be happy, and he would've given his life again just to ensure that happiness."
"Right, and you know this." Mary said sarcastically.
"I do, just like I know that he would be more than proud of you. You're a strong, beautiful woman who is undeserving of the pain she's in. He would be rolling over in his grave if he knew he was part of that sadness." 
Mary shared a look with this stranger, and for a moment, she thought she recognized him.

She looked away for a moment and raised her hand up for Morgan to refill her drink.

"How do you know-" Mary turned back and immediately closed her mouth.

Mary called Morgan over. "Where did that man go?" She asked quietly pointing to the chair next to her.
Morgan laughed and looked at her funny.

"What man? It's just been you all night here dear." Morgan said, stifling a laugh.
Mary's gut twisted. "I changed my mind... I think I've had too much to drink tonight." Mary pushed her glass away and stood up carefully. "Thanks, Morgan." she said, feeling paranoid now.
"Anytime doll." Morgan said with a bright smile. "I'll call you a taxi."
Mary just nodded. "Yeah..." Then she turned and walk to the door thinking out loud to herself: "I really need to stop drinking so much." She reached in her pocket to find some money for the cab but instead she found the plane ticket she thought she had buried in her dresser drawers. She shook her head to clear it of the fog, this had been one weird night.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »
My hand flew to my mouth the second I saw who it was! I was like gasping, freaking out going, 'it's him! it's him!'  If you had only seen me, I probably looked like a fish out of water!  :P This has to be one of my favorite chapters! Yes it was sad, but it was written beautifully and summed up the way Mary must be feeling and the ending! I just LOVED the ending!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2014, 05:24:58 PM »
My hand flew to my mouth the second I saw who it was! I was like gasping, freaking out going, 'it's him! it's him!'  If you had only seen me, I probably looked like a fish out of water!  :P This has to be one of my favorite chapters! Yes it was sad, but it was written beautifully and summed up the way Mary must be feeling and the ending! I just LOVED the ending!
I'm very glad, I've been waiting to write this one for a while now. I just knew I had to bring him back somehow for everyone. It made me very happy to see him though, I forgot how much I truly missed him - he was such a great legacy heir. I knew everyone was upset that he died so young, so I thought I'd bring him back for good ol' times. And this is only the beginning of the reunions...

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2014, 05:55:06 PM »
I'm very glad, I've been waiting to write this one for a while now. I just knew I had to bring him back somehow for everyone. It made me very happy to see him though, I forgot how much I truly missed him - he was such a great legacy heir. I knew everyone was upset that he died so young, so I thought I'd bring him back for good ol' times. And this is only the beginning of the reunions...
It was just perfect. I've been cleaning my room so I was kind of in a mood and then I saw him and now I'm still really happy  ;D The beginning? What does this all mean!  ::)

anything