Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 327386 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Dada
« Reply #1005 on: July 25, 2016, 10:35:11 PM »
That was a tough chapter!  So much potential death.  The "today" part was a clever twist.  Don't want her to die today.  Clever and chilling.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #1006 on: July 26, 2016, 12:59:10 PM »
That was a tough chapter!  So much potential death.  The "today" part was a clever twist.  Don't want her to die today.  Clever and chilling.
All of my chapters sans-Quinn are tough. ;) That man can make light of nearly any situation. Sheogorath really came out of the woodwork and surprised me in this chapter. It does make me curious to see how the next few chapters will pan out as this era comes to a close. It's unfortunately heading for some more sad chapters than happy for the next few chapters, but thankfully I've got two goobers who I've been planning for... well... forever who will hopefully help brighten up the story again. =)
Thank you for the lovely comment! ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1007 on: July 26, 2016, 05:44:44 PM »
I'm so torn. I don't wanna see the end of Majann, but at the same time, I wanna see the "goobers" lol especially a certain goober!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1008 on: July 26, 2016, 08:46:30 PM »
I'm so torn. I don't wanna see the end of Majann, but at the same time, I wanna see the "goobers" lol especially a certain goober!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!
I'm ready to introduce these goobers. I swear I'm so, so excited for them! I have a great deal in store for them that I've only been planning for for the past... oh, I don't know... seven months... XD

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1009 on: July 27, 2016, 05:22:56 PM »
Nooo, I'm not ready to let go of the past Majnun, happy in his little family life!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1010 on: July 27, 2016, 05:38:52 PM »
Nooo, I'm not ready to let go of the past Majnun, happy in his little family life!
Oh! I know you'll be sad to see (past) Majnun gone after all the rooting for him you've done, but the good news is he's still around in the future! He'll be coming back full force after I finish up his past. I'm glad everyone has (for the most part) enjoyed our little adventure into time with his Anne.
Good news is (well, it's bad news for my characters, and I sound awful saying "good news!" to this) there's a war brewing with Fate and there's a rumor that Majnun will be training several new potential priests/esses. He's not going anywhere. =D ;D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Collaboration Announcement!
« Reply #1011 on: July 30, 2016, 12:50:48 AM »
Collaboration Announcement: Another Labelle Story Announcement
Hey guys! I hope everyone is doing well. I've got a long-winded message coming your way from the wonderful Reaper-Labelle Collaboration Team (AKA @mpart and I, but the 'Reaper-Labelle Collaboration Team' sounded so much cooler. ;) ).
The long-windedness of the message comes from me being... me. ;)
So anyways, several months ago, mpart and I started our collaboration by inviting one Ms. Clarissa Kwa over via the trunk of Sheogorath's stolen taxi-cab. Back then, if we would've known how deeply our collaboration was headed, I think we would've dug in deeper to it, but here we are now and I wouldn't trade the ride it took to get here for anything!
What started as a simple 'you have one of my characters and I have one of yours and we'll live in the same world' quickly devolved into this beastly excursion where we've built this amazing world and history together.
Unfortunately, when doing this we have an issue where some of our prior-written things become obsolete or get overwritten. This was bound to happen, as we were changing and shifting and tweaking and moving and having 'ah-ha!' moments all over the place. It was a really big transitional period for us but now that we've got a lot of the basic stuff hammered out we're finally on steady ground to keep pushing our stories along. As mentioned, changes were bound to happen, and a lot of these changes combined together and backed the dear mpart into a corner with her Another Labelle Story.
We were at our wits end trying to find ways to make it fit, but we've come to the conclusion that it's to everyone's best interest if we just scrap it and start anew. Originally, mpart wanted to explore Majnun's granddaughter, Fate - the Goddess of Fate - in more depth and make her a more sympathetic villain to her story, however that just wasn't meant to be.
We both hate her too much for that. XD
So with that sad news being said the happy news is that we're rewriting the story and we'll be working to get that up sooner rather than later! This story will be a stand alone story, so you will not need to have read either of our stories to read it, and it will introduce some new characters as well as some old characters.
Maleficent (or, as Majnun calls her, 'Death Flower') will be taking a bigger role in this story, along with some familiar names, some new names and storylines. Clarissa and Liam will also remain there and have their love story retold.

The important part of this section here is Clarissa and Liam have a little girl, she's a toddler at the moment. Originally, she was named Kaida after Liam's mother, but... things have changed. She is the same child with the same parents but her name will be Carina instead. I apologize for any confusion, as I think I may have included her name in my story before, but we cannot, in good conscious, keep Carina's name as 'Kaida' after a recent discovery on my part when writing into Liam's past. If anyone wants the full story/scoop on why, I will happily give it over PM, but for everyone else you should know that her name was Kaida and it will now be Carina. I apologize in advance for any confusion that may cause.

So anyways, I'll attach a link here and update the first post of my thread here with the appropriate links when mpart gets it up and running, but I really hope that some of you will pop on over and check it out and give some love and feedback to us. Mpart is awesome and she's allowed me to continue writing Liam and I can't even begin to express how mushy and adorable his love story with Clarissa is.
The story is being written retroactively, and will be starting before Jupiter is turned into a Vampire Lord and Maleficent goes through her initiation ritual. She will add any chapters in as she progresses in time with her story, but if anyone was confused at the timeline... please let us know and I'll be happy to explain further. =)

As for my original Reapers story, I'll be introducing a character soon and I've got... a lot on my mind with this character. I really want to give him the justice he deserves and the perfect introduction into my story, but I'm worried because he...
There's really not a quick and easy way to explain this, I apologize.
This character who will deal mostly with Esmerelda and Olivia and he has been in their lives since the start of the Reapers. It's how we've wanted this to be written, but unfortunately... I wasn't even thinking about where this story was going way back when I started this, so it makes it difficult to introduce a new character that, in our heads, has been around for a while, but in the story he's hardly been mentioned (but he has been mentioned, ;) ).
So, just as a forewarning... I'm going to do my very, VERY best to keep the flow going and try to work everything in to make sense, but there's just not a very easy way for me to do this (that I can see at the moment) so I hope it isn't too awkward or out of place. I'll... figure something out. XD
Anyways... this is relevant because...:

---------------------------------

The Reapers 2.0
So I was going to wait to announce this formally when I felt a little further along, but I'm very confident in my project and I feel ok sharing this with you now... though a lot of you may already be aware of it.
I am officially rewriting the Reapers Genetic Legacy Experiment.
I've been, fondly, calling it 'The Reapers 2.0' when talking about it with those who know to avoid confusion.
The Reapers 2.0 is the same story that you've seen here only darker and it'll include the gods, magic, history, and lore from the very beginning.
I love this forum so much. I love everyone here and all of my readers. This forum has given me so much love and a great place to start the amazing project that I've been working on for the past (nearly) three years. That being said, I want to do a bit more with the Reapers 2.0, and the forum is just not an appropriate place for the "more" I wish to do. As much as I would love to share links with you publically, I'm afraid I cannot, in good conscious, do that on this family-friendly forum.
The story is dark and it will include dark things and language that is not family-friendly. It will be more detailed, though not obscene. I just want to do these storylines justice that I know I've had to tone down in order to keep with the forum's rules.
Now, the story will be different. It will not be the exact same story you're seeing here. A lot will change. For example, Agnes and Tragic are only having three children. The story will be a lot longer and it will be a lot more detailed (it will resemble Majnun and Anne's storyline a LOT more). Some characters won't exist in my rewrite and some new characters will be brought in.
One thing I will say is I am going to try very, very hard to keep all the genetic lines the same (parental lineage and townie genetics). The storylines may be shifted/different. Marriages might not be the same, but the children will always belong to the same parents (as, that's my goal), I'm just going to go in and give each generation a lot more love and attention.

With that being said. I cannot post the story here but I am starting regular PM's to those who are interested in updates and followings. I can add you to a list to send updates to whenever I post one, for those interested. For anyone interested in following along with the story, please shoot me a PM on here and I'll send you a link to my blog and add you to the list to receive notifications on my story. =)

So that's all I have for you today. (Phew) Thanks for listening and I love you all! <3 Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

---------------------------------

mpart got her story up, find it here: Night of Death Flowers

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1012 on: July 30, 2016, 01:42:09 AM »
I'm completely confused now...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1013 on: July 30, 2016, 01:45:00 AM »
I'm completely confused now...
I can help! I would just like to know which part you're confused about. =)
I mean, I could just talk at you about random things, and I'm good at that... but I could be more helpful if I knew which part is confusing. :)

Offline aria92

• Nooboo
« Reply #1014 on: July 30, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »
First- I just want to say how much I LOVE your writing and your stories!! I've always been a huge fan of the sims and legacy stories in general, but this one has always really stood out.  The humor always has me cracking up and the drama, characters, and the storytelling are genuinely moving. It's always so exciting to see a new chapter up, it's like a new episode of a favorite show.  :)

That being said, I've never been a forum person, or someone who uses them very often- so, I too am a tad confused lol.  So is this story ending in favor of a darker revamp?  Or is this one continuing on here, and the revamp on a separate blog?  I was kind of following up until the Liam/clarissa news, then I think I got my wires crossed  :o.  The liam/clarissa story was so sweet and ended so sad!  So are they being re-written in a separate story line that's a part of this universe or the revamped one? I know she died in this story, but sims game logic= insane, so anyone can really come back anytime.  :P

Anywho- Reapers 2.0 sounds AH-mazing and wherever that is happening- I totally want to sign up for that! ;D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1015 on: July 30, 2016, 03:16:58 PM »
First- I just want to say how much I LOVE your writing and your stories!! I've always been a huge fan of the sims and legacy stories in general, but this one has always really stood out.  The humor always has me cracking up and the drama, characters, and the storytelling are genuinely moving. It's always so exciting to see a new chapter up, it's like a new episode of a favorite show.  :)

That being said, I've never been a forum person, or someone who uses them very often- so, I too am a tad confused lol.  So is this story ending in favor of a darker revamp?  Or is this one continuing on here, and the revamp on a separate blog?  I was kind of following up until the Liam/clarissa news, then I think I got my wires crossed  :o.  The liam/clarissa story was so sweet and ended so sad!  So are they being re-written in a separate story line that's a part of this universe or the revamped one? I know she died in this story, but sims game logic= insane, so anyone can really come back anytime.  :P

Anywho- Reapers 2.0 sounds AH-mazing and wherever that is happening- I totally want to sign up for that! ;D
@aria92
Awww! Shucks! I'm super flattered! I apologize for any confusion! Let's see if I can clear that up!

This story is going to carry on as intended! I have some storylines I'll have to tone down in order to remain forum appropriate, but this story will be here and carrying on as intended! The story that's being rewritten is mpart's Another Labelle Story that follows Liam, Clarissa, Maleficent, and others. =) I just wanted to announce that her story (which is connected to mine) is being rewritten and that it's no longer being called Another Labelle Story. =)
I also just decided to kill two birds with one stone and announce my rewrite of the Reapers. =) I'll be rewriting old generations as I'm continuing forward with my story here! So I'm sorry for that confusion!

As for Liam and Clarissa (ugh their story is so adorable it makes me melt just thinking about it, mpart and I are working on their story right now and it's amazing) they've been a part of mpart's Another Labelle Story, however that story was intended to follow Fate, Majnun's Granddaughter and Goddess of Fate, yet things got derailed as we were adjusting our lore and history and we just had to scrap the idea all together. So now the story will be about Clarissa, Liam, and Maleficent plus a few other new characters and some old ones. =)
So when she gets the first chapter up (on this forum) I'll post a link into my Reapers and on that last announcement thread. ;D

As for the Reapers, I'll PM you a link to the blog and I'll add you to the list to receive updates =) How that'll work is I'll PM you when I come out with a new chapter =)

Anyways, I hope that cleared things up! Please let me know if there was anymore confusion/questions you have.

Offline Blamsart

• Townie
  • Says Blamsart, but call me Blams~
    • Light the way to Heaven (Everything isn't as it seems)
« Reply #1016 on: July 30, 2016, 11:41:30 PM »
Hello!
I haven't started reading this story yet - though I've definitely been meaning to.
Nonetheless, I love dark stories with rich fiction backgrounds! I really want to read this Reapers 2.0, so can you put me on the list for updates pretty please?
Just to at least have the link to your new blog. I'm a big WordPress user, so I can just add your blog on my list and get an email every time you post a chapter :)
Click on the picture and join my now 9 generation long sims 3 story

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1017 on: July 31, 2016, 12:03:26 AM »
Hello!
I haven't started reading this story yet - though I've definitely been meaning to.
Nonetheless, I love dark stories with rich fiction backgrounds! I really want to read this Reapers 2.0, so can you put me on the list for updates pretty please?
Just to at least have the link to your new blog. I'm a big WordPress user, so I can just add your blog on my list and get an email every time you post a chapter :)
Oh my gosh! I can't say I expected to see you here on my little story. =)
I've been quietly working my way through your wonderful legacy myself (though my time has been utterly consumed by my school and my writing recently). Of course, @Magpie2012 was lovely and kind enough to pass along your story to me.
I currently host my main blog on Blogger, so hopefully that works out the same, if not - you're on my list! I'll go ahead and PM you the link though while I'm thinking about it!
Hopefully it falls up your alley. It's still pretty small at four chapters (working on the fifth) but I like to move slowly and I've got an entire world I need to set up for, gods included. ::)
As for this forum's version, I love this version, but it was pretty lackadaisical until about my fourth generation when I started to get more serious, and my fifth generation brought on this crazy world that I'm rewriting to include.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1018 on: July 31, 2016, 02:32:55 AM »
@blamsart yay! You made it! I was wondering when you were going to appear lol I suggest also putting @mpart's Labelle Perfect Genetic Experiment story on your list of "to read" as well. These stories are definitely up there with your Whitelight's in my favourite ways to pass the time!

@LivvieLove your story is just as fabulous as Blams'! And HRHotSS (that would be Blams lol) is going to love this one, and mpart's too! I'm glad you have started following The Whitelight's! That family has been with me since before yours and mpart's if I'm not mistaken? So, it holds a very special place in my heart (in fact, I even donated one of my ex-Legacy sims to the story, although, you'll only see that in the 8th Gen) so I guess I've kinda had a vested interest in it lol

All that being said: I hope I'm at the top of that PM list ;-) I'm still trying to figure out how to get mails from Blogger saying there's an update. Like Blams, I'm also on WP, so I'm not too familiar with the others.

And... Now I am on my way to go find Mali and Clari and Liam! I know I had a ship-name for Clari and Li but I just can't remember it O_O

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1019 on: July 31, 2016, 02:54:14 AM »
@Blamsart yay! You made it! I was wondering when you were going to appear lol I suggest also putting @mpart's Labelle Perfect Genetic Experiment story on your list of "to read" as well. These stories are definitely up there with your Whitelight's in my favourite ways to pass the time!

@LivvieLove your story is just as fabulous as Blams'! And HRHotSS (that would be Blams lol) is going to love this one, and mpart's too! I'm glad you have started following The Whitelight's! That family has been with me since before yours and mpart's if I'm not mistaken? So, it holds a very special place in my heart (in fact, I even donated one of my ex-Legacy sims to the story, although, you'll only see that in the 8th Gen) so I guess I've kinda had a vested interest in it lol

All that being said: I hope I'm at the top of that PM list ;-) I'm still trying to figure out how to get mails from Blogger saying there's an update. Like Blams, I'm also on WP, so I'm not too familiar with the others.

And... Now I am on my way to go find Mali and Clari and Liam! I know I had a ship-name for Clari and Li but I just can't remember it O_O

You better believe you are at the top of my list. ;) Yes! I have found @Blamsart's awesome legacy! I'm done with this semester at school so I've got more time to read!
Anyways, I believe the ship name you're looking for it Liarissa. We love them to pieces, and I hope you do too! I linked her new story to my front page as well as my last "update, announcement" post! Go and check it out! Mpart has put so much work and love into it and she deserves am award for her patience!
 :D

anything