Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2970429 times)

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10710 on: November 20, 2020, 04:46:51 PM »
When it first came out, I placed a dive lot in Sunset Valley to see if it could be done, and it was messed up. Without cheats, it doesn't work correctly. The waters aren't deep enough.

I've placed all four dive spots in Sunset Valley and supermaxed it with no issues. The only weird thing was that over time the treasure chests would reset.

When I get home I'll take pictures and post them.

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #10711 on: November 20, 2020, 08:00:50 PM »
I placed all 4 lots in SV.

My sim started training in snorkeling as child until she was able to start scuba diving as a teen.

She saw a mermaid lol

She mastered it at Young Adult and supermaxed it as an adult.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10712 on: November 23, 2020, 01:07:58 PM »
If you didn't have to cheat go for it. I'll formally change the rules as the day goes on (the proper "do at your own risk guys i'm not legally liable guys-" definitely needs some writeup)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10713 on: November 23, 2020, 01:24:47 PM »
Rule change to the Edit Town Rules:

Turned this:

• Dive lots are not allowed to be placed in worlds that they don't come with.

To:

• Dive lots are allowed to be placed without using cheats or world modifications, but this is all done at your own risk. There are no approved fixes for faulty dive lots that you placed.

So can you potentially supermax diving in a world besides Isla Paradiso? Yeah, sure, go nuts.

Can you retroactively add them to your ongoing dynasty? One time deal if you haven't opened your save since after I posted this (November 23rd, 2020) And again, at your own risk. This is largely untested territory. It might not be worth it anyways and there are a lot of supermaxes out there.

Will you allow the same for WA/University/ITF lots? No, they're technically available no matter what town your dynasty is in, travel is an acceptable caveat to me.

Will you be revisiting other rules? I have some that have bugged me but...one day at a time please. :P

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
« Reply #10714 on: December 07, 2020, 09:56:16 PM »
Can we count two of my friends (if it's including a pet) as a photograph for the museum? Thanks!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10715 on: December 07, 2020, 10:31:53 PM »
Can we count two of my friends (if it's including a pet) as a photograph for the museum? Thanks!

@mpart Fine with me. The list of subjects includes some far more exploitative ones (a.k.a. the whole "Lovers in X" series)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #10716 on: December 09, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »
Fine with me. The list of subjects includes some far more exploitative ones (a.k.a. the whole "Lovers in X" series)

Thank you!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #10717 on: December 13, 2020, 09:45:32 PM »
The weirdest thing just happened to me. One of my unicorns ate an unknown special seed that was around town and it turned out it was a lifefruit seed. It extended their lifespan by one day. Is this game over?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10718 on: December 13, 2020, 10:10:40 PM »
@mpart: yeah unfortunately it is. :( The game loves to throw new snags at this challenge even in 2020 but that's one we've "litigated" many times before.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #10719 on: December 13, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »
@mpart: yeah unfortunately it is. :( The game loves to throw new snags at this challenge even in 2020 but that's one we've "litigated" many times before.

Ah, darn. Time for another attempt then. At least I'll be wiser going in this time.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10720 on: December 13, 2020, 10:42:28 PM »

Ah, darn. Time for another attempt then. At least I'll be wiser going in this time.

I've failed in the exact same way and the thought that crossed my mind afterwards (I'm not giving up on a supermax so easily either) was to buy a private residential lot close enough to my dynasty lot and essentially turn it into a stable.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #10721 on: December 15, 2020, 11:47:38 AM »

I've failed in the exact same way and the thought that crossed my mind afterwards (I'm not giving up on a supermax so easily either) was to buy a private residential lot close enough to my dynasty lot and essentially turn it into a stable.

That's a great idea! I should have probably researched horses more before attempting the supermax. Ah well, lesson learned. I'm going to continue with my dynasty even though it is no longer HOF viable. Darn unicorn.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10722 on: December 15, 2020, 10:05:10 PM »
@mpart: have fun with it either way. It's hard to be the big bad challenge mod and also say "non-HoF challenges are fine bro, I'm serious" but my real goal is just getting more dynasty stories to read instead of awarding internet points to strangers. That one's second. :P

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10723 on: December 16, 2020, 01:32:50 AM »
@mpart also be wary of:-
* Ghosts chomping down on ambrosia
* Qualified immortal replicating ambrosia, putting it on a bench, and someone else in household (unqualified) eating it
* Thinking it would be cool to give your immortals and to be immortals the exact same clothes and hairstyles and realising after you send someone to replicate/eat ambrosia you sent the unqualified to be immortal instead of the qualified immortal
* A slob sim licking the plate clean of ambrosia
Just four of the many ways I've failed the challenge in the past

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #10724 on: December 17, 2020, 11:46:00 AM »
@mpart: have fun with it either way. It's hard to be the big bad challenge mod and also say "non-HoF challenges are fine bro, I'm serious" but my real goal is just getting more dynasty stories to read instead of awarding internet points to strangers. That one's second. :P

Awww, thanks. I respect that. I definitely plan on posting about it eventually. I just need to stop playing which has been proven to be a challenge. Heh.

@mpart also be wary of:-
* Ghosts chomping down on ambrosia
* Qualified immortal replicating ambrosia, putting it on a bench, and someone else in household (unqualified) eating it
* Thinking it would be cool to give your immortals and to be immortals the exact same clothes and hairstyles and realising after you send someone to replicate/eat ambrosia you sent the unqualified to be immortal instead of the qualified immortal
* A slob sim licking the plate clean of ambrosia
Just four of the many ways I've failed the challenge in the past

Thank you for the tips! Ambrosia has definitely been causing me problems. Well, I guess the food replicators causing me problems would be more accurate. The ambrosia for some reason will not stay in the replicator for more than a few days. I'm not sure that is by design or a glitch though.  :o

anything