Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942595 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10575 on: April 11, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »
Yes, they had already eaten ambrosia.
Cynthia

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10576 on: April 29, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »
@CynKuy: stupid mistakes are the worst, I tell ya! :'(
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10577 on: May 06, 2018, 08:13:31 PM »
One of my helper sims has randomly aged up to elder, he was a YA and was not anywhere near his birthday.  Can I still continue this attempt? I don't mind him getting old but it is strange as he was adopted.
Cynthia

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10578 on: May 07, 2018, 11:06:11 PM »
You should be able to continue on with it as an attempt. At least it was a helper and not a targeted immortal.

Though just wait until someone official-like comes by and says go on :)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10579 on: May 08, 2018, 11:08:11 PM »
@CynKuy: in the past I've recalled that the position is to suck it up and move on. Hopefully you can still get some use out of him.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #10580 on: May 09, 2018, 04:55:25 PM »
No problem, I have another helper already and neither of them is really necessary to the family.
Cynthia

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10581 on: June 08, 2018, 11:14:17 PM »
Hi there, I'm trying in Roaring Heights.

As per the rules in the opening post, I did the following:
* Roaring Heights players can add deathfish spawners in the graveyard.

I put it into the water around the fountain, next to where the other one is and began to play.

My fishing/painting/gardening assistant is nw at the level of being able to fish for deathfish, so I went there at night with him, nothing (and I am there during the hours that the deathfish normally appears). The mist thing doesn't appear, and the 24 hours/day fish aren't there either. The only option he has there is to view it.

I THINK the issue is that the waters in the Roaring Heights Graveyard are made up of pools with fountains. From memory, only insane people can fish in pools, and I don't have any of those, but as my added deathfish spawner isn't working, I suspect an insane person would only be able to catch fish there, but probably only catching the basic fish that appears without a spawner..

Any advice on what I can/should do? I wonder if adding a pond to the graveyard and adding a deathfish spawner would solve the issue? But I've already started and I know that edit town can only be used at the start of the game prior to starting.

Many thanks

Edited to add: I've done a test of making a small pond on the graveyard and added a deathfish spawner to it. I went back into the live game and checked it out ... the fish (all unknown) that are associated with the deathfish spawner are swimming around in it.

Could that line about death fish spawner and the Roaring Heights Graveyard be adjusted to say

* Roaring Heights players can add deathfish spawners and a small pond to the graveyard. Deathfish Spawners won't work in the pools already there.

Also, can I keep going from this point, or would you rather I restart?

Also a picture:
Screenshot-1636.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10582 on: June 09, 2018, 12:02:12 AM »
@Deklitch: you're right! Fishing in pools is just a no-go for some reason (except for the insane and childish and it's not, like, they have a spawner there)

And yes, it means that making a pond in that graveyard is 100% legal. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #10583 on: June 09, 2018, 12:42:41 AM »
Wonderful, thanks @Trip

Edited to add: Success!
Screenshot-1647.jpg

Offline Nevermore

• Quoth the raven;
  • Townie
  • Always dreaming of a winter wonderland.
« Reply #10584 on: October 27, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
I wondered, have you considered doing some alternate smaller challenges that can keep the fun going? A lot of people who attempt this challenge complain about getting bored in later generations or their game getting so bloated it takes forever to load. The portraits and the ice sculptures are the cause of the bloat. It's actually surprising how little actual game play contributes to the actual file size.

I know someone who did an unofficial version of this challenge, where instead of the portraits and sculptures they did something similar to the Life States Dynasty museum style. They created 8 extra tasks, one for each immortal. It wasn't set in which order they had to do them. None where skill related, it was done so the immortals get to have some aspect of a life away from all the skilling or career or property stuff. It kept the fun going for them all the way through, to a point where they were disappointed it ended.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10585 on: November 06, 2018, 12:35:51 PM »
@Nevermore: I wasn't really bored with my dynasty as a whole (yes even with the loading times). But I don't really have a suggestion for challenges. I did attempt to get achievement badges on The Sims 3's site and I'm pretty sure the system is still in place. Sorry to anyone reading this in the future if/when the official site is retired though!

Efficiency was never my goal though and everyone had an active social life if they could. It did mean active enemy making too, lol.

That unofficial challenge in question isn't ringing a bell but I like the idea. It could even be done concurrently with regular Immortal Dynasty doings if done right.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10586 on: December 05, 2018, 01:58:09 AM »
I decided to give this another shot. The last time I attempted this, I got bored w/my founder and quit. I just didn't have anything for her to do except paint. Anyway, I started w/a lady, using Riverview and she moved to 345 River Blossom Hills Dr. Immediately, I took her across the street and worked up a relationship w/Jon Lessen. They were married the next day and he brought in a nice, healthy amount of money. The 2 reasons I chose him was b/c I knew he was completely single and I wanted to nail him before he got partnered up and the other reason was of course, he is very rich. She was able to build a pretty nice house. She has the ltw of world renown surgeon. She is preggers w/her first (and maybe only) child and will go to the hosp and get the medical job as soon as the kid is born. That's as far as I've gotten. I have a question though. How easy is it to get the grand master skill challenge if I choose logic for her super max? I've never done that before is why I ask.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10587 on: December 11, 2018, 09:05:53 PM »
I think grand master is very doable in Riverview, especially early on in a dynasty when there are plenty of potential opponents. I've always had the best luck putting a chess table on the front lawn...no inviting inside just straight to the table.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10588 on: December 12, 2018, 08:00:53 PM »
@Sonshine: I've only completed Grand Master in a Life States Dynasty and with a desperate werewolf, but logic is an extremely popular supermax for a reason and a founder will have an easier time than anyone finding opponents since she can beat any potential ghost towns/population lows just by being first. ;)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #10589 on: December 12, 2018, 09:37:35 PM »
Well, so far I've been locked into one opponent who is in the same career as her husband. Not sure why. I'm trying anyway.

ETA: She played that same opponent last night and then I had her invite the next opponent immediately after they were done and got a different sim. Unfortunately, the game crashed and I have to do it again. : /

anything