Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2976485 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10740 on: January 23, 2021, 06:45:00 AM »
I wish I'd known that DNA donors have to be kept as family friends.  I had DNA from all of the Lucky Palms elders, who have some interesting genes, but Eva was the only one who was friends with them and she died first.  Goodbye samples :(.  Fortunately, I wasn't relying on them and had plenty of others – the Carrs ended up with DNA from twenty Sims, even after losing those samples.

I left all the tombstones in the mausoleum to start with but later sent someone over to collect all of the donors who were left, as well as quite a few other original townies.  They stayed in inventory for a while, then were moved to the family graveyard.  VW took DNA samples from several ghosts.

I did know about travelling causing problems, fortunately.  VW went abroad a couple of times but left her DNA samples with Minnie.  They survived being in a different Sim's inventory perfectly happily.

Clones' traits are a bit odd.  Perfect clones are supposed to have two of their donor's traits, although I had two who picked up a random one instead (neurotic in both cases).  It can be any trait, not just ones that are age-appropriate.

Good clones get traits that EA considers to be positive: artistic, good and/or flirty.  Have to disagree with them on the last of those: the flirty trait's a pain, especially in a dynasty.  Not to mention being wildly inappropriate for a baby :o.  They're also often born with the Attractive LTR, which is useful if a little inexplicable.

Bad clones are supposed to get two 'bad' traits, selected from evil, couch potato, coward and childish.  (Why is a childish baby a bad thing?)

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #10741 on: January 30, 2021, 05:40:45 PM »
@hazelnut Wow, clones come with so many interesting possibilities and quirks! I've started my immortal dynasty and the first clone was created without a hitch, thankfully. It's going to be a challenge to stay friends with everyone. I never would have done that if not for the advice I've gotten here on the forum, so thank you!

Also, I'm definitely experiencing the problems with collecting that you mentioned. I've had a lot of trouble finding special seeds - the one spot that consistently spawns them is right up against a steep mountainside, so 85% of the time the seeds are visible but inaccessible. It's infuriating. Luckily one of the first seeds I did manage to collect was a life fruit seed, but I was getting really nervous for a while! (And I have yet to find a money tree seed, so my founder's gardening career is going at a crawl even though she's almost an adult...sigh)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10742 on: January 30, 2021, 06:10:24 PM »
@Beks: since you have University Life, plant red berry bean coffee plants. It's not AS efficient as money trees but they can sell for a couple hundred each at perfect quality and have great yield per plant.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10744 on: February 13, 2021, 06:52:30 PM »
Sighs Error Code 12 when I went to save. Both save and save as. Closed all non Sims 3 programs open and tried again, but same result. My drivers needed to be updated so I updated them, but couldn't get re-enter Sims 3 game, so had to shutdown computer and restart.

Shall go back to previous save, which was apparently done on 31st January ... 14 days without saving or shutting down the game - what do I expect but an Error 12? lol

Interesting to see how much progress I lost aka was Sage a child or a toddler?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10745 on: February 13, 2021, 07:01:28 PM »
@Deklitch: previous save is fine! I've permanently lost pollination progress before. You learn to accept the results eventually...

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10746 on: February 13, 2021, 07:08:44 PM »
@Trip thanks

Sage was a child!

Malcolm is alive and in da house

So, let's see how long Malcolm survives this time :P

Will double check on the status of Sage's child museum pieces (and Sky's adult ones)

I think I also need to remove the Butterfly Bonanza from her completed Opportunities

I believe that Sky had completed all 6 Black Ops by now. There's no real way to confirm ops completed and not completed easily, is there?

Dek

Edited to add:
Right, I've been able to confirm that Sky's 6 black ops have been saved.

All of Sage's museum pieces (toddler and child) were done as were Sky's Toddler-Adult museum pieces.

Sage will need to purchase her building and property again (when a teen), but given the amount of family funds (800,000 or so plus lots of photographs and paintings around the house) that won't be an issue. In this version of it, Malcolm is still alive and the nooboos from CyclOne and Ethan have been given different names ... though are still boys/girls as per the previous version).

Different people have died this time around. But I can continue, and I will save and close down after each day now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #10747 on: May 12, 2021, 04:09:28 PM »
I have a question about ice sculptures. The rules state that photos and ice sculptures of immortals are "purely optional". Does that mean that, even if a player decides to do photographs and sculptures of all the immortals, a missing one doesn't matter? Or does choosing to include photos and sculptures in the museum make them a requirement along with portraits? If that makes sense.

I ask because in my Branch Immortal Dynasty, I accidentally sculpted Gen 3's toddler sculpture using a Sim who hadn't completed the Ice Personality challenge yet...so the sculpture melted. I didn't realize until Gen 3 had already aged up to child and it was too late to make a replacement sculpture. Did I just fail the challenge? (I feel like I did, since I obviously made a mistake, but if sculptures are as optional as they sound in the rules, then maybe I'm okay? Just wanted to check.)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10748 on: May 12, 2021, 06:04:00 PM »
@Beks: missing sculptures and photos hurt nothing but your museum score and ego. ;) But yeah a lot of successful dynasties ran into that and it's not a challenge ender.

Offline Beks

• Immortal
« Reply #10749 on: May 12, 2021, 06:16:56 PM »
@Trip Oh, phew! Thank you. I'm so relieved. I wasn't ready to give up on the Branches! My ego is pretty damaged, though. :P

Offline Saffron

• Nooboo
« Reply #10750 on: February 17, 2022, 11:02:51 AM »
Inspired by you all, I was thinking about trying an Immortal Challenge in Dragon Valley. Honestly, not using mods (especially the NRAAS suite) may be the hardest part ;-) I had a couple of questions:
- would I be allowed to place the Duke of Bows Renaissance Fair in it? (this is the premium venue for Dragon Valley that has to be purchased separately)
- would I bellowed to use .pkg versions of the Store Content that I own (I ask because some of the items would likely be considered mods if a player created them, rather than EA, and I could see the converted .pkg file also technically coming under “mods”). I’m thinking seriously of converting my store content to .pkg files in order to have more control over what to use (I find installing and deinstalling it via the Sims 3 Launcher to be tedious at best, and often find the installed Store content doesn’t show up as something that I can deinstall).

Thank you in advance, and for continuing to support  this challenge long after many, if not most players moved on to Sims 4 exclusively..

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10751 on: February 17, 2022, 12:07:10 PM »
Any Store venue is fair game, have fun with it!

I don't see an issue with using converted Store content. I've done it for difficult files...(there's one dress that is actually broken as a sims3pack but not as a package)

Offline Saffron

• Nooboo
« Reply #10752 on: February 17, 2022, 01:25:02 PM »
Thanks, @Trip  :)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10753 on: March 09, 2022, 02:17:26 AM »
This has probably been asked at some point, but if the Master Planter Gardening Skill Challenge is not registering as completed, despite the Plant History table showing >19 plants, can we count it as complete for the purposes of SuperMaxing gardening?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10754 on: March 11, 2022, 12:14:20 AM »
@Seabody: sure. If you can provide proof of 19+ plants that'd be even better.