Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942903 times)

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8775 on: September 26, 2013, 05:09:28 PM »
I've tried it a few times, but only had it work once. Sim friend showed up, then promptly fled. ;D

It might be the time of day, if late at night, or their needs are low. It maybe a time they are "working" as well.

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8776 on: September 27, 2013, 09:06:27 PM »
Ok, thank you all I will try at the end of the weekend because I am going away & I couldn't go on the sims yesterday. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #8777 on: September 28, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »
Nutella, I didn't know we should clear DCCache, I thought it was DCBackup? 
Another thing that might help:  Close your sims game, clear your cache (package files, world cache, thumbnails, DCCache), then restart your game.
Cynthia

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8778 on: September 28, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
Nutella, I didn't know we should clear DCCache, I thought it was DCBackup?

If you have custom content, then I don't recommend it.  Deleting all those package files should be good enough.  I play without custom content, so I don't have problem deleting DCCache :) 

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8779 on: September 28, 2013, 04:15:55 PM »
Well, you could always start posting your story, and then go back and edit them to add the screenshots. :)
Thanks for the tip :) but I kinda need the pictures to tell the story :)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8780 on: September 28, 2013, 09:30:35 PM »
Hi everyone,

I joined the forum today because I have been reading about the challenges here and decided I want to try one, so I decided to try this. I have only been really playing the Sims for a short time but I've had it for years, I just would always create a Sim like me really and play for a little bit, now I've learned how fun it is to play different kinds of characters and what all I can do in the game.

So I'm going to attempt this now :) Is there anything I need to do to sign up or get started? I'm sure I will have a lot of questions later because I don't understand everything just yet but I will keep reading the thread, there's a lot to read :)
- Jessica

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8781 on: September 28, 2013, 10:11:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum! There isn't any formal process for starting an immortal dynasty/"joining" the challenge. Just follow the rules and play! It's so incredibly fun.

By the way, there is absolutely no need to read all 350+ pages of this thread. Just the rules on the first page, pretty much.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #8782 on: September 28, 2013, 11:08:05 PM »
I need a little help understanding the rules for the super max skills - If I want to have one immortal have the supermax skill be Inventing and then they also max out painting and sculpting (for da vinci LTW) then another one has supermax skill of writing and then also maxes painting (for Illustrious author LTW) is that valid? They both have maxed painting but neither is claiming that as the unique super max skill. Is that right?
- Jessica

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8783 on: September 28, 2013, 11:11:02 PM »
That would be correct.  Once one Immortal maxes a skill, it is ineligible to be a future supermax.  So in a lot of ways, it's easier to keep those skills you want reserved for one Immortal away from all the other ones because if say your Founder later maxes handiness on accident, no one can use it as a supermax skill for requirements and it can actually make you fail, depending upon whether you have enough time to supermax another skill.

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #8784 on: September 28, 2013, 11:47:48 PM »
I apologize if this has been asked and answered somewhere in the 350 pages of the thread.  I looked for a quite a while and tried some searches, but didn't find an answer.  What do we do if our Immortal Sim is not getting ANY opportunities.  Everyone else in the house has phones ringing all the time, but not the Immortal. I know that one of the reasons is that he's self-employed (horseman career) but when I was running into some issues with supermaxing riding, I supermaxed alchemy, figuring that would also get me the Philosopher's Stone opportunity chain. No luck. So I added some skill points in gardening, fishing, athletic and charisma, and still haven't gotten any skill challenges. I am running out of skills to add without risking a lot of future mischief in the dynasty.

I've maxed the horseman career so I suppose I could drop it and join another one -- is there a good one for creating a bunch of opportunities quickly?

Is this a problem with Aurora Skies, perhaps?

Any tips anyone has will be greatly appreciated!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #8785 on: September 28, 2013, 11:49:24 PM »
Combined rabithole careers cause issues.  But I would take business or education since they both give decent opportunities, at least in my experience.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8786 on: September 29, 2013, 12:22:07 AM »
Any self employment career is always a problem with opportunities.  Try rabbit hole careers (like business, culinary, law, etc.) 

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #8787 on: September 29, 2013, 12:27:29 AM »
Thanks.  I know I need a rabbithole career, because of the problems with self-employment.  I appreciate the tip to try business or education.  Does anyone know why skill-related opportunities might not be showing up? I am partly asking because I wonder if I should scrap the dynasty attempt at this early stage, if this is likely to be an ongoing problem.

Thanks again!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8788 on: September 29, 2013, 12:29:37 AM »
Base game skill related opportunities should be showing up if you have at least like level 4.  I find that if I only have 1 or 2 skill levels, very little opportunities pop. 

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #8789 on: September 29, 2013, 01:32:48 AM »
If it's at all possible, you could throw the Immortal in question into the Private Investigator career for the required number of Ops left you need, then take up horseman again.

anything