Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978288 times)

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #8851 on: October 12, 2013, 12:21:16 PM »
I never managed to get that save to load, so I tried the previous one and it worked fine. Luckily, it was less than five in-game minutes earlier, since I tend to save several times close together before I stop playing. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jamie

• Occult
« Reply #8852 on: October 12, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »
If I have a sim saved to the bin that's an original townie, am I allowed to use them as my founder only for their looks? I'd change their name, traits, LTW, clothes, everything but the looks.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8853 on: October 12, 2013, 06:07:37 PM »
If I have a sim saved to the bin that's an original townie, am I allowed to use them as my founder only for their looks? I'd change their name, traits, LTW, clothes, everything but the looks.

Yes.

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
  • Ruining your childhood since 1995
« Reply #8854 on: October 12, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »
Alright, I'm about ready to enter panic mode, as my third generation isn't getting any more unique opportunities in the homeworld. I was wondering if opportunities from University could count, like "Give a Whiteboard Presentation" or ops like that. I'm almost at my wits end with her, as I had her pick up three different skills and she still isn't getting any new opportunities.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8855 on: October 12, 2013, 08:45:39 PM »
Most university ops don't count. Occasionally, you can get ops from uni that occupy one of the regular op slots, but always check if they do or not before counting them.

While I do read your dynasty, I somehow forgot what career Tatiana is in. Is she in a rabbithole career or is she self-employed?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
« Reply #8856 on: October 12, 2013, 08:52:36 PM »
Most university ops don't count. Occasionally, you can get ops from uni that occupy one of the regular op slots, but always check if they do or not before counting them.

While I do read your dynasty, I somehow forgot what career Tatiana is in. Is she in a rabbithole career or is she self-employed?

Alright, thank you. I'm in a bit of a panic because she still has a long way to go and four days to elder.

She's in a rabbithole career, Art Appraisal. She's halfway through level nine.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8857 on: October 12, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »
I never tried the art appraisal career, so I have no idea how many ops it brings. Once she's done with that career, you could place her in another rabbithole career with guaranteed ops. Or have her be a temporary Private Investigator since PI cases are treated as ops.

I really hope she succeeds, by the way!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #8858 on: October 12, 2013, 09:39:14 PM »
Art appraisal career doesn't have much opps, all the new university career have very little opps.  Yes, you can finish her career then put her in private investigation for the opps.

Offline Crazylittleloon

• Occult
« Reply #8859 on: October 12, 2013, 09:45:44 PM »
I never tried the art appraisal career, so I have no idea how many ops it brings. Once she's done with that career, you could place her in another rabbithole career with guaranteed ops. Or have her be a temporary Private Investigator since PI cases are treated as ops.

I really hope she succeeds, by the way!

It has next to none, hence why I was mostly relying on skill opportunities. They provided until when she got into the middle of her adult stage, then I just kept getting the same ones over and over. She's highly skilled in painting, photography, and fishing and SuperMaxed street art, so I figured that I'd get way more than what I had.

I'll have to look into becoming a PI. I'm sending her to university to see if I can get anything out of that (I did get one from merely taking the test, so I just need one more).

I hope she does, too. I'd hate to crash and burn when I've just gotten generation five into the picture.  :-[

Offline CodyAlex

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8860 on: October 13, 2013, 04:30:30 AM »
Metro or Pam, I need some advice as soon as possible!!!
My founder is about to consume ambrosia, but when I saw his portraits, I realised that his face is pixelled out. Does this still count? :(

Offline rodeo199

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8861 on: October 13, 2013, 04:46:21 AM »
I'm not Metro or Pam, but if the portrait is blurry it still counts as their portrait.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #8862 on: October 13, 2013, 05:20:58 AM »
I want to double check, for the inventing skill does the Master Invention opportunity chain count as one or can they be counted as separate opportunities?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8863 on: October 13, 2013, 07:21:55 AM »
Metro or Pam, I need some advice as soon as possible!!!
My founder is about to consume ambrosia, but when I saw his portraits, I realised that his face is pixelled out. Does this still count? :(

Rodeo199 is correct.  The quality of the painting doesn't matter.  Sometimes even masterpieces look blurry to us.  It still counts as the official portrait.

I want to double check, for the inventing skill does the Master Invention opportunity chain count as one or can they be counted as separate opportunities?

It counts as separate opportunities.  The way you know for sure is to look at the name of the opportunity.  If it's different from the one before it, then it counts as a separate opportunity.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #8864 on: October 13, 2013, 07:23:11 AM »
Thanks Pam, I thought that was the case :)
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

anything