Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941756 times)

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #10695 on: April 05, 2020, 01:09:53 PM »
Is there a way to ditch social group influence? Nerds and their constant berating ignorance is making things rather spicy every time a their a party and don't micro manage and I generally like a little chaos, but I'm also not trying to lose friends and risk the Culling

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #10696 on: April 05, 2020, 01:21:53 PM »
@Chubling: it'll naturally deplete on its own if you don't "tend" to it but getting rid of it completely (like in the strictest way) also means no video games, arcades, or Science supermax. You can probably avoid gaining it from friends by keeping up the friendship indirectly through phone calls, elixirs, party invites, having them watch you play an instrument, etc. Every guide on social influence, including ours, only says that telling stories and jokes with nerds specifically is what increases it but I'm not entirely sure about that. I didn't write them.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nella

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10697 on: May 24, 2020, 03:51:19 PM »
Can I add CC at any time in the dynasty? I think the answer is yes but I wanted to check first. I'm new in using them so for now I'm experimenting in other saves, seeing what I like and what my laptop supports, so it's a slow process, but what pleases me (and my computer) I want to add it to the dynasty.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10698 on: May 24, 2020, 07:36:56 PM »
@Trip: from one CC addict to another...yes. ;) It's not that daunting I swear!

Offline Nella

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10699 on: May 24, 2020, 08:01:08 PM »
@Trip I'm new to the CC's world but quickly becoming addicted. So much to choose!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10700 on: September 13, 2020, 10:51:42 PM »
An interesting new thing happened to me in my latest attempt, so I think I'm up to another attempt. For those keeping count, if you take the number of seconds in a year, multiple it by 4 score and subtract the cubic root of 27, you get the number of attempts I've made so far.

My latest one ... (after my CC mysteriously disappeared again after just reloading it) ... my founder became a witch, she learnt alchemy learnt to make friendship/best friendship potions and then tossed them at teenage boys around Sunset Valley. She had also befriended Aggie K to look after her painting/photography/ssculpting for the museum.

Parker Langerak aged up to YA and he and kid sister, Kaylynn moved in. He had 'master romancer' as his ltw so I sent him around befriending ladies with my founder's best friend making potions and toured the cinema and the town hall with them around town. Still working through them.

That's all going well. What hasn't gone so well is when my founder found her happiness in the arms of Ethan Bunch. I was checking his age status daily until he hit young adulthood ... so founder moved in for the kill (I mean kiss) and married him.

When he got added to the family portrait listing, I noticed that he appears above my founder in the list, indicating he is older than her. I checked his lifestage and it confirmed - he was day 1 Adult (instead of day 1 Young Adult) and she had about a week to go before becoming an adult.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me, and I've got no idea how it happened. Is it something to do with the fact that she married him on the day he graduated from High School? Anyway, what do you suggest I do? I know this sort of thing can happen if you marry the newspaper delivery kids, pizza delivery people, etc, but didn't know it could happen with townie kids. Anyway, what can I try?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10701 on: September 14, 2020, 06:27:49 AM »
Don't fret because I've had it happen to an original townie teenager too when I moved him in too close to his YA birthday. It's not AS likely to happen with resident sims but it's not unheard of.

If you don't care about Ethan's age then just leave him be, if you do then go back to a previous save and wait a day to move him in and see what happens.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10702 on: September 14, 2020, 10:33:00 PM »
Thanks Trip, I really didn't care about his age, but was aware of the no shortening age thing with this challenge.

Anyway, when I went in to play last night, his age went ... back to where I was expecting it to be the first time - Day 1 of YA, instead of Day 1 of Adult.

So it seems it is back on the go again.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10703 on: September 14, 2020, 11:03:21 PM »
We can't police every day a townie loses or gains when they're not part of the household. It's prudent to ask, but I gave up on any dream of the system making sense a long time ago. :P

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #10704 on: October 18, 2020, 07:28:44 AM »
I seem to have a corrupt game file (sticks on the loading screen forever).  Am I OK to go back to an earlier save?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10705 on: October 18, 2020, 08:15:00 AM »
@hazelnut: sure thing, good luck!

Offline fansidoodle

• Townie
« Reply #10707 on: November 20, 2020, 10:41:25 AM »
How come placing the dive spots from IP is banned? Seeing as you can just save the 4 main dive spots, place empty lots in the water, place the dive spots, and finally make sure it is set as dive spot. It doesn't affect the age of your sims and it is easier to play dive spots in other worlds as IP can be glitchy.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10708 on: November 20, 2020, 01:01:40 PM »
@fansidoodle: the decision was made because it requires a lot of cheating though that is only to save the lot. Here's my question to you because sadly I'm at work right now: save the dive lot as instructed, and if you can place it in a non-IP world and have it be functional without using cheats on that end, we'll talk about it. I'm gonna go back in time to when the decision was made.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10709 on: November 20, 2020, 01:05:59 PM »
 When it first came out, I placed a dive lot in Sunset Valley to see if it could be done, and it was messed up. Without cheats, it doesn't work correctly. The waters aren't deep enough.

anything