Author Topic: Game crashes after a few minutes  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Gulliver the cat!

• Townie
Game crashes after a few minutes
« on: February 08, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
Hi all. My game for the past few days has been crashing after a few minutes (especially in CAS). I have all the EPs up to IP and a couple of SPs, my game is updated to 1.63 (would updating help?), I use a good amount of CC (3rd party and store) and a few mods. I originally thought it was bad CC, so I scanned it with Delphy's Dashboard, nothing. Looked through everything in my downloads, still nothing. So I just uninstalled it all, and my game still crashed. I don't really know what to do now, so any help is greatly appreciated :-\

Also, it crashes when I start seeing these weird black boxes (picture below, it has red arrows pointing to them) and if I minimize it, it will just be a blue screen (not of death, just a blue screen with nothing on it) and I just have to close the program either way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Townie
Re: Game crashes after a few minutes
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 12:51:01 PM »
Yes, I updated them the last time I patched (1.63). That was a month or so ago, and this is only been happening for a few days.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 01:18:58 PM »
I know you said you checked your CC, but have you installed anything new in the past week or two? Try uninstalling that. If that doesn't help, maybe you should clear your caches or try a factory reset. Instructions on how to do these things are on this board.

Hope this helps!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 01:26:28 PM »
I am going to try a factory reset. It was what I thought I might have to do, I just wanted to know if I was the only one with this problem (or if I was missing something obvious, haha).

-Gulliver

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 03:03:00 PM »
How are your video card drivers? Have you updated them as well? I had a similar problem a while back where I would just get thrown back to my computer desktop without warning. I updated the drivers for my video card and that seemed to stabilize my game a bit.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 05:05:28 PM »
I'd try a factory reset, like suggested. Save your Sims 3 folder to your desktop, for safe keeping.

Factory reset - Rename your current Sims 3 folder to something like Sims 3 Current. Click the Sims 3 icon to create a new Sims 3 folder. Then copy your game saves, files and such over to the new game to see if that helps. (This is different from a total-game reinstall)

Make sure your video card driver is up to date. - Go to video card's manufacturer's website to search for updates.

Also, for future reference, here's a page that has some tips on helping with game crashes.

Game Crashes (CTD)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/error-game-crashes-ctd.html

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »
The factory reset solved it, but if it happens again I will be sure to look into my video card thingie ;D

Thanks everyone, you are all really helpful!