Author Topic: A Bunch Of Jobs and Rewards  (Read 34600 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
A Bunch Of Jobs and Rewards
« on: February 16, 2014, 07:22:02 AM »
A Bunch of Jobs and Rewards

Goal
Every year we always offer up a jobs/career type of challenge. This year the twist on that is courtesy of Challenge Team member, ratchie — you have to play Sunset Valley’s Bunch family.

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • You’re playing the Bunch family in Sunset Valley and can never switch households or move to a different town.
  • You are allowed to use Edit Town before going into Live Mode to move the Bunch family to a different house if you want to. Otherwise, there is no moving.
  • No one can move out.
  • No changing life states.
  • No adding to the household except natural pregnancies for Judy and pets.
  • No drinking or throwing elixirs.
  • No using herbs, coffee beans, or drinks.
  • All maxed jobs must be unique for Teens and Adults—i.e. if Teen A maxes job B, then job B is off limits for everyone else.
  • All pre-Young Adult children may be caked up one time for every maxed unique job.  Teens and Adults alike can max jobs to enable caking up. All pre-Young Adult children must be caked up at the same time (Young Adult offspring are not caked up). This is a one time offer per maxed job..use it or lose it. In other words, if Judy maxes her job on a Monday, and Jack maxes his job on a Thursday, you have to cake up all the kids for Judy’s maxed job before Jack would max his job on Thursday.
  • 30 days vacation/future travel/University allowed. Everyone who goes on vacation counts against this allowed amount — i.e. if 3 Bunch members go into the future for 5 days, then you have spent 15 days against your allotment.
  • The Advanced Technology skill is allowed for this event.
  • No Time Machine.
  • This challenge ends at Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM.

Scoring

Scoring is based on how many unique jobs the Bunch family have maxed (reached the highest possible level) as well as collecting as many different job related rewards.   

Job Cap — Award yourself 1000 points for any maxed job unique to a Sim. All 4 types of jobs qualify: rabbit-hole, self-employment, professions, and part-time.

Rewards — Your multiplier is the total number of physical/placeable objects you get as perks for accomplishing things in some of the various jobs. Rewards (including Skill Certificates) can only be scored if you max a given career associated with an object. Everyone starts the game with a reward multiplier of 1.00. Here's what qualifies as a reward:

All Career physical reward objects (police cruiser, stereo, special fridge, Fox trophy, etc.)  Reward objects that can be received more than once per job do not count. The following are exceptions.
  • Only one horse trophy per type of race regardless of difficulty is allowed to be counted.
  • Only one Simfest per career can be counted
Skill Certificates. Skill Certificates can only be the result of maxed work-related skills (metric or skill learned from career op). Any career opportunity received that opens up a skill must be completed if a player is to count a skill certificate.
Service Rewards such as ribbons.

It’s recommended you do not get rid of any rewards during the course of the challenge, so you can get an accurate count at the end of the event.

Each reward adds 5% (.05) to your multiplier.

NOTE: Celebrity freebies are NOT rewards in this challenge. Other items that DO NOT qualify as rewards — meals taken home from the restaurant, medical and police beepers, stylist and architect portfolios, items used to increase your job performance (i.e. box of danger or spirit device), any kind of books/journals that are part of normal job reading, paintings and sculptures that were "swiped" in the criminal career would not qualify as rewards. But, similar objects awarded as promotions in the criminal career DO count. 

DO NOT ask in this thread if a certain item qualifies as a reward. PM the team with your question.

Total — Add up the number of job caps from your Bunch family. Then take that amount and multiply it by your rewards. I’ll walk you through an example.

Example: You get to the end of your 4th week and the Bunch family have hit 11 different job caps. They have also acquired 15 different rewards.
11 job caps = 11000 points
15 rewards X .05 = .75. Final multiplier = 1.00 + .75 = 1.75
Your Total = 11000 X 1.75 = 19250

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. This seasons’ events are shorter and the team has less time to test potential loopholes. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, and Blackrosea) for clarifications. Thanks.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Job Cap     Rewards     Total     
Chare210002.7557,750
Jagid180003.2057,600
ratchie190003.0057,000
LenaLJ200002.8557,000
Femke82150003.1046,500
alyssa.cole150002.9043,500
Metropolis Man160002.4038,400
Alexandria_110002.8531,350
mayayeti72120002.5530,600
Turoskel130001.9525,350
Kirstie110002.2524,750
KRae100002.0520,500
MarianT110001.6518,150
YukiA90001.7015,300
Lady Orc80001.8014,400
rubywyld70001.6011,200
SIMantics10140001.004,000
DeklitchDNF

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: Bunch Of Jobs and Rewards
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:01:18 AM »
All children may be caked up one time for every maxed unique job.  Teens and Adults alike can max jobs to enable caking up. All children must be caked up at the same time. This is a one time offer per maxed job..use it or lose it. In other words, if Judy maxes her job on a Monday, and Jack maxes his job on a Thursday, you have to cake up all the kids for Judy’s maxed job before Jack would max his job on Thursday.

Could you explain this in a different way for me, please? I'm not quite sure I understand.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 03:09:59 AM »
Ah, this is very clever!  Playing a specific townie family is a nice twist.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:29 AM »
I would like clarification on the same point as Alexandria_ please, and thanks in advance :)
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 06:13:53 AM »
Ditto to Alexandria and Sassy.

I read this, that if Judy Maxes a Job you can cake up all kids one level but this needs to be done before any other jobs are maxed. 

Can you confirm please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 06:24:57 AM »
Ditto to Alexandria and Sassy.

I read this, that if Judy Maxes a Job you can cake up all kids one level but this needs to be done before any other jobs are maxed. 

Can you confirm please?

You have it right. Let's say Judy maxes her Science career first. You do not have to cake up the kids at all, so let's get that clear. But, if you choose to cake up the kids you have to cake ALL of them up before someone else would max a career and you have the option to cake up again. In other words, you have to choose to cake up after each job maxed. If Judy maxes her Science career and you take a temporary pass at caking up, and then Jack maxes his Military career, what we do not want is you caking up the kids two times. You have to make a one time decision for caking up after each job.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
Thank you for clarifying that. Is the caking up just for baby-child stage?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 09:34:07 AM »
I was wondering the same thing, also whether you can stop caking up the children once they reach young adult.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2014, 12:49:01 PM »
Sounds like fun!

With the caking-up thing I think, perhaps the word "children" is confusing us, because it can mean "the sons and daughters of Jack and Judy" or it can mean the ones that are in the "child" life stage...

What I understand is that before they are YA, they should all be aged at the same time, but once they reach YA, they're not children anymore, so if you want to age up all the children a second time, the two eldest, since they are not kids anymore, don't need to be aged up... But please confirm!
¡Pura vida!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 01:19:33 PM »
Sounds like fun!

With the caking-up thing I think, perhaps the word "children" is confusing us, because it can mean "the sons and daughters of Jack and Judy" or it can mean the ones that are in the "child" life stage...

What I understand is that before they are YA, they should all be aged at the same time, but once they reach YA, they're not children anymore, so if you want to age up all the children a second time, the two eldest, since they are not kids anymore, don't need to be aged up... But please confirm!

Yeah let me try and clarify. Tell me after I make the edit if it's better.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2014, 02:17:08 PM »
Yes, the edit makes things clear. I was pretty sure that that was what was meant. On the other hand, turning all the Bunch children into elders might be iteresting  ;D
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 05:40:32 AM »

• No adding to the household except natural pregnancies for Judy and pets.

So Judy can try for baby and have more kids?

Although after BBV I don't think I ever want to hear those chimes again! :-D

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 11:23:04 AM »
Thanks Metro!… We should have something like a "like" button, or a "got it" button…  ;D
¡Pura vida!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 12:48:08 PM »
Thanks Metro!… We should have something like a "like" button, or a "got it" button…  ;D

Just press your index finger against my Barbarian avatar and it serves the same purpose. And if you use your imagination he giggles like the Pillsbury Doughboy.

anything