Author Topic: Ghost Hunter Bingo II: Let the Spirit Move You  (Read 39716 times)

Offline purpletiger

• Nooboo
Re: Ghost Hunter Bingo II: Let the Spirit Move You
« Reply #105 on: April 14, 2014, 12:33:02 PM »
This was my first time ever playing a ghost hunter! I got ambitions last month just for the Bunch challenge (which I ran out of time to do, ironically enough) so it was a lot of fun to have a challenge to test things out.

At the end of his ghost hunting run, PJ Venkman was left with:

Household funds: $32,188
Bingo points: 30

Total: 32,188 x 1.30 = 41,844

It was hard to stop playing because I wanted to keep catching all the ghosts!  ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »
Haha purpletiger, I have a Peter Venkman in my dynasty too!  Good choice of name.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2014, 01:03:21 PM »
Household Funds = $68,966
Bingos = 92 points
Final Multiplier = 1.00 + 92 = 1.92

Final Challenge Score = 68966 X 1.92 = 132,415

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »
Just one day left! Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2014, 08:06:23 PM »
Dean Winchester worked hard to get all the ghosts and jobs he could. He missed having his brother, Sam Winchester, around with all the supernatural events going on in town.

Household funds: $89,531
Bingo points: 139

Total: 89,531 x 2.39 = 213,979

Offline bluebelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2014, 11:10:22 PM »
Alanna Spirit had fun being my guinea pig Ghost Hunter.

Household funds - $34,782
Bingo - 22

Total: 34,782x1.22= 42,434

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
Janine Melnitz did her best as a rookie 'buster.  My first time trying the career and I think I figured where the big money tipping point was, but she just didn't get there in time.

But still here's her score.

Base total $29,246
Bingos : 16 (sooo many friendly young ghosts, and almost no ancients at all...)

Adjusted total : $33,925

Can't wait to see the strategies of the experts!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2014, 06:17:31 PM »
I thought I did pretty well then I calculated my score and I didn't. Haha oh well it was fun.

Total: $40,402
Bingos: 49

Final: 60,198

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2014, 07:42:04 PM »
Total: $64,128
Bingos: 70

Final: 109,017

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2014, 02:54:28 AM »
Total Funds :  34503
Total Bingo :  50

Altogether:  34503 X 1.50 = 51754.
Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2014, 06:23:14 AM »
This event is now closed. 41 participants — wow, that makes me happy in this final year of Sims 3 challenges. Great job, everyone. And I am super pleased to announce Blackrosea as the champion of this event. Well done!

Everyone is free to share their strategy now.

The one thing I will share that I discovered a long time ago (when testing for the first event a couple years ago) is that actually reading logic books quickly in the library is a fantastic way to gain career levels before the very first GH profession job fires at 5pm on Monday. So, I kept my guy up with coffee beans for a day and a half and had him read like crazy before the first round of profession jobs spawned on Monday.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2014, 06:33:09 AM »
Wow, that's a super score Blackrosea, congratulations! Really looking forward to seeing your strategy.

Here is mine:

Traits I chose were bookworm, genius (to gain logic skill quick smart), slob (not to waste time showering & getting a bad moodlet), overemotional & ambitious (to gain LTR points quickly). I created a basic small house in a central location in town with free floor & wall covering which I recoloured to my liking to save money and bought a toilet. Then I only bought other stuff if I was given a wish for them to gain points. I bought enough maui beans to last 2 weeks and only ate those which means I didn’t have to sleep at all. I spent the first couple of days in the library powering through logic books so that when I started my ghost hunter career I went straight to L5. Then just continued fulfilling easy wishes, skilling logic and doing jobs until I got to L10 by the end of the first week. I got lots of LTH points for maxing logic and completing my lifetime wish meant my mood meter was maxed for the rest of the 2nd week. YAY!

I got the following LTH rewards in this order: entrepreneurial mindset (to get to L10 faster), professional simoleon booster (to get more money from ghost sales), opportunistic (this was wasted as I didn’t get one ghost hunter opportunity the whole time), multitasker (again to help get to L10 faster), steel bladder, no bills ever (not to erode my household funds) and dirt defiant after I had a last shower at the fire station (to get rid of the smelly moodlet as my bar was in the red all the time). I had lots of LTH points left but I couldn’t think of what else would be worth buying to help my Simmy. I got friendly with ghosts on jobs before banishing them to keep my social meter full and get positive moodlets for making new friends.

Once I got the ghost locating device, the 2nd week was spent scanning for and bagging ghosts. This was easy by using map view to see where they were. I didn’t sleep, just popped a maui bean when the buzz wore off from the previous one. I avoided community investigations in the 2nd week as I didn’t get any ghosts to sell from those. I don’t know what my ghosts would have been worth without investing in the professional simoleon booster reward, but I was happy with ending on $54,737.

I managed 2 x old bingos, 6 x kind, 4 x friendly, 6 x frightened and 2 x lost (56 points) without needing the free “X” from the awards. The 5 service awards I got I used to finish off  the more lucrative bingo combinations: 1 x old bingo (8 points) and 4 x jealous  bingos (28 points). Total = 92

Thanks to the challenge team for such a fun tournament so far and to all those kind people on this forum and on SimsWiki for sharing their tips & tricks.

Offline charliemaybe

• Nooboo
« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2014, 06:36:07 AM »
not my best effort ...

Household funds - 17,816
Bingos - 1.00 + 28 = 1.28
Total - 17,816 X 1.28 = 22,804

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »
I don't have the EP with coffee beans so my sim actually had to sleep, so I got her the best single bed and made her love the outdoors and went the outdoor living route. Her other traits were Ambitious, Bookworm, Genius, and Klepto (to get a fast car and the positive moodlet for returning stuff). First day she got the job, bought fruit, and hit the library. Hard. She ended up catching 152 spirits, a lot more than my test run, but only popped one GH opportunity, way less than my test run. That kind of hurt her in the funds department. I never, in both test and actual, caught one single wrathful spirit.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2014, 08:31:25 AM »
Congratulations blackrosea, well done.