Author Topic: A Portrait of My Hometown  (Read 44542 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: A Portrait of My Hometown
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2014, 11:04:09 AM »
You have until the deadline of the challenge (April 30th for this one). So it's not too late right now.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Alexandra88

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »
I thought I did pretty good in this challenge.  I think know what I could have done to possibly get more portraits but for not doing a practice I'm happy with my score.

The total of the top ten portraits was 20,782 and 18 sims were painted for a multiplier of 1.18.  20,782*1.18 = 24,523.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jagid

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2014, 09:48:34 PM »
I figured it out! Hallelujah!!  8)

All those awesome scores inspired me to run a postmortem (after-the-fact, non-scoring, for research purposes) file to see if I could figure out how they got those incredible scores. I am so glad I did! I learned a lot!!

If my scoring file had been my practice file and my postmortem file had been my scoring file I would have earned 57,412 points off 43,494 simoleans of top 10 large portraits and a total of 32 large portraits painted!

I usually concentrate my for-fun games on gardening, fishing, and cooking and I go for Ambrosia ASAP so I never have really tried to get a painter into megabucks as fast as possible before. I had some very bad painter habits!

Thank you Carl, Pam, Metro, Rachel, Blackrosea, Nutella, MarianT, High Scorers, and everyone else who plays these challenges for inspiring me to learn how to be so much better at this part of the game and for providing such a wonderful group of people to learn from and play with!!  ;D

Offline nikkiheat

• Nooboo
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2014, 11:16:15 PM »
Total Portraits: 41

Top 10 Value: 45,263

1.41 x 45,263 = 63,820 points

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2014, 06:37:04 AM »
I did way better in this challenge than I imagined I would!

Top ten portraits value: $68,062

Portraits painted: 33

1.33 x 68,062 = 90,522

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
Top 10 portraits:

Unique Portraits:

Score:
- Jessica

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 04:05:22 AM »
Portraits painted 36
top 10 = 43,165

total score = 58,704

I nearly had my last portrait finished but I ran out of time. It was of Agnus Crumplebottom and I had it all staged so that as the sun went down behind the easel it would be a portrait of Agnus.... but then I realised the challenged ended at midday.... ::)   luckily I noticed in time or I would have been a DNF in the last seconds lol

I really enjoyed this challenge, thanks everyone who has been involved organising etc  :D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rannera

• Nooboo
  • Meep!
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 05:52:59 AM »
I've not done a challenge before, but this looks like a good one to start with. :) I think I have a fun weekend ahead of me!
<a href="http://spaceacy.wordpress.com/">The Spaceacy!</a>

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2014, 06:10:29 AM »
Portraits painted 36
top 10 = 43,165

total score = 58,704

I nearly had my last portrait finished but I ran out of time. It was of Agnus Crumplebottom and I had it all staged so that as the sun went down behind the easel it would be a portrait of Agnus.... but then I realised the challenged ended at midday.... ::)   luckily I noticed in time or I would have been a DNF in the last seconds lol

I really enjoyed this challenge, thanks everyone who has been involved organising etc  :D

The challenge ends at midnight, not at the middle of the day.
I know Deklicht told that in Australia they have PM and AM switched compare to the US.
Please check if that is also the case for you.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2014, 06:20:13 AM »
The challenge ends at midnight, not at the middle of the day.
I know Deklicht told that in Australia they have PM and AM switched compare to the US.
Please check if that is also the case for you.
Australia follows the same AM/PM format as the US. 11.59pm in Australia is one minute before midnight. I am fairly certain it is the same worldwide?

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2014, 06:33:39 AM »
Australia follows the same AM/PM format as the US. 11.59pm in Australia is one minute before midnight. I am fairly certain it is the same worldwide?

Okay now i am confused.
I have this from when i made the spreadsheet for Grandmaster where this was written to me, if we where aware of this.
"In Australia, midday is 12:00pm, and midnight is 12:00am"

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2014, 06:38:04 AM »
Okay now i am confused.
I have this from when i made the spreadsheet for Grandmaster where this was written to me, if we where aware of this.
"In Australia, midday is 12:00pm, and midnight is 12:00am"
Oh, do we have differences with midday and midnight numbers? 11.59pm is one minute to midnight. 12am for us is midnight. 12.01am is one minute after midnight. If there is a difference, it must just be for midnight and midday. All other numbers are exactly the same.

So when it hits midnight, it switches from one day to another, so it begins at am again as soon as it hits midnight, at least for us.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2014, 06:40:25 AM »
Oh, do we have differences with midday and midnight numbers? 11.59pm is one minute to midnight. 12am for us is midnight. 12.01am is one minute after midnight. If there is a difference, it must just be for midnight and midday. All other numbers are exactly the same.

So when it hits midnight, it switches from one day to another, so it begins at am again as soon as it hits midnight, at least for us.

I am only used to the 24 hour system we have here in Europe. So i am really not sure. But his text sounded like he stopped at midday not midnight.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2014, 06:48:31 AM »
I am only used to the 24 hour system we have here in Europe. So i am really not sure. But his text sounded like he stopped at midday not midnight.
Ah, I see. No, we do follow the same system as the US. I just did some research, it's the same numbers for the same times in the US and Australia. I'm unsure what was meant by the other comment!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2014, 08:23:49 AM »
Midday is always 12:00pm (noon) and midnight is always 12:00am 

This challenge ends 04/30 your "local time" 11:59pm (one minute before midnight) -- so as long as your local time is before 11:59pm April 30th, you can still submit your score. 

Now the game time is 4 weeks (Week 4, Day 7, 11:59 PM) -- meaning your sim start at week 1, day 1, 8:00am and the game ends at week 4, day 7, 11:59pm (one minute before midnight, gametime)

anything