Author Topic: A Portrait of My Hometown  (Read 44878 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: A Portrait of My Hometown
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2014, 11:48:44 PM »
I don't worry too much about my score. I play, I have fun, and I get to share the experience with all you great people.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 02:54:24 AM »
@ Jagid, I didn't even use any coffee beans in this challenge! LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 03:09:20 AM »
Just a friendly reminder:  No herbs, coffee beans, or mixology drinks.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 05:26:31 AM »
Jagid

Was there any particular reason you re-edited your post with more or less exactly what I had removed.

From your original post:
I could see it if we were using mixology and advanced technology (I really wished she could have used a dream pod or a nice energy drink and a skill drink at certain points!), but my goodness! I need to relearn everything I know about power-leveling a painter! LOL.

I was mistaken myself when I thought that mixology was allowed but any strategy talk is banned in this thread. Your post,above,could potentially lead to another player revealing hints on how they got their score or upset players who may feel like they are being accused of cheating.
When I removed that part of your post I had my reasons and those reasons still stand regardless of my mistake about the mixology skill.

The lessons to be learned are ratchie for goodness sakes woman read the rules more carefully woman and everyone else loose lips sink challenges,or something very similar.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Jagid

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2014, 05:08:17 PM »
Sorry Rachel! I apologize for my tone. I appreciate your efforts!

I have a fiercely logical and interrogative mind. I try to keep my comments positive but sometimes I feel the need to stick up for myself.

What I really wanted to post basically comes down to: where did I go so wrong to get such a low score?

Amy barely slept and I was grinding her pretty hard. I just felt I let myself down if everyone kept to the same restrictions I held myself to.

Again, sorry!  :'(

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2014, 05:25:58 PM »
I get the same feelings after every challenge it drives me mad wondering how people do it. Luckily players will share how they did what they did after the event closes.

I haven't even practiced yet and up until last night I believed mixology was allowed so I need to get me a gameplan.  ;)

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »
Jagid, when the challenge is over people will talk strategy, and you learn. My first one I did last month I think I came in last and I learned a ton after when people went over the strategy. Now with my practice runs for this month I know I did better.
- Jessica

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mayayeti72

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2014, 08:31:46 PM »
I made sure I triple checked the rules because I thought my score was pretty healthy and I thought I must have missed something. But no, I think I am learning all the little tricks of this game from the awesome players on this forum. It also really pays to read over previous challenge threads  ;D

Painted 38 portraits: 1.38

42,749 x 1.38 = 58,994

Now looking forward to the next two challenges, roll on 15th of the month  :D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2014, 12:41:21 AM »
Well, I certainly didn't win this challenge. Oh well, it was a crazy amount of fun, I can't wait to look through everyone's strategy at the end and go "Oh shoot!" and "Double drat!" when I remember all the things I should have done.  ::)

Overall, I did not get nearly as many portraits in, but I can lay the excuse down that I really haven't messed around seriously with a painter in at least a year, well, I mean I sort of have with my Short Dynasty but it's only made me realize how slow the skill is to level sometimes.

Cheers to those who got those wicked scores.

23 Portraits x 33,855 = 41641.65 (does the decimals actually matter here? Oh well, I'm proud of my score :) )

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2014, 12:09:09 PM »
Really enjoyed this challenge :)

Total Portraits Painted = 32

Top Ten Portraits value = 41,566

Final score:  41,566 x 32 = 54,867
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2014, 01:01:53 PM »
Well WOW to you you all that have finished and got lots of portraits
 (I have not got one yet!) I totally missed that challenge as stated in the rules)(too much wine whilst reading!) that it had to be completed in 4 Sim weeks.I thought I had until the end of April Lol ! :o. So am still trying very much looking forward to reading how you all did it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
Well WOW to you you all that have finished and got lots of portraits
 (I have not got one yet!) I totally missed that challenge as stated in the rules)(too much wine whilst reading!) that it had to be completed in 4 Sim weeks.I thought I had until the end of April Lol ! :o. So am still trying very much looking forward to reading how you all did it.

It can be a little confusing if you are new to the challenges. The amount of game time on the in game clock you mouse over is always in the bulleted ruleset. It's going to usually say 2 or 4 Sim weeks. Then there is the real time in bold green letters at the bottom — that's the real date when the event closes where you cannot submit a score after that date.

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 02:28:42 PM »
. Then there is the real time in bold green letters at the bottom — that's the real date when the event closes where you cannot submit a score after that date.
Hi Metropolis,
I think that is where my confusion set in ! It was only someone posting their score (after 4 Sim weeks) that I realised my mistake
Thank you for helping me out

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »
You do have until the end of April to submit your score. The challenge is open from April 1 to April 30, so there's still 24 days to compete. You play 4 sim weeks in the game, but that doesn't take 4 weeks in real life.
- Jessica

Offline Red the Wolf

• Evil Overlord
  • Nooboo
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2014, 11:02:59 AM »
Is it too late for me to join this challenge?