Author Topic: House Hunters II  (Read 38352 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: House Hunters II
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »
I did not even think of killing sims (pretty obvious by my low score). I would just like to keep my score as it is. It was low, but it wouldn't be fair for me to start over.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
Although it did occur to me to kill sims to get them out I didn't know how? I don't think I have ever really killed a sim! So is it ok for me to ask how it was possible to do so and still maintain the rules?

Locking them in a room and starving them. As morbid as that sounds you'd still be adhering to the rules as they were originally posted hehe.

Off to bed. I will update the leaderboard tomorrow morning. Keep the info coming guys...let me know if you did the challenge without killing and if you want your score to stand. If not, this is by no means any kind of finger pointing, etc — just redo your effort and finish by July 31.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 09:32:02 PM »
Killing sims was not part of my strategy but it did occur to me after I posted my score.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »
Grimmie had a pretty busy week in my game.  So many sims trying to divide by 0 . . . in a locked room . . . with no shower.

Although I am aware of the no-kill rule from previous challenges, I did read and reread the rules to make sure I wasn't missing it in this one, and when I saw this:

Hehe..I am guessing I know what you're curious about and if I am right then have no fear. ;)

I thought sure that's what it was referencing.

I have no problem with the no-kill rule, but in defense of those who chose to separate certain sims from their very expensive homes, I just want to say as a reminder that when we open a new game, there they are again.  It isn't really killing, and we aren't really monsters.   :D

Personally, this was the first time I've seen so much of Grimmie - I had no idea he could be so funny. 

But as I said, I have no problem with the no-kill rule and will happily play this one again and submit a new, Grim-free score.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »
I actually thought that Metro's quote posted by GlazeyLady referred to something entirely different.

However, I did not kill anyone nor did I think about killing anyone.

I would like my current score to stand, please.

I am happy to explain what I did do to the team if they wish to PM me about it.

Dek

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2014, 11:25:21 PM »
I thought sure that's what it was referencing.

I have no problem with the no-kill rule, but in defense of those who chose to separate certain sims from their very expensive homes, I just want to say as a reminder that when we open a new game, there they are again.  It isn't really killing, and we aren't really monsters.   :D

Not only that, the winner in the 2012 Career Caps & New Digs Challenge used the starving strategy and their score was not removed (to the best of my knowledge as it's still listed in the challenge hall of fame). The no-kill rule wasn't even mentioned after the strat was revealed (if it was, I am unable to find it).

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2014, 12:47:48 AM »
Everybody is alive, and my total is 875183.  I really enjoyed seeing the inside of a lot of houses I hadn't before.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline limsielou

• Nooboo
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2014, 01:55:54 AM »
I have a question- is it possible for me to try this challenge again even though I originally posted DNF and my intention wasn't to killl any sims? I would love to try again but I'm not sure if this would be OK?

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2014, 03:24:46 AM »
My score didn't involve any killing of sims either, to be honest that hadn't even occurred to me and I was surprised when I read it, I was just hoping story progression might move them about but it didn't.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2014, 07:12:02 AM »
I have a question- is it possible for me to try this challenge again even though I originally posted DNF and my intention wasn't to killl any sims? I would love to try again but I'm not sure if this would be OK?

Yep, go for it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2014, 07:42:46 AM »
I think the table is up to date with everyone that has stated whether they killed Sims or not.

@Chare — I totally get your frustration. You are NOT being punished. I am not finger pointing or anything. I am not saying killing Sims is bad. I simply want to have that option taken away for this event because if only some players do it and others do not then the challenge essentially becomes worthless. It would be like a 5K race where some players knew to use shoes that would make them go twice as fast. Anyways, you and Glazey do your efforts again...no doubt you guys are still going to do awesome because you are incredible players. I really do hope there are no lasting hurt feelings here and we can move on.

------

If you have submitted a score and your score is not on the table, then let the team know if your score can stand with the new rule.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2014, 09:27:19 AM »
I actually thought that Metro's quote posted by GlazeyLady referred to something entirely different.

Oh, and don't I wish I knew what that was . . . now that I need a new strategy.   :D

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »
Total value of the houses is:  $866,889.

My score can stand. No killing sims

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2014, 01:00:39 PM »
I didn't think of this until I was finishing up the first time and didn't want to complicate things that late in the game by asking, but now that the timeframe has changed, I'll ask. 

Regarding:

Right before the challenge ends you need to obtain the worth of your last home. Use your phone to bring up the Move dialog box (but do not select a new home) in order to obtain the value of your last home. 

Should this include instructions that anything that might have been placed on the final lot (e.g. a car in the driveway, skill items, etc.) has to be put in the Family Inventory before getting the value on the final house?  I know the rules say that nothing can be left on the lot when you move, but you aren't really moving from here, and it would be easy to accidentally leave one or two cars on the lot or to forget to pack something up before getting the lot value.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2014, 01:17:58 PM »
I didn't think of this until I was finishing up the first time and didn't want to complicate things that late in the game by asking, but now that the timeframe has changed, I'll ask. 

Regarding:
Should this include instructions that anything that might have been placed on the final lot (e.g. a car in the driveway, skill items, etc.) has to be put in the Family Inventory before getting the value on the final house?  I know the rules say that nothing can be left on the lot when you move, but you aren't really moving from here, and it would be easy to accidentally leave one or two cars on the lot or to forget to pack something up before getting the lot value.

Good point, thank you. *shakes his head in disgust* There's goes my own exploit! I'm kidding, I'm kidding! ;)

anything