Author Topic: House Hunters II  (Read 38273 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
House Hunters II
« on: June 16, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »
House Hunters II

Goal
It’s hard to believe that the first House Hunters Challenge was four years ago in the summer of 2010. It was a fun event, so we’re bringing it back for a final time. The goal is pretty much the same—buy as many houses as you can in two Sim weeks with each new house needing to be more valuable than the last. Happy hunting!

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 2 Young Adult Sims. All life states are fine.
  • Pets in CAS or adopting after going into Live Mode are both fine, but no other household additions.
  • At the start of the challenge you choose an empty furnished home to live in.
  • The forum's Union Cove world is banned.
  • The Edit Town screen is completely off limits.
  • No intentional killing of Sims.
  • You can never leave your town—no traveling/no University.
  • You can never enter Build Mode.
  • Purchasing items from stores or Buy Mode is fine, but homes cannot be altered in any way—no moving, deleting, upgrading, or leaving anything on the lot at moving time**. So, for example you can buy a painting easel and place it, but nothing can be moved in order to place it and when it’s time to move the easel is packed in Family Inventory.
  • **In the rare event of a disaster (i.e., meteor, fire, burglary) you are allowed to replace a lost item with an identical item.
  • All homes you live in must be different and each home you move into must be worth more than the last.
  • This challenge concludes at the end of 2 weeks (Week 2, Day 7, 11:59 PM).

Moving
When you want to move click on the Smart Phone in your Inventory and choose Real Estate and Travel Services > Move > Within this Neighborhood.

Move your Sim that is not making the phone call from the left side to the right side. Note the worth (write it down on a sheet of paper) of your existing home at the bottom left of the dialog box. Make sure to check the Sell Furniture button. On the right side at the bottom click House...and then when the destination screen comes up you select a home that must cost more than the worth of your existing home. Once you select an eligible home click Accept and the game automatically shuffles your two Sims on their way.

Scoring

Total Worth — This is the total worth of all homes your two Sims lived in during the two weeks of the challenge. Keep accurate notes and jot down the worth of each home as you move. Right before the challenge ends you need to obtain the worth of your last home. Use your phone to bring up the Move dialog box (but do not select a new home) in order to obtain the value of your last home. Remember to pack up everything into Family Inventory that you put on the lot of your last home when you assess the value. 

Ch-Ch-Changes
The team does not want to edit and make changes to the ruleset once this event goes live, but we may have to. This seasons’ events are shorter and the team has less time to test potential loopholes. If an exploit is brought to our attention or we discover something else we reserve the right to ask affected players to redo their effort.

Have Questions?
Please think hard before you ask in the challenge thread because it may be strategy. What you may consider an innocent question could cause another player to go — “oh, I did not think of doing that.” It’s always safer to PM everyone on the team (Metro, ratchie, Nutella, and Blackrosea) for clarifications. Thanks.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event, but the winner especially is expected to do so in detail.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Worth
MomOfMany1,268,979
Lisa461,184,567
bored11,104,482
LenaLJ1,100,522
Chare1,078,658
GlazeyLady1,031,718
_Annika_1,027,295
Tandrael1,019,408
mayayeti721,014,979
Metropolis Man1,014,464
Femke821,014,217
Ferretmania1,014,090
Turoskel1,004,674
Abyshep1,004,170
alyssa.cole994,111
Deklitch988,292
Danielle Haydis954,967
Tiamet875,183
klop90866,889
Myzteree848,849
Pam793,076
MarianT526,360
MissZoef493,591
Ginj389,253
KRae307,109
Sarleenia270,602
SIMantics101190,677

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: House Hunters II
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »
Rule:
Purchasing items from stores or Buy Mode is fine, but homes cannot be altered in any way—no moving, deleting, upgrading, or leaving anything on the lot at moving time.

Clarification:
You cannot sell furniture or anything in the furnished home, even if you don't need it.
You cannot move any furniture, even if it annoys you.
You cannot upgrade any item that comes in the furnished home.
You cannot leave any items on the lot at moving time - this is to prevent you from inflating the home value.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:59:02 PM »
Thank you for the clarification, Nutella. I also just added the following:

• Do not use the forum's Union Cove world due to some bugs.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 11:30:58 AM »
Someone PM'd the team the other day and asked about fires or meteors, so I have edited the following:

• **In the rare event of a disaster (i.e., meteor, fire, burglary) you are allowed to replace a lost item with an identical item.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »
Changed the Union Cove rule to a flat ban...

• The forum's Union Cove world is banned.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 09:18:49 AM »
Is there any requirement for moving homes?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
@_Annika_

As of right now the only requirement I see is the new home must cost more than the worth of your existing home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Ok, good. I thought I was missing something. I guess I am just used to the longer challenges where there were a lot more requirements to be met first.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 09:26:06 AM »
And all homes must be different — i.e. you cannot live in the same home two different times.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
Ok, good. I thought I was missing something. I guess I am just used to the longer challenges where there were a lot more requirements to be met first.

I felt the same!  When I first look at this challenge, I thought I was going senile.  I reread the rules multiple times, thinking I am somehow misreading it.  I kept telling myself maybe i need to get one skill challenge complete before i can move, or something like that.  ;D

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 11:58:45 AM »
This sounds like fun! It's mostly about planning. I love planning.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
So no adding missing EA community lots before starting?

• The Edit Town screen is completely off limits.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »
Thanks, I'm glad I realized this now instead of when it was too late.

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 04:51:08 AM »
The Element twins have stayed in 954,967 simoleons worth of homes. Thank you to the Challenge Team for the event.

anything