Author Topic: House Hunters II  (Read 37891 times)

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
Re: House Hunters II
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »
I am assuming the time on the clock when on the moving screen for the last move needs to say 11:59 pm or prior. Is that correct? Therefore the call would need to be made before because it takes a few minutes for the call to get there.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
@MomOfMany — a portion of your post I chose to edit. But, the answer is yes, since it takes a few minutes to make the call it would be best to make the last call a little earlier than 11:59.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »
Sorry if that was strategy I didn't think about that. And that's what I thought just wanted to make sure.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »
I once tried to kill a Sim... but don't you need to go to "build mode"- that is not allowed in this challenge- to do so? I once had an Evil Sim, who had the wish to see the ghost of his boss, so I went to the internet and asked how that could be done: remove the doors, they said, to keep them locked in a room. I'm still a bit curious, that one attempt I did then didn't work, the poor Sim just complained on how dirty he was but Grimm never showed up.

So, I'm assuming, locking some sims in your house, even if they don't die, wouldn't be allowed, right? That was not part of my original strategy, now I'll get more time to practice it, cause it's not working either...
ˇPura vida!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2014, 05:45:14 PM »
So, I'm assuming, locking some sims in your house, even if they don't die, wouldn't be allowed, right?

Well, of course — you're trying to kill them. So, you'd be breaking the new rule. And FYI you do not need to remove the door. Just click on the door and you have various locking options. But, yeah when Grim shows up varies greatly.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »
I'm sort of glad it starts over, gives me more time to finish.  Never occured to me to kill any sims, didn't think it was allowed.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2014, 01:44:24 PM »
Rubbish as my score was, I'd like it to stand please. This file was so buggy it took ages to finish, so I don't really want to do it again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »
All rules adhered to. . .

House total: $994,111

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2014, 04:46:41 PM »
Hunter ditched Wiz (his brother) and played with the much more attractive Carys;  Their final Grim-free score is $1,031,718.

Offline Abyshep

• Townie
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2014, 02:45:03 AM »
I didn't kill people so happy for my score to stand. I'd love to have a do over as I got a major piece of strategy wrong but not sure it's fair this much removed. Good challenge, I loved playing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Myzteree

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »
My total was 848849. I didn't even think to kill sims lol. 

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
I just finished up. Ugh — is it too late to go back to killing Sims? Would anyone care if just I did it?  ;D Anyways, my couple racked up 1,014,464 in total house value. My "planB" for a workaround to the no death rule definitely did not pan out. Oh well.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2014, 10:42:48 AM »
Both House Hunters and the Grand Finale end one week from today (next Thursday). If you submitted a score in House Hunters before the new no kill rule, then please do not delay in telling me if your original score can stand.

Offline Femke82

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2014, 07:40:17 AM »
I just re-did this challenge, as I did kill some sims in my first challenge file. I think I did pretty good this time without killing sims, but the strategy I had didn't work.  :'(

My sims lived in houses with a total value of 1,014,217

Femke82

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2014, 09:42:06 AM »
I sure wish I knew how to make sims move away. Normally the game does it all by itself all too quickly. Final score §1,027,295