Author Topic: The Reconquest of Alveus Novus (Completed)  (Read 13700 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
The Reconquest of Alveus Novus (Completed)
« on: July 01, 2014, 10:01:25 PM »
THE RECONQUEST OF ALVEUS NOVUS

Prologue

One morning the residents of Twinbrook awoke to discover a new building in their midst. “It’s not a real house,” complained Anna Liza Riddle. “It’s set at an angle to the sidewalk. And the bed – they don’t have any walls around it or roof above it.” Her voice dropped to a whisper, “And you wouldn’t believe how they carry on – they don’t seem to realize that anyone might be watching.”

Justin Kayes and Lang Gwydd exchanged glances. It wouldn’t surprise them to find out that the new residents had known perfectly well that Anna Liza was watching – she didn’t seem to realize how visible her large binoculars were. Nevertheless, she had a point. In a town which prided itself on eccentricity, the newest residents were definitely odd. They didn’t dress like anyone else, and sometimes there was a strange glow about them…

Their activities seemed normal, however. The woman sketched, and the man worked in the garden. And, as Anna Liza had confirmed, their interests didn’t seem any different from those of the rest of Twinbrook. By the end of the weekend, everyone had quit talking about the newcomers and turned their attention back to Twinbrook’s performance in the World Cup.

Rex and Regina Melapis would have been surprised to discover that they were an object of curiosity, for they were taking great pains to look normal. Regina had trimmed her wings to a minimum, and Rex wore a mask to hide his eye markings. They even ate meals like the other people in Twinbrook instead of absorbing nutrients through their skin. “It’s good to chew food again,” Regina commented. “It’s been three thousand years since I’ve had lettuce.” “That’s right,” agreed Rex, “not since they named the Appian Way after us in Rome.”

And when they discovered that people in Twinbrook would expect them to be married before they started producing children, they engaged in their traditional courting ceremony. Rex approached Regina with some thorned blossoms…

…and caught her when she was overwhelmed by their scent.

They were not ready to reproduce yet – they still had jobs to complete, skills to work on, and friends to make, but the first step had been taken.

Rex would go to work in law enforcement. He was ambitious, adventurous, and athletic, a workaholic who loved the outdoors.

His lifetime wish was to become a Seasoned Traveler, and his first trip was to China.

The first day he went to work, Regina was very proud of him. He had slicked down his hair and dressed so as to be unobtrusive, as his job was that of a snitch. His boss, Goodwin Goode, had explained to him how important it was that he blend in.

Regina was ambitious, artistic, family-oriented, and a workaholic. Her wish was to Live in the Lap of Luxury.

She found work as a Stylist. It was a job that gave her the opportunity to develop her painting, for she would have the task of completing portraits of each of her future drones. But she also could use it to meet her future subjects and dress them appropriately. Her first client was Molly Coddle, who wanted a new hair color. Regina also gave her a new black and yellow striped t-shirt to indicate her status as a worker bee.

She also gave Lang Gwydd a t-shirt before she changed his sleepwear, which was what he wanted. She didn't get a picture of him in his t-shirt, unfortunately.

For several days, their lives were normal. They had agreed to assimilate the town slowly, not to threaten anyone. Besides working, Rex exercised at the Alchemy Shop.

He also was starting to learn the skill of alchemy.

But one day, the bees arrived – the little insects whom Rex and Regina regarded as their distant ancestors. It was Regina’s sacred duty to care for them.

And it was the bees’ sacred duty to allow themselves to be cared for, but they didn’t seem to realize that.

Regina didn’t blame the bees. It was obvious to her that the people of Twinbrook must have mistreated them somehow, for them to be so hostile. “I’ll show them!” she fumed to Rex. “Instead of one drone each Reproductive Day, I’ll produce 4 or 5. They will rue the day they let my bees go wild!”

“I’m not sure you’re being fair, honeybee,” said Rex. “You should at least warn them.”

“I’ll warn them!” agreed Regina. “I’ll make them quake in their boots with fear.”

She picked up the newspaper. “They have a section called ‘Letters to the Editor,’” she said. “I’ll send my manifesto to them.”

Regina Melapis Floris Terrae salutem dicit. Tribus mille annis decessi aedificavi urbes et oppidi optimi vobis. Hodie ecce chaos! Ergo filii et filia nostri vestra villas occupabimus. Resistere non potest.

(Translation: Queen Honeybee salutes the flowers of Earth. Three thousand years ago, I built the best cities and towns for you. Today I behold chaos! Therefore our sons and daughters will occupy your homes. To resist is not possible.)

“That’s kind of archaic Simlish,” said Rex. “Do you think they’ll understand it?”

“If they don’t, they should,” said Regina. “I think we’ve given them fair enough warning.”

(Translator's note: Although Rex and Regina speak Archaic Simlish to each other, I have chosen to modernize their conversations to make them easier to understand.)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Reconquest of Alveus Novus
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »
Great start! Your founders both have pretty eyes. Looking forward to some nooboos  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:48 AM »
Ooo can't wait for more! Awesome start!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 01:40:21 AM »
I love your townie makeovers, as well as the use of the movie stuff outfits

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07:25 AM »
I'm up in the middle of the night with a sick cat, but that sleepwear makeover made me stifle a laugh!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
Reproductive Day 1 Before

Rex soon became best friends with his boss, Goodwin Goode. It never hurt to have an in with the chief of police, especially when you were planning to take over a town.

He picked up his first martial arts belt…

…and questioned a suspect, Alistair Pine, who ran the Elixir Shop.

While he was in the shop, Rex found an interesting potion. Using the Midas Touch didn’t have any effect on his car’s brakes or muffler, but it produced lucrative results when used on a statue.

Rex transformed a whole line of statues and then went to bed.

Meanwhile, Regina was hard at work, dressing Twinbrook in clothing suitable for New Hive.

Unfortunately, not every transformation was a success.

And sometimes people had personal requests that had to be honored.

Regina even managed to make a best friend among her victims clients.

When she wasn’t transforming Twinbrook into New Hive, Regina worked at the drafting table. With four of her sketches plus one from Rex (the frog chair), the two of them soon had a collection.

It was hard work, but at the end of 5 weeks, everything was in place. Rex cast the fertilizing elixir, and Regina was surrounded with a red glow.

They heard chimes a little while later, but it wasn’t until the next morning that Regina was sure she would have noobees.

She was very glad that she didn’t have a second bout of nausea while receiving her Stylist Key to the City. It would have been too embarrassing to throw up on the Mayor’s shoes.

Requirements for Reproductive Day 1

Jobs: Rex – International Super Spy (Law Enforcement 10)
    Regina – Fashion Phenomenon (Stylist 10)

Skill Challenges: Rex – Celebrity (charisma)
                 Master Planter (gardening)
             Regina – Plumber (handiness)
                  Celebrity (charisma)

Lifetime Rewards: Rex – Jetsetter
              Regina – No Bills Ever

Best Friends: Rex – Goodwin Goode
          Regina – Alma Drill

Collection: Sketches from the drafting table worth $763

Travel: 9 days
RD1: Week 5, Day 4

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
Congrats on your first RD.  I love your storytelling.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »
Thanks, simfulicious and KRae.

KRae, I hope your cat is better. If you look in the Babble Board section, there's a thread called jokes, where someone a couple of years ago posted instructions on giving a pill to a cat. Here's the link: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10126.msg200583.html#msg200583.

ETA link.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »
Thanks, he's an elder cat and had a small stroke, but he is recovering.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 10:22:03 PM »
Reproductive Day 1 After

Regina had a dozen questions about the future. She was the only one who would be able to get a clone voucher, unless Rex got really happy about something soon. Would she lose all her fairy power and have to start developing it again?

And what kind of maternity wear would she get? Well, that question was answered soon.

Regina had no doubt that Rex would behave appropriately when the time came.

What she hadn’t anticipated was her own reaction.

Regina gave birth to one little fairy boy named Beach.  A friendly genius, he became a toddler the next morning.

She also went to the Science Center and returned with a clone of her human self named Beacon. Beacon became a teen the next day. She’s ambitious, family-oriented, and a workaholic like her mother.

She picked up the born saleswoman trait and is going to study gardening.

Rex quit his job as an International Super Spy but signed up for Law Enforcement again, this time to go into Forensics. He had a birthday but didn’t want any cake – there was already plenty left over from the children.

Regina took up the career of painting. She was disappointed to discover that selling her sketches didn’t contribute to her progress, but because she was at a high level, her paintings were worth more. Of course, she didn’t have as much time to paint because she was teaching Beach how to walk.

Because Beacon was family-oriented, she was happy to help with taking care of Beach.

It didn’t take long for Beach to become a child. Regina was delighted to find a cute outfit for him at the store, and she resolved that all her children would wear something similar. (Beacon, however, was glad they didn’t have it in teen size.)

Beacon was becoming a bit rebellious, and both Rex and Regina were pretty sure she was responsible for pranking the shower.

Beacon confessed that she felt like she was spending all her time either in school or working in the garden. Rex agreed to take her with him when he went to France to pick up some nectar for his boss. While he explored tombs…

…some of which were filled with dangerous traps…

Beacon picked grapes. But they were grapes in France, so she didn’t mind.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 11:14:29 PM »
That frog chair photo amongst all of the other "sophisticated" photos was awesome. The kids/clone are cuties :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 08:31:24 AM »
Reproductive Day 2 Before

The next major event was the celebration of Beach’s birthday.

He became a teen in time to go to prom along with his older sister. Beach had a great time and picked up Emerald Greenwood as a romantic interest. Beacon was less fortunate – her crush didn’t want to dance with her. She left the prom before she could get into any fights.

The next day Beach and Beacon went on a field trip to the Wilsonoff Community Theater. Tay Bayless and Pansy Prudence went, too, along with their teacher, Cherish Curious.

Meanwhile, Regina was making progress as a painter. This was one of her 5 masterpieces.

Finally, it was time for Beacon to graduate. She was named Most Likely to Have a Large Family. “Most likely to belong to a large family” would have been more accurate.

Beacon moved out on Week 6, Day 3. She achieved level 10 in gardening and reached level 6 as a Gardener. She bought the Lakeside Community Library.

When Beach had his next birthday, his cake started a fire. Luckily Regina had an extinguisher handy.

Beach went into law enforcement like his father and started work as a snitch. He has the same flair for camouflage as his old man. Beach was voted Most Likely to Save the World when he graduated.

Regina has completed masterpiece portraits of both Beacon and Beach.

For their collection, Rex and Regina chose gifts from their admirers, or love gifts, totaling $1325.

Requirements for Reproductive Day 2

Job: Regina – Master of the Brush (Painting, 10)
   Rex -- Dynamic DNA Profiler (Law Enforcement 10)
Skill Challenges: Regina – Brushmaster, Master Painter
   Rex – Plumber, Personable
Lifetime Rewards: Regina – Extra Creative
    Rex – Prepared Traveler
Best Friends: Regina – Tay Bayless
    Rex – Noelle St. James
Collection: Love gifts worth $1325

Travel: 17 days
RD2: Week 7, Day 6

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 11:31:23 AM »
Well done on completing your second set of requirements! Both Beach and Beacon aged up beautifully, sans the snitch outfit of course :).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 03:01:48 PM »
Reproductive Day 2 After

Once again, Regina used the procreation elixir and once again she had only one child, a little girl named Beagle. Beagle is a virtuoso who loves the outdoors. After giving birth Regina decided to get the Fertility Treatment Lifetime Reward. At the rate they were going, she and Rex would have 20 more Reproductive Days in their future.

Regina was very tired, so Rex used the potent cure elixir on himself and went to pick up his clone. Beak was an athletic, family-oriented workaholic like his father and looked just like him except for his brown hair.

Once they returned home, Beach started tutoring his younger half-brother.

Beak didn’t stay a child long, but decided to have his teen birthday the next day, before he went to school dressed as a bee.

Beagle became a toddler.

She was a young lady with firm opinions, one of which was that breakfast should be served at 6 am and not a minute later.

After a couple of days, Beagle was ready to become a child.

This was a relief to Rex, because it meant he could go and do his architectural consultations instead of staying home. Regina was working as an Art Appraiser now. Her employer had been so eager to get her that she’d been hired and had started work immediately even though she was in an advanced state of pregnancy. With all the painting she’d done, Regina had plenty of art work to scan.

Beach tutored Beagle as well. It was her choice to sit under the sprinkler while she learned arithmetic.

After he graduated from high school (and was named Most Likely to Fulfill His Lifetime Wish), Beak took up glass-blowing.

He couldn’t make a career of it, though, so learned alchemy. His first elixir sold enabled him to reach level 3, whereupon he devoted the rest of his time to making glass objects like these statues of the Menus de Vilo.

On Week 8, Day 6, Beach was ready to move out. He had achieved level 5 in Law Enforcement, he’d bought the Always Studious Bookstore, and his portrait had been painted. What took such a long time was mastering the logic skill.

Beak moved out the next day, having bought and upgraded Hollowlog Springs and mastered the Artisan skill. His portrait has been finished, too.

The only drone left at home is Beagle, who is studying the guitar. She went to prom the other night, where she picked up Notzo Curious as a romantic interest and was named Prom Queen. She is also artistic and ambitious.